Vehicle UID Lock

ricconater

Is it possible to take out the need of Keys in dayz epoch? and make it so it uses player UID or GUID as keys instead. Some one posted this "You're better as a moderator to turn off the keys all together and rebind the vehicles to the player guid by commenting out the key process in the self fnc sqf"

Are there any more detailed explanation I can get, or just simple steps? In the fn self action, I've tried removing _haskey from the allow owner to unlock. and also removed
Code:
_temp_keys = [];
    // find available keys
    _key_colors = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"];
    {
        if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in _key_colors) then {
            _ownerKeyId = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid");
            _temp_keys set [count _temp_keys,str(_ownerKeyId)];
        };
    } forEach _itemsPlayer;

whole, but it still doesn't work, what it does is simply making high chance of vehicle not spawning upon purchase.

i been wondering about this too, for other mods aswell ... i was going take ao look at the island life mod and check out how they do it there, since that seems to be a good model aswell, but i think there will still be a key involved tho.

if i got around to it i was thinking of trying to change that to be used on overwatch and so that if a vehicle was left for 2-3 days without getting updatet, it would auto unlock

In the database it adds a characterID to the vehicle which translates to a key color.

I think you would need to modify it to place the players ID there instead, remove it from giving them a key (as it would error) and then simply have fn_selfActions check if their ID matches the characterID in the database (in the _hasKey area)

You would want to look at server_publishVehicle2.sqf in your server.pbo

Back