[Support] ESS

I installed this script on my Overpoch server(epoch5.1//overwatch2.5) but after loading screen nothing appear just fresh random spawn..How can I fix?

I'm sorry but It my first time to open the overpoch server
I did right No.5 but at the No.6 you said ' edit codes at dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf ' which is PBO file. I extracted the dayz_server PBO file and edited the server_functions.sqf. after that, Repack the dayz_server file which I edited. Is it right? how can I deal with PBO file? should I put the server_functions.sqf file into the custom script folder where it is at the mission folder?

I'm running Overpoch and hosting at Survival Server, which has an included "infiStar Lite" AH. I'm having the issue with being stuck floating in the air with halo spawn.

The halo spawn was working fine, but yesterday I installed Epoch Admin Tools and one other mod(can't think of what it was atm) and one of those must have broke it.

If you wanna give it a shot Ebay, here's a link to my .pbo's. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Did anyone else who had the floating problem have the same Epoch Tools Installed?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/djso968ne6azfo7/AAC93lNmkGWxvSO60eBf2KUha

@ebay
So, I installed this mod yesterday to my server, and at first it worked great. Then i noticed it starting messing up or maybe it's made this way, I'm not sure. I and the other Admin on the server have no issues with it, but new people are not able to join the server because they login, get to the class select, and are stuck, repeatedly selecting class, but not going any further than that. Won't take them to the next step. Also, I noticed that each and every time you log in, whether it's cause you've died or because you're simply aborting and coming back in, it deletes all your inventory, and makes you respawn with one of the classes. It does not recognize new players from players who have already played and had stuff they worked hard to get. Just makes them restart each time they login to the server. Any ideas what it may be? (This last part about not recognizing new from old, affects us Admin as well, we can't log out temporarily, come back, and still have our things we looted.)

Edit: Another thing, after some more testing yesterday, we found out that when anyone dies, they cannot hit Esc to bring up the menu to abort, it won't let it show the menu at all. Only work around I found to respawn, was to use IAH and heal the dead player and kill again, then they were able to access the Esc menu to abort.

Last edited:
@ebay
So, I installed this mod yesterday to my server, and at first it worked great. Then i noticed it starting messing up or maybe it's made this way, I'm not sure. I and the other Admin on the server have no issues with it, but new people are not able to join the server because they login, get to the class select, and are stuck, repeatedly selecting class, but not going any further than that. Won't take them to the next step. Also, I noticed that each and every time you log in, whether it's cause you've died or because you're simply aborting and coming back in, it deletes all your inventory, and makes you respawn with one of the classes. It does not recognize new players from players who have already played and had stuff they worked hard to get. Just makes them restart each time they login to the server. Any ideas what it may be? (This last part about not recognizing new from old, affects us Admin as well, we can't log out temporarily, come back, and still have our things we looted.)

Edit: Another thing, after some more testing yesterday, we found out that when anyone dies, they cannot hit Esc to bring up the menu to abort, it won't let it show the menu at all. Only work around I found to respawn, was to use IAH and heal the dead player and kill again, then they were able to access the Esc menu to abort.

What mod are you using? Epoch, Overpoch, etc?

@chi Epoch, sorry. Followed instructions very carefully, and only thing i changed was the donator loadouts, and ofc the donator list and list bases.

Epoch vers. 1.0.4.2

now i'm stuck in the authentication problem.... after edited the dayz_server.pbo file..... What should i do?

@chi Epoch, sorry. Followed instructions very carefully, and only thing i changed was the donator loadouts, and ofc the donator list and list bases.

Epoch vers. 1.0.4.2

Ebay updated the files to work with Epoch 1.0.5.1. Maybe that's the problem.

Try updating Epoch versions. Download the latest Epoch release from you host and put all of you mods back in one by one. Start with this one. That way if there are any problems you'll know which add-on caused it.

now i'm stuck in the authentication problem.... after edited the dayz_server.pbo file..... What should i do?

I tried adding it a couple nights ago when I was very tired. Had the same problem. Downloaded a fresh .pbo and tried again the next morning and it worked fine.

Which mod are you using.

Wow. Well that may be the problem. You could send EBay a message to see if he has an older version.

I used to be with HFB, but couldn't afford it anymore, downgraded to Dayz.st. I looked and saw SS.com was horrible. can't say much about Dayz.st support either tho. Haven't tried Vilayer, but cost more.

For some reason the addon isn't even executing for me, even though I followed the instructions on the installation page. Not sure what the problem is since the .rpt file isn't throwing out any errors either. Seriously, this is what it looks like: http://pastebin.com/KdAVxAxe

I don't understand what the problem could be if it's not even throwing out errors and not doing anything. I'm using Vilayer by the way.

Back