[Tutorial] Adding new buildings to existing maps

ScareD

Hi everyone!

LATEST UPDATE 17.03.13
*ADDED this method now correclty saves your new objects heights
*ADDED now objects should not have weird angles: they will stay streight.
*FIXED captcha issue (not important)

UPDATE 11.03.13
Fixed an issue with "I encountered insted of ';'". Now it works just fine.
Sorry for a very late solution, guys, I had no ideas how to fix this before.
I've been playing the DayZ mod for about a 6 months now, and I did everything I wanted, tried everything I could and few days ago decided that it's time for me to move on.
I started reading arma 2 modding tutorials, discovering (for my own, ofc.) the great arma engine, and found that I could be useful for the community.
I did not found any tools for modifying private hive server maps (like adding new buildings/objects) to the map. I know, there are many serveradmins who found that it could be done using the database, but this way is kinda weird and not accurate.
Well, let's do the buissness finally. I made a simple tool that converts objects from your ARMA 2 hidden 3D editor to simple (and working!) mp mission class.
Check the video below to learn how to make new buildings and even towns.

Big thanks to rocket, John-C5-, Gnome_AS and the whole community of this great game.
Good Luck,
ScareD.

Hi everyone!
I've been playing the DayZ mod for about a 6 months now, and I did everything I wanted, tried everything I could and few days ago decided that it's time for me to move on.
I started reading arma 2 modding tutorials, discovering (for my own, ofc.) the great arma engine, and found that I could be useful for the community.
I did not found any tools for modifying private hive server maps (like adding new buildings/objects) to the map. I know, there are many serveradmins who found that it could be done using the database, but this way is kinda weird and not accurate.
Well, let's do the buissness finally. I made a simple tool that converts objects from your ARMA 2 hidden 3D editor to simple (and working!) mp mission class.
Check the video below to learn how to make new buildings and even towns.

Big thanks to rocket, John-C5-, Gnome_AS and the whole community of this great game.
Good Luck,
ScareD.

ummm... I am in trying to create a map, but I only get the following error when I do the steps.

File mpmissions\dayz_1_spec.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1162: '/Mission/Groups/Item1/Vehicles.Class': 'I' encountered instead of '='

this is the example lines:

Please, I'll be waiting for a response

Attachments

• mission.txt
    86 KB · Views: 67
ummm... I am in trying to create a map, but I only get the following error<><><>
Hello.Upload your .biedi file here, please, so I'll e able to check what's wrong.
I see an error in your .sqm file, but I need to understand why it was occured.

DL and open taviana mission here on forum as it uses same method and compare it to yours and you'll see where you made a mistake ;)

DL and open taviana mission here on forum as it uses same method and compare it to yours and you'll see where you made a mistake ;)
man, i did a mistake in parser, not in a mission file. Mission file generates automatically, and I don't need a correct mission file to compare smth, I already found a mistake in a .txt attached before. But I need a source - .biedi file, to understand where my PARSER makes an error.

Hey!
I've tried to upload your file, and it seems alright. Try this mission.sqm, please:
dayz.codeit.org.ua/mission.sqm

Good luck!

I never got this way to work. What I do is Edit in 3d, convert it to 2d then merge then new edit with the original map.
Unpack map .pbo, open it in 3d editor, save your edits as a new file, convert that save to 2d, merge the maps, add any additonal files and repack.

Hey!
I've tried to upload your file, and it seems alright. Try this mission.sqm, please:
dayz.codeit.org.ua/mission.sqm

Good luck!

NOthing man

File mpmissions\dayz_1_spec.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1162: '/Mission/Groups/Item1/Vehicles.Class': 'I' encountered instead of '='

even

if so it does it, but that is not what we need, a question must be played with or without RMOD?

Because even attempt that's what I say or give me your steps in case I've missed something or not this clear.

delete the --> , <-- simbol (sorry i don't know the name in english :D) in the last items of the arrays addOns and AddonsAuto, or replace like this ones:

addOns[]=
{
"chernarus",
"ca_modules_animals",
"dayz_code",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_vehicles",
"cacharacters_pmc",
"ca_modules_functions"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"dayz_weapons",
"ca_modules_functions",
"chernarus"
};

I pretty much do a similar thing as ScareD. But I use a local executable bedi to SQM file converter to place the .sqm into the new MPmission folder.
Then I load the default dayz_1.chernaus mission (unpacked) in the multiplayer - new server and then merge in my new addition and delete the Survivor. Then I can save this which means the original dayz1.chernaus mission and the new mission with my additions are saved as one.

Then I transfer this new mission.SQM into my ...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions\dayz_1.chernarus folder and create a new PBO.

Hi guys,

I've used above method to add few vehicles to my mission file for testing purposes, but I get this error:

Code:
 7:33:04 Error context tem0
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1167: '/Mission/Vehicles.Class': 'I' encountered instead of '='

Tried to add only the "class Vehicles" part to my mission (between "Groups" and "Marker" Classes), also tried entire "mission.sqm" generated by the website - both methods get the same error.
I don't have "," symbol in the last items of the arrays "addOns" and "AddonsAuto".

This is my test mission file with 3 additional vehicles:
http://pastebin.com/GigwJRTC

BTW I left my mission folder unpacked, I didn't packed into a "pbo" because it runs perfectly to this moment and it's easy to make changes. Is it necessary to create 'pbo'?

Also I run my server with "Wine" under Linux, if that matters.

Thanks

Hi I have a problem with dayZ_mission.pbo, wait for host. I upload the file, why not work?, help please use dayZ.st

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    43.2 KB · Views: 5
Okay, I created new dayz server on my Windows PC and tested the same mission file - firstly unpacked and then packed in "pbo" -> when someone join, the server crashes with the same error and restarts (in both cases):

Code:
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1167: '/Mission/Vehicles.Class': 'I' encountered instead of '='

So the problem is not in the linux or "wine". It's something in the mission file.

I lost 2 days in placing custom stuff on the map and now can't use it :( The mission I've posted above is only an example, but this error occurs everytime when I place anything on the map - any objects/vehicles. Please help me guys to find where is my mistake.

Code:
File mpmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1167: '/Mission/Vehicles.Class': 'I' encountered instead of '='

Also get this error :S

Back