Survival Servers or DayZ.St?

Garon

Hello everybody!

Me and my clan are looking to start up a server but are having trouble trying to decide between hosts. It's come down to SurvivalServers.com or DayZ.ST. I know some of the pros and cons of each but I really need some opinions from people have good information or have used the hosts first hand. Especially when it comes to the database and editing. DayZ.ST I have first hand experience with as I was and admin on one, plus there is many database tutorials for DayZ.ST. With Survival Servers I have never used it, plus I've never seen any tutorials on it. The fact that they charge to add server mods as well tells me it is not easy to do yourself. Another thing is the pricing. Survival Servers is $20 a month for 50 slots and DayZ.ST is $30 a month for 50 slots. Survival Servers also allows 60, 70, and 80 player slots and I'm pretty sure DayZ.ST is always 50. Also infiStar anti-hack is $40 but survival servers offers it to go with the server for $20. So opinions anyone? I could really use some help here so I don't get screwed.

Based on what I've seen of survival servers , reviews and a friend's experience I would say avoid them like the plague. Dayz.st is typically great for a starter server but I reccomend verthosting.com been with them 2 months now and absolutely no lag and awesome support, IMHO.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Survival servers I think in the past had some issues. However they have a great support staff now, and I have never had a problem. I have been with them over a month, and I love them. I tried dayz.st recently, and cancelled my service after a day. I didn't like that they were limited to their FTP access. Which if you are adding mods is a huge problem for me. There is complete FTP access with survival, and I run 50fps when there are 30 people on. Another company I use is Vilayer, I haven't had a problem with them yet, but have only been there a week.

Back