TWILIGHT ZONE SERVER

HEROTHOR

Players are reporting, that they join my server and everything is a clone, they click on my server IP and it take them to a clone of my server, with the same IP, but with a different player list. Like 1 guy was playing in it when one of my admins got taken there. Its like a twilight zone episode. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

I assume you purchase hosting for your server.

This can happen if a rogue arma server is running, when arma2oaserver starts and if the ports are not free, it will search for the next best port to run on.

Check to see if the port that the game sever is running on is the correct port, also does your server list twice in the server list?

No only see it once, 1 player joined the twilight server and one of my admins were in it, and told him to log out and log back in and he made it to the primary server. Anyway, I'm just moving to a new hosing company, just got a dedicated server. So I'm sure I shouldn't have this problem anymore. It sucks, but I was just tired of constant problems with HFB. Servers run good, I like them for awhile, then it just went downhill.

It led me to believe it was on their end even though they said everything was fine.

Thanks for your reply! ;)

I literally just installed a fresh chernarus mission on that server and it sends me to debug lolz. Somethings definitely messed up.

Sounds like a good plan to get away from em ;)

I have not touched hosting companies in years, mainly because i do not know what they are doing with their hardware, how much they are putting onto a single box, stuff like that.

Glad to hear yet another server owner is switching to co-located/hired hardware.

Hell yeah, Just got everything installed. Running great everyone is reporting great FPS. Yeah, this is def the way to go, and you can run multiple servers on it ;) AMAZING lol

Glad I'm not the only one. Just go to the website, and do it! You wont regret it! I've been running really great FPS all day! All my players are too. No red/yellow chain once in awhile but it just goes right back to running normal 20-30 seconds later! Stop thinkin about it and just do it! ;)

Back