[Tool]Cusom Vehicle Spawns

Gweincalar

So, here is a little tool i made for personal use. I wanted to create custom vehicle spawns for my server by using the Arma2 3D mission editor.​
[Screenshots]
23jR6sbB
SeJTMY3c
rGea02JS

[Quick tutorial]
  1. Start your DayZ and press (ALT + E) to open the 3D mission editor.
  2. Place the vehicles you want to be spawned
  3. Place the following (Center > Group >Unit) so you can save the mission
  4. Open the tool and enter your MySQL settings
  5. Just follow the step by step button. All you have to do is to click the button several times until the tool says you’re done.
  6. Restart your server
  7. Enjoy your custom vehicle spawns.
[Current Features]
  • Import Vehicles from Arma 3D Editor to your server. [Reality & Origins]
  • Import Buildings from Arma 3D Editor to your server. [Reality]
  • Remove every Vehicle from your server. [Reality]
  • Export Vehicles from Database to Arma 3D Editor [Reality]*
[Planned]
  • Add full support for DayZ Origins Databases.
  • Export Objects / Buildings from Database to Arma 3D Editor

*Please clear your "instance_vehicle" and your "world_vehicle" table if you want to import your exported vehicles after you've edited them.

Feel free to leave me some feedback or requests on this thread.

Very slick. I can't tell you how many times I've explained the PHP method over Skype; this looks great for the less technically inclined.

I only have one suggestion, you might add a field so you can tell what record to start importing from. So if there are 233 official spawns already in your database, you can set it to start importing from id 500 onward or something so you don't have to worry about future DB updates clashing with your custom vehicle spawns.

Very slick. I can't tell you how many times I've explained the PHP method over Skype; this looks great for the less technically inclined.

I only have one suggestion, you might add a field so you can tell what record to start importing from. So if there are 233 official spawns already in your database, you can set it to start importing from id 500 onward or something so you don't have to worry about future DB updates clashing with your custom vehicle spawns.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I will import it today.

EDIT: Added this with the latest Update. Please only use this option if you know what you're doing since it also increases the "Auto_increment Counter" of your database. You will be asked during importing the vehicles if you want to set a custom starting point for the IDs. There's no text field or something like this to keep things easy.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I will import it today.

EDIT: Added this with the latest Update. Please only use this option if you know what you're doing since it also increases the "Auto_increment Counter" of your database. You will be asked during importing the vehicles if you want to set a custom starting point for the IDs. There's no text field or something like this to keep things easy.
I have to redo all my Namalsk spawns after deciding to rebuild my server post Bliss, perfect opportunity to give your tool a test run. Certainly beats having to customize a PHP script.

*EDIT*

Worked absolutely fantastic. Very well done sir.

I also thought of another possible feature. You might give the option to list what vehicles are removed when they aren't found on the vehicle table. Could be a time saver for adding unbanned vehicles.

Worked absolutely fantastic. Very well done sir.

I also thought of another possible feature. You might give the option to list what vehicles are removed when they aren't found on the vehicle table. Could be a time saver for adding unbanned vehicles.

Thanks for the compliment. Also i will add that list, and also add an option to add the removed vehicles to the database to save some time.

Thanks for the compliment. Also i will add that list, and also add an option to add the removed vehicles to the database to save some time.

I'm not sure automatically adding them is necessary for vehicles, there aren't that many of them, but since you added support for buildings it might save people a bucket-load of time if they drop 50 building models they've never used before.

I'm not sure automatically adding them is necessary for vehicles, there aren't that many of them, but since you added support for buildings it might save people a bucket-load of time if they drop 50 building models they've never used before.

The building importer already checks if the type of building is already in the db, and if it's not, it will add the building in. Never did that for vehicles since there are a lot banned from dayz. But if you use rMod i think it's useful to have a function that imports new vehicle classes. At last, it's your decision if you want to use the tool to add the new vehicle classes, or if you want to do everything by hand;)

The building importer already checks if the type of building is already in the db, and if it's not, it will add the building in. Never did that for vehicles since there are a lot banned from dayz. But if you use rMod i think it's useful to have a function that imports new vehicle classes. At last, it's your decision if you want to use the tool to add the new vehicle classes, or if you want to do everything by hand;)

Oh, I hadn't tried the building function. I didn't know you already had it built in.

Good point, I forget rMod exists sometimes.

wow this is awesome! I'm planning on forking this for origins.

edit: and then I saw you didn't release the source code... why put this on github if you aren't going to release the source?

Gweincalar you might want to fix the typo in the thread title, you accidentally put "cusom" instead of "custom". It might prevent the topic from appearing for people in future searches.

Gweincalar you might want to fix the typo in the thread title, you accidentally put "cusom" instead of "custom". It might prevent the topic from appearing for people in future searches.

I would if i could :p. I think i will have to ask a mod to do this.

I would if i could :p. I think i will have to ask a mod to do this.

We can't edit our own thread titles? o_O That's lame. I did think it strange you wouldn't have noticed, but I know a lot of people who frequent these forums use English as a second language.

I tried the newest version of your gadget. Worked flawless adding in missing vehicles on Namalsk. Other than porting it to work with other database structures, I can't think of anything else it might benefit from.

Gweincalar, you never answered my question. This is OPENdayz after all, so when are you planning on releasing the source code for this program?

Gweincalar, you never answered my question. This is OPENdayz after all, so when are you planning on releasing the source code for this program?

I don't want to offend you in any way but to be honest. Just because this is site is named opendayz, doesn't mean i have to release my sourcecode of my tool. I'm going to port it over to origins within the next 2 days since i've set up a test server to see how the DB of origins looks like.

Also i'm going to move the project from GitHub over to my Dropbox since i won't release any source code of my tool in it's current state. If you're thinking about writing a tool like this for yourself, i'm still willing to help you if you want. I just don't want to release the source atm.

It is ones choice to release their code or not, and the site was named "opendayz.net" because the idea was to "open" up dayz, then mod the hell out of the mod.

Back