[Tutorial] Adding new buildings to existing maps

I use this tutorial to add buildings to my map. It does not add spawn points to buildings, it does to medi tents though, but from what I see above it does at least that.

It helps explain some stuff but it's very hard to see that video and the download link is no longer active. =(

I just downloaded the video with a video downloader, it is actually an HD movie, so either you watch full screen and wait a bit till it loads HD, or download it and view it locally. You can read everything crystal clear that way.

I'm having issues with the buildings I implement not spawning loot. If anyone can help me via Skype or through here I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Adding buildings via the above methods is optics only, no spawning in them. That is an entire different ball game, good luck!

Ok i've used this method successfully (ish) and have a playable map.

My first observation is that none of the buildings being brought into the mission.sqm have their heights at the correct height.

What I mean is, I've placed a few objects in the world, and then added a ladder to the side of them so people can climb up on top of them (if they wish) to do some sniping.

When looking at my handywork in game, on my test server, the ladder is not set up to the correct height adjustment. It seems the height adjustment variable is ignored in favor of just placing every object directly on the ground.

Does anyone have a way around this?? It's most annoying. I'm assuming and hoping that the other method of importing the dayz mission and merging with the mission i've been working on will work... but I haven't tried that yet.

3d map editor, and then slightly altering the code to adjust for height using a few different settings.

There's a "better" program that I found out there that converts the map file into an SQM, which leave a lot less manual editing. It's called 3de_converter, and it basically takes the biedi file and spits out the SQM. You would then bring the SQM values into your mission.sqm file - but not just anywhere....

I'd write a guide if there was enough interest. I'd do a youtube video, but that seems over done and most people just want a step by step procedural guide to help them out.

Finally fixed that issue
Solution for those who still have their wrong .sqm files:
Change all the capital letters in
Class IntemBLAHBLAH so it will look like
class ItemBLAHBLAH

I've already fixed this shit on website, sorry for this issue and a late answer.. Had no idea how to fix this before..
First post updated

http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php
Upload your Mission biedi.
Type in your Bliss_1785 or, what ever your Bliss Number is

You'll get a whole list of what you need to put into your Buildings. and what you need to put into Instance_Buildings

Use the SQL Menu feature :)

Plain and simpel

hi guys, I'm having a problem where when i try to save the file from the editor I'm getting

"script z\addons\dayz_code\init\object_generator.sqf not found"

anyone got any ideas how to fix this? i spent ages just adding building so don't want to shut down my computer and have to do it all again,

thanks

Ok i've used this method successfully (ish) and have a playable map.

My first observation is that none of the buildings being brought into the mission.sqm have their heights at the correct height.

What I mean is, I've placed a few objects in the world, and then added a ladder to the side of them so people can climb up on top of them (if they wish) to do some sniping.

When looking at my handywork in game, on my test server, the ladder is not set up to the correct height adjustment. It seems the height adjustment variable is ignored in favor of just placing every object directly on the ground.

Does anyone have a way around this?? It's most annoying. I'm assuming and hoping that the other method of importing the dayz mission and merging with the mission i've been working on will work... but I haven't tried that yet.

You do know the coords are a different way round in the saved sqf file comapred to database and dayz mission.sqm files, found this out also with objects floating in mid air.

This is easily solved:

add bulding example - createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i" [12432.938, 12520.489, 0.238123]

The first figures are your x coord, the second is height and third is y coords. You just need to juggle them around.

The azimut is the line - setDir -433.04028;

LATEST UPDATE 17.03.13
*ADDED this method now correclty saves your new objects heights
*ADDED now objects should not have weird angles: they will stay streight.
*FIXED captcha issue (not important)
Please, post your feedback, guys!

LATEST UPDATE 17.03.13
*ADDED this method now correclty saves your new objects heights
*ADDED now objects should not have weird angles: they will stay streight.
*FIXED captcha issue (not important)
Please, post your feedback, guys!
Hey ScareD I have an issue with your .beidi convertor that I would like to bring to your attention and would hope you fix quickly lol.... the convertor will not accept negative azimut coordinates.. Anyway you can resolve this issue as this is a great tool for adding custom content, but with it not saving negative azimut coordinates it becomes a hassle to have to go in and add the coordinates by hand. the example is

This is in the mission.beidi
Code:
class _vehicle_57
{
    objectType="vehicle";
    class Arguments
    {
        POSITION="[10488.844, 2214.1992, 0.36154768]";
        TYPE="land_nav_pier_m_1";
        SPECIAL="NONE";
        AZIMUT="-90.832321";
        LOCK="LOCKED";
        PARENT="";
    };
};
This is what comes out.
Code:
class Item31
            {
                position[]={10488.844, 0.36154768, 2214.1992};
                init="this setpos [10488.844,  2214.1992,  0.36154768];private _pos; _pos = getPos _this; _this setVectorUp [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, (_pos select 2) + 10];";
                azimut=0;
                id=31;
                side="EMPTY";
                vehicle="land_nav_pier_m_1";
                skill=0.60000002;
            };
        };

Actually I am not sure anymore what is going on the above seems to happen but a few items are still not getting their azimut set correctly that are not negative. Not to sure what it is now.

Actually I am not sure anymore what is going on the above seems to happen but a few items are still not getting their azimut set correctly that are not negative. Not to sure what it is now.
It happens when you have a parameter between "AZIMUT" and "PARENT" parameters. I'll fix this soon, just can't get an access on the website right now:)
Thanks for your feedback!

It happens when you have a parameter between "AZIMUT" and "PARENT" parameters. I'll fix this soon, just can't get an access on the website right now:)
Thanks for your feedback!
Ah the only reason that LOCK="LOCKED"; is between there is because I was trying to keep the buildings from going into the air or underground when I save in the 3D editor. It is so strange. If you know a way to fix that I would appreciate the info lawl. Let me know when you fix the converter as I love that thing... makes life a little easier! =)

Back