[Tutorial] Custom Loot Tables and Adjusting Spawn Rates

Aaarghhh! I have tried this like 3 times already and everytime I finish and try it I get a "Wait for Host" screen. Can you help me please or do it for me, for a donation?

Thanks
Andy

JUST EDIT YOUR CFGBUILDINGLOOT AND CFG LOOT AND SAVE AND REUPLOAD. WAYY EASIER. THIS METHOD MOVES ALL THOSE FILES TO YOUR MAIN PBO. I DONT THINK ITS NECESSARY. I COULD BE WRONG.

EDIT: I AM WRONG! I GET STUCK AT WAIT FOR HOST AS WELL! ;(

I tried editing the files you mentioned, then packed them back up in the dayz_server.pbo and uploaded them. I then kept getting a "you were kicked from the game" message.

I assumed it wasn't quite as straightforward as changing those files, because all the tutorials I've seen (including this one are much more complicated).

Anyone who is able to help me sort the loot tables out, please let me know. Happy to donate of course. :)

What did you get kicked for? I have that working in my server, no problem. What where you trying to change? Spawnrates?

Ignore my last post, it doesn't say you were kicked.................it just hangs on "waiting for host". As far as I know, I did it spot on, but obviously not. It's just hard to think that I could have got it wrong like 3 times. :-(

I've had to revert back to a working set of pbos for now. Really frustrating as I'm losing players. Had about 25 at max within a few days. Now I'm down to 6.

Well I simply just edit the dayz_code been messing around with it, set all trash loot to .01 and changed loot chance of the buildings to .08 and tons of loot is spawning you should also edit the lines in your variables.sqf like in the first post.

Also, make sure the pbo file your uploading is called dayz_code.pbo

for "_k" from 0 to (_weight - 1)>
19:07:57 Error position: <* 100);
for "_k" from 0 to (_weight - 1)>
19:07:57 Error *: Type String, expected Number
19:07:57 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\Fixes\loot_init.sqf, line 45
19:07:57 Error in expression <ssionconfigFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _type;
for "_i" from 0 to ((count _confi>
19:07:57 Error position: <_type;
for "_i" from 0 to ((count _confi>
19:07:57 Error Undefined variable in expression: _type
19:07:57 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\Fixes\loot_init.sqf, line 5
19:07:57 Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

Im getting that and loot is not spawning , can you please help me sir.

I did all of the steps and for whatever reason when trying to load into my server I get an infinite load screen. The console doesn't have any errors. Please help

Edit: I also have installed Self blood,Auto refuel, and R3F Logistics

Edit: I looked at the dayz_code I was using and noticed the file size was 3.75 mb and the dayz_code in the @dayZ is only 2.5mb. So I just had to redo everything with the right dayz_code and it seems to be working! I just realized I grabbed the Dayz_code from @DayZ Epoch so yeah... Thanks everyone on this site (Especially Seven) for helping me learn ALOT about .sqf ! I have not talked to seven just read all of his posts helping other people XD.

Sorry everyone, I've been very busy this month and haven't had the time to sit down and help everyone with their issues.

Ignore my last post, it doesn't say you were kicked.................it just hangs on "waiting for host". As far as I know, I did it spot on, but obviously not. It's just hard to think that I could have got it wrong like 3 times. :-(

I've had to revert back to a working set of pbos for now. Really frustrating as I'm losing players. Had about 25 at max within a few days. Now I'm down to 6.

If you are getting stuck on "Wait for Host" you have messed up with the install somehow. My recommendation is to start from scratch and follow the guide word for word, do not skip anything if you still manage to get the error upload your mission.pbo and I will look at it.

Im getting that and loot is not spawning , can you please help me sir.

It seems that in your loot_init.sqf that you have somehow messed up the config file calling. If you could post your mission.pbo I would be glad to look at it and see what is wrong with it.

It looks like you have the cfgbuildingloot.hpp called improperly, make sure you are including #include "cfgBuildingLoot.hpp" in your description.ext as well as making sure you go through all of the files I outlined in the fixes folder to be missionConfigFile instead of configfile.

Hello
Just a question about the spawning, I have edited my loot on my server and i'm getting some ok loot but the medical loot is spawning really crap and I've edited this many times.?

Vendetta can I link you my server and mission files, I followed the guide but it doesn't seem to work, I'm using overwatch 0.2.2 as well!

Vendetta can I link you my server and mission files, I followed the guide but it doesn't seem to work, I'm using overwatch 0.2.2 as well!

Hey, soilid saw your poke in teamspeak. Sorry I have not gotten this to work yet. I keep getting wait for host.

You know what's funny is I get everything to work except the loot showing up. Only tiny bit of loot spawns in secluded areas. I think I missed something so simple yet can't find it.

You know what's funny is I get everything to work except the loot showing up. Only tiny bit of loot spawns in secluded areas. I think I missed something so simple yet can't find it.
I am getting this now also. Not getting any errors on joining, except there isn't much there.

Also, Vendetta thanks i had misplaced some "s, leading to it being called improperly.

Hello
I've installed this custom loot, and most of the buildings spawn is working to what i set but i am having trouble with the hospital loot not spawning correctly to what I've set. :(

Any solutions?

Excuse me, I seem to be having an issue with this. I'm trying to follow this guide to alter loot spawns for DayZ Epoch - and I've run into a problem. You state that we need to copy cfgbuildingloot and cfgbuildingpos along with cfgloot - the problem I'm having is that cfgbuildingloot and cfgbuildingpos files don't exist with Day Z Epoch's dayz_code - They seem to instead be combined into a file called config.cpp

I used my limited coding knowledge to try and scrap it together, but I can't seem to get it working as a result of this difference - and I can't find ANY guides at all directed towards epoch loot spawn rates.

Are you possibly able to help me with this issue?

One of two things happens - if I get the cfgbuildingloot and cfgbuildingpos from another source (Maybe the original dayz code) and try it with those files, I can connect to the server but absolutely no loot spawns at all.

If I try to use the config.cpp I get stuck at wait for host.

This is more based off the 1.7.7.1 dayz files not any other mod, but they all revolve around a similar principle for loot spawns.

If you are having issues then you messed up somewhere within the editing part.

I will be doing a youtube video on how to do everything later today or tomorrow.

This is more based off the 1.7.7.1 dayz files not any other mod, but they all revolve around a similar principle for loot spawns.

If you are having issues then you messed up somewhere within the editing part.

I will be doing a youtube video on how to do everything later today or tomorrow.

You are somewhat correct in that they all follow the same basic principal, but following your tutorial 100% does not work on Epoch, as the files cfgbuildingpos and cfgbuildingloot do not exist - they are combined into the file config.cpp

The only way I was finally able to get it to work was to copy and paste the sections of config.cpp dealing with cfgbuildingloot and cfgbuildingpos into two seperate text files and name those properly, and then use those instead.

Back