Transfer of server files to another computer.

AtomikMulch

Good day everyone,

I need help/guidance in transferring my DayZ and Epoch servers from an old machine to a new one. We run these on the LAN and have a blast. My son and I love playing and get all his buddies to come over and play coop. Unfortunately, the computer (HP laptop running Vista... yea, I know, yuck) upon which I have the servers installed is about to die, it is after all about 8 or 9 yrs old. I have just refurbished a newer computer (running Win 7 SP1) to transfer both servers to it. I will be switching from a dedicated server (run server only) to one that I will be playing on as well. I believe (or hope atleast) that I have properly prepared the newer system to receive the server package. I have copied over the files, used MYSQL to prepare the database, copied over the saved databases, installed all those bloody Visual C++ Redist files from 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015, etc. But now, none of the servers are working on the newer system. I launch the server, I can detect it with my ARMA2:OA game but I keep getting errors like "server running incorrect version on serverside", or some deleted addon content, or it just keep switching from the wiating for server to authenticate screen to the ARMA2:OA/DayZ mod lobby screen. Just wondering if anyone here would be willing to walk me through the process of either building a new server or simply try to get my two original ones working.

Harry Nippells or Frank or Shooting Blanks and FallingSheep are the ones who have helped me immensely in getting these servers going, but unfortunately I can no longer get a hold of them. WHERE ARE YOU GUYS???

My first server is a basic vanilla DayZ1.8.3 server and the second one is a DayZ Epoch server (DayZ 1.8.3 modded by Pwnoz0r/Epoch 1.0.5.1 modded by Falling Sheep) running the Chernarus map.

What I would like to do is run various other servers with other maps like Taviana, Lingor, etc, using Overpoch as well, just a combination of various possibilities. But everytime I try to build it up, I only get so far with the errors and I give up. I have been trying to get Taviana going for months now but no success. I don't have significant amount of time to work on this, that may be one of the issues here.

I really hope that there are some remnant DayZ/Epoch/Overpoch lovers out there that still check out this website. Anyone willing to help?

Thanks

AM

Hey Zeehond23,

The more I look at this, the more I am really wondering about changing the DayZ from 1.8.3 to something different. It is quite problematic. So what other version would you recommend?
I tried installing the 1.8.2 but the install files are strange not similar to the other versions in that there didn't seem to be any separate client and server files. Also, there are these instance files which I am not sure how to deal with them. I had ShootingBlanks set it up and there was a different structure to the Config files and the MPMIssions files too.
Got time to help?? :)

Hey clifdayz!!! Glad you can help.
I will try that route.
A few questions for you....

1) Can you add the EpochMod link on how to get an Epoch server going?
2) Where can I get the DayZ 1.8.8 files from? I think I will get myself a 1.8.8 server going too.
3) What is the discord?

HEY mus be ya lucky day :p
send me your mission PBO and server PBO and ill spin em up and see whats what!

Also is this my 0.15 pack or a custom one i made for you?

have you tried the 0.16 overpoch repack?

either way PM the files ill take a look!

PS: i do still haunt the forums occasionally :)

FALLINGSHEEP!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!! Great to hear from you.

Ok, check your PM, I will have stuff for you there.

So I tried a vanilla DayZ, no go. I tried the Epoch with your 0.15 repack... no go. I tried the Epoch 1.5.1 with your 0.15 repack and the Taviana map.... no go. I tried a fresh Epoch 1.5.1 and no go.

I have not tried the 0.16 overpoch repack.

The more I look at the RPT files, the more convinced I am that somehow, the MySQL databases can not be read.

Last edited:
I just setup an Epoch 1.6 on a server maybe 2 weeks ago, no problems. I havent played on it but according to the literature, epoch 1.6 now has Dayz 1.8 code base so you have access to all the Dayz stuff like traps and blood types etc .. if you want to use that stuff.
The new epoch has a few of the common base bulding stuff already integrated into the mod so there is less to install to have a functional server.

Where the hell have I been you ask?
Working. And when I wasn't working, I was working. And when I wasnt doing either of those 2 things I was catching a nap so I could go to work. Work sucks.
and for some reason i have about zero desire to play any games at all and went about 4 months without even turning on my computer. .... Just getting back into this a little bit. Installed an Epoch 1.6 server which is running ( I havnt played on ithough) and I have an Arma3 Exile server with zombies running (havnt played on that one either) ...but hopefully I will get the will to fool with this stupid shit again.

FALLINGSHEEP!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!! Great to hear from you.

Ok, check your PM, I will have stuff for you there.

So I tried a vanilla DayZ, no go. I tried the Epoch with your 0.15 repack... no go. I tried the Epoch 1.5.1 with your 0.15 repack and the Taviana map.... no go. I tried a fresh Epoch 1.5.1 and no go.

I have not tried the 0.16 overpoch repack.

The more I look at the RPT files, the more convinced I am that somehow, the MySQL databases can not be read.
i PMed you the fix for 0.15 its a lingering issue i never got round to updating (member already defined issue)

im looking into your normal dayz stuff now

Back