Where should i purchase my next server from?

Scibz

So about a month ago i rented my first server for dayz from Dayz.st. As far as their service goes it is pretty easy to setup with their user CP and they always e-mailed me back about questions within a few hours.

Problems i had with dayz.st server
The "vehicle spawn" map seems faulty no matter what values i changed or how many times i re entered all my vehcile info in the database i could never get all my vehicles to spawn in game correctly. even with 100% chance to spawn and everything repaired and fueled.

DDos attacks. Always always always...this is the big reason i dont wish to continue with them i have been working hard to build a community on my server and now its all gone to waste. my server is down every week for 2-3 days due to DDos attacks. Not worth my money or time.

Other then these 2 things the server ran smooth and stable FPS easy to configure and easy to keep up to date. If you live on the west coast LA has DDos protection i would def suggest trying out dayz.st but for us east coasters there is none.

I have also tried HFB servers for a few days but it seemed very difficult to attain any files i needed to edit the server mission and server pbo near impossible to find! I also submitted 3 tickets and never got a word back. Just my experience an advanced or experienced server admin would prob have no problem!

What i am looking for in my next server:

Easy, user/noob friendly CP
Access to my database and ALL files
NY,DC,NJ server location
50 slots

I am open to all suggestions thanks to anyone who can help me out!

You could wait until dayz.st has ddos protection in chicago which they are working on getting up in a week or two. Other than that you wont find much DDoS protected servers for cheap other than there. But best of luck

I use vilayer... never experienced a ddos attack or had my server down for more than a couple of minutes. The control panel they give you is pretty nice and easy. They unpack your mission and server pbos for you in a specific folder (vilayercodecustom) so that you dont need a pbo editor just notepad++. No unpacking/repacking. They also have several mods which can be installed by one click installations. For example sarge AI install/uninstall...click install and youre done. They also host thesilentwarrior admin tool which is an awesome admin tool for vehicle spawns/ monitoring players etc. If youre curious youtube search vilayer and they have some tutorials which give you a nice preview of their control panel. Day.st in game tool is almost a rip off of thesilentwarrior...or the other way around not sure. But for me tsw is a godsend for custom vehicle spawns and banning scripters.. check it out

I started using HFB in the beginning of July. So far so good. Yes, it takes support forever to reply, but when they reply they reply carefully explaining every step. But hey, it's so easy to operate the dayz server, so you shouldn't have any problems with it. Just don't do anything dumb and thats it. Also what I love about HFB is their server machines. They're fucking crazy. No downtime, no ddos. Everything goes smooth. Admin CP and Hive CP are awesome.

Also, if you'll need any customer support, you can also ask questions here:
http://hfbforums.us/

Have fun.

I started using HFB in the beginning of July......................................... But hey, it's so easy to operate the dayz server, so you shouldn't have any problems with it. Just don't do anything dumb and thats it. Also what I love about HFB is their server machines. They're fucking crazy. No downtime, no ddos. http://hfbforums.us/

Have fun.

HI @ all, all that what berdyev write about HFB.....are NOT my opinion about that server hoster.

I take the service for a German Host and he give me a French one with a higher ping......
Service: Oh sorry we are out of stock but if we have new places we will port your server!!!!
2 month later......nothing happens. But on the homepage he continue to offer the hosting space in germany.
So i have tried to sell another one only for check if the order system is false.....and it was so.
Service: Oh sorry we will check the error

Lier, he dont change nothing (i have retried it 2 weeks later)
Deceiver, provide service that not is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then after 1 month he changed our server(we changed ip) not because we like a hosting in germany, but only for maintenace" he mean".
After that IP Server transfer......nothing works right.
Higher ping - legs and a lot of losing connection.
We lose a lot of gamer on our server for all that bugs..... and we have wait for a lot of error tickets "with HIGH PRIORITIY" more then 10 days!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No ddos attack???
False - LOOOOOL

On the homepage of hfbservers.com you could see that he will be attacked too..(Lates Tweets)...
HFB Servers @HFBServers 18.09.2013
Our DB server was just hit with a 22gbps DDoS attack, Thankfully the DC was able to mitigate the attack in ~10 mins.
HFB Servers @HFBServers 06.09.2013
Looks like the DDOS attacks have resumed Once again, we are actively working to resolve them. So far downtime has been ~6mins

and much more......

