Updating to latest DZAI

Carp!

Hey all!

I was looking at the install instructions for DZAI and I couldn't find the one question I have.

When updating to a newer version of DZAI, do I have to copy the entire DZAI folder, overwriting everything, and then go back and make the modifications or are there individual files to move over. Thanks!

EDIT: Main reason for asking is because when I updated to the new version, i load into debug then get an automatic boot from server after 30 seconds.

Before you upgrade, back up the settings you changed in dzai_config.sqf into the dzai_settings_override.sqf file. Also back up your custom spawn and marker config files. Always check the change log to see if there are any settings that can't be reused.

Then you can copy and replace with the new files,and reinsert the files you backed up earlier.

For your connection problem, check the contents of the authentication fix folder in the download package.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ahh cool thanks!

Yeah I copied those files to the server and repacked it and I still get the same thing. Still chuggin along verifying everything.

Been using PBO manager since... well i cant remember.

I attempted to use cpbo today since I saw that on the forum as an alternate and same thing.

I haven't tried this myself, but what I hear from other people using PBO manger is to never unpack and repack the entire pbo file, but only copy and paste the needed files in or out of the PBO Manager GUI. Before you do this you should start from a fresh and verified working server pbo.

Yeha i took a fresh server.pvo and using cpbo, same thing. Its not authenticating me at all. I get in to the server and i see my MOTD but looking at Dart, it doesnt even populate my guid :(

If cpbo doesn't work, have you tried what I said with PBO Manager?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeha, I just tried that which is cool because i didnt know you could do that heh.

My guid shows up in dart and I get a ping, but still keeps me in debug. Very wierd, I havn't had these issues with previous versions of dzai.

Very strange indeed. I'd like you to try something else with PBO Manager, click the blue gear icon in the GUI to open the PBO Properties window. What you should see under the heading Property is "prefix" and under heading "Value" is "z\addons\dayz_server".

If you don't see "prefix" and "z\addons\dayz_server" under those two headings, do right-click - Add, then fill in those boxes with the values yourself (don't include the quote marks). Then try loading your server again.

Prefix is z\addons\dayz_server

EDIT: Dont know if this matters but I am running epoch 1.0.2.5

Last 2 dzai updates went off fine, but this one is wierd for some reason. Wondering if there are other authentication fixes i need ot have?

Got it working, started with a fresh new server.pbo, instead of a live working one. Came up just fine. I prolly missed a comma somewhere :p

Hello!
I am running epoch 1.0.2.4
remember I had a problem with invisible bots?) that you choose.
question:
1.8.1 make it possible to file for the mission? otherwise, unfortunately, in my version of the server is not working ...
Thank you.

The new mission file version is included with the main DZAI download packages as a patch. Check the folder named missionfile_ver_patch, there is an instruction file inside.

Make sure this is what you're doing:

1. Take the DZAI folder from missionfile_ver_patch and copy it over the main DZAI folder in the download package.
2. Overwrite all files when asked.
3. Copy the combined DZAI folder into your unpacked mission pbo file.
4. Insert the needed line into your mission init.sqf (remember this was different before 1.8.0):

Code:
if (isServer) then {call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DZAI\dzai_initserver_mf_ver.sqf";};

5. Repack your mission pbo.

I recommend you test with default settings after reinstalling DZAI, then modify settings after you have everything working.

Back