Hey Matt,

thinking about this script, would it be possible to change the file called to
missionConfigFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> skins

Reason I ask is cause I have a CfgSurvival survival for my epoch namalsk

Hey Matt,

thinking about this script, would it be possible to change the file called to
missionConfigFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> skins

Reason I ask is cause I have a CfgSurvival survival for my epoch namalsk
If you have skins listed in that file, I don't see why it wouldnt work :)

mine isnt working keeps saying Custom\Recoverskin.sqf cannot be found

EDIT: Nevermind, found one with better instruction!

Last edited:
mine isnt working keeps saying Custom\Recoverskin.sqf cannot be found

EDIT: Nevermind, found one with better instruction!
That means your filepath is wrong. Edit it to show where you actually placed the file.

Might want to change up the part about spawning a box with the skin inside of it because there is no need to have it really. A dead body has infinite weapon and item slots + the box that is spawned causes problems if a server has antihack as it is detected as a hacker box and doesn't spawn for players and immediately closes the gear menu when around that dead body, its easy enough for me just to remove it but you might want to look into that :p
Best of luck it works great other then that error!

Might want to change up the part about spawning a box with the skin inside of it because there is no need to have it really. A dead body has infinite weapon and item slots + the box that is spawned causes problems if a server has antihack as it is detected as a hacker box and doesn't spawn for players and immediately closes the gear menu when around that dead body, its easy enough for me just to remove it but you might want to look into that :p
Best of luck it works great other then that error!
BIS_fnc_invAdd for some reason wasn't working if they had their inventory full, that's why I added the box :p I originally wanted to add it on the ground but couldn't figure out all the weaponholder bullshit so I just went with the box. Glad it works for you though man, love hearing feedback!

just added this but now when I click wear clothes nothing happens ( any clothes)
it may be another script doing this and I just noticed

Gives me a weird spawning bug on dayz 1.8.1

When people die it just spawns them back on their body with the same everything including health etc.

It seems to put the clothing on their bodies though, but i had to remove due to the spawning glitch.

great idea if this can be resolved.

hmm, that's strange. It might just be how you placed it, and it could also be the call compile. Best bet would to first try either execVM or #include

i placed it like this

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";         //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";           //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";   //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";           //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Recover_Skin\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
I'll mess with it later and remove it all to after the progressloading part and towards the bottom, and use the execvm like you suggested.

i placed it like this

Code:
//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\variables.sqf";         //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";           //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";   //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";           //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Recover_Skin\compiles.sqf";
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
I'll mess with it later and remove it all to after the progressloading part and towards the bottom, and use the execvm like you suggested.
oh no no the player death used in that is from epoch, you'll have to merge into default dayz 1.8.1 player death. That's your bug.

Well i don't know how to do that. Perhaps you should state that it only works for Epoch in the download topic, so some people will have less trouble.

thanks anyway.

I tried to add this script and because im a newb it didnt work so I remove everything to do with it and now my server doesnt load it counts up to 120 and times out. Any ideas on how to fix it thanks in advance :)

Hmm would there be a way to notify the player after the action is complete like a ingame message like
Code:
titleText ["Skin Recovered", "PLAIN DOWN", 3];

Back