Sorry but for me HFB is a noob in hosting gameserver for EUROPE.
HFB its only great if all works without problems, and u dont need realy support help!!!

If u like
  • someone that will provide you one admin tool inside the game
  • someone that will help you in installation mods "by paing for the time he use for config it" (good prices)
  • someone who install all for u if you have problems
  • someone who works direkt after purchase (30 minutes after pay u could start to play - not to configure)
then ask : http://survivalservers.com for more information.

We use it and i should say : great work.......

visit our server and u will see:
DE 187 - Isolation Dayz 1.8 - > IP: 78.46.82.110:3802

HI @ all, all that what berdyev write about HFB.....are NOT my opinion about that server hoster.

I take the service for a German Host and he give me a French one with a higher ping......
Service: Oh sorry we are out of stock but if we have new places we will port your server!!!!
2 month later......nothing happens. But on the homepage he continue to offer the hosting space in germany.
So i have tried to sell another one only for check if the order system is false.....and it was so.
Service: Oh sorry we will check the error

Lier, he dont change nothing (i have retried it 2 weeks later)
Deceiver, provide service that not is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then after 1 month he changed our server(we changed ip) not because we like a hosting in germany, but only for maintenace" he mean".
After that IP Server transfer......nothing works right.
Higher ping - legs and a lot of losing connection.
We lose a lot of gamer on our server for all that bugs..... and we have wait for a lot of error tickets "with HIGH PRIORITIY" more then 10 days!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No ddos attack???
False - LOOOOOL

On the homepage of hfbservers.com you could see that he will be attacked too..(Lates Tweets)...
HFB Servers @HFBServers 18.09.2013
Our DB server was just hit with a 22gbps DDoS attack, Thankfully the DC was able to mitigate the attack in ~10 mins.
HFB Servers @HFBServers 06.09.2013
Looks like the DDOS attacks have resumed Once again, we are actively working to resolve them. So far downtime has been ~6mins

and much more......

Sorry but for me HFB is a noob in hosting gameserver for EUROPE.
HFB its only great if all works without problems, and u dont need realy support help!!!

Why do you use 'HE' in your sentences?

I am using HFB servers 2 weeks , server got really high pefomance, high fps and when i see some ppl complain about their slow or bad support i just got a feeling to laugh at hes face. They respond on my every ticket super fast (and i made a lot of tickets becouse its my first dayz server) and resolve all my problems . This is msg to everyone who want to rent ur own dayz server - go hfb and u wont be dissapointed ! :D thats for sure :D cya

ps1 gamejoejoe i got french server too
ps2 they didnt pay me for that post hehe

I am using HFB servers 2 weeks , server got really high pefomance, high fps and when i see some ppl complain about their slow or bad support i just got a feeling to laugh at hes face. They respond on my every ticket super fast (and i made a lot of tickets becouse its my first dayz server) and resolve all my problems . This is msg to everyone who want to rent ur own dayz server - go hfb and u wont be dissapointed ! :D thats for sure :D cya

ps1 gamejoejoe i got french server too
ps2 they didnt pay me for that post hehe

Ive heard both good and bad things about HFB. Also, although the server can impact FPS, FPS is largely determined by the client side hardware.

I'm wondering the same thing as op. I'm looking for a good server host which runs well, good customer service and gives full FTP to files and database.

I've looked at HFB and I see bad reviews

I've looked at Vilayer and I see some more bad reviews. although I do like the look of the access they give you and the price range

I don't wanna go with Dayz.st I've seen tweet after tweet of them being ddoed, people saying they are not powerful enough etc etc and I think I'm passed the stage of using an easy control panel for though's that aren't so familiar with how to use the files.

I would just like abit more reassurance on Vilayer or HFB by the clients being hosted by them. I'm currently with DayzPriv and as much as I love the customer server, these new things they have done have completely put me off.

Back