Tents and Wood

willidshome

I have got a problem on my server,

I can unpack a tent get it to open up but when I have to press space bar to place it, it does not do anything.

Also:

I am not able to chop wood from the tree's.

Don't know if this could be linked.

Thanks

That should be because your compiles.sqf or selfactions.sqf is either bugged or it's being called wrong. It shouldn't have anything to do with sarge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I am assuming u are using epoch or some other mod that uses space for building items..

Anyway
Copy pasting everything is bad
Especially when its meant for stock dayz & u are running a different version.

----------
----------

Get yourself a tool to extract pbo's
Extract the pbo for dayz_code.pbo that comes with epoch & have a look @ the compiles.sql that comes with the mod

U will notice its alot different to the one u linked...
U should use the stock one that comes with your mod, copy it & use it in your mission file.
Then u make any modifcations needed to it

Thanks for that I am a newbie when it comes to this I have downloaded epoch (server files) from here but been looking for the file you mentione. Yes I am using Epoch and I am on Vilayers Servers

Here is your best bet with editing the compiles/selfactions files.

In your init.sqf file find this
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                //Compile trader configs

Add the line so it looks like this:

Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                //Compile trader configs
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

Create that new compiles.sqf file in that location and only put this inside it:
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf";            // fnc_usec_selfActions - adds custom actions to dayz code

Basically the only thing that is being done is overriding one variable instead of editing the source, with this method you don't have to worry about updates to the compiles.sqf. Let me know if you need more help with this.

The compiles.sqf is in the mod files i.e client files
C:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo

You have most likely overwritten functions required in the epoch mod with something from your mission files.

To find the files you are looking for unpack .pbo files with pbo manager..

Managed to get it, the one I was using had 500ish lines the one on my system has 800ish. Guess something had been overwritten with the files from the server pack 1.2.1.

There will be more in the mission pbo. The thing to look for is changes in things like fn_selfactions.sqf ( biggest culprit).

The correct way is to merge the changes manually into your DayZ_server.pbo..

just testing everything at the moment, got self blood working and tents are still working thanks god. I did try putting the refuel script in place and it knocked everything out. I was getting the error cannot count magazine and it was dumping a backpack where I spawned.

Back