Which DayZ Taviana For Bliss - I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own a domain from them, I purchased through Godaddy. If you have issues with Vilayer, I assure you - your beef is with them, not I.

Additionally, I'm not causing any shit at all, I promise. You can look at any post, reddit, email, or chat log you can find. I've got nothing but a positive desire to refine the experience of DayZ Mod and Taviana map together.
You can see clear indicators of my enthusiasm through the four public Taviana servers I ran prior to the server files being released, to my refusal to do anything with Taviana without sign off from everyone from Martin himself to Josh, and fellow early Taviana server providers.

I think there is a high chance you may be judging me or the project based off of rumor or speculation, I encourage you to lay aside any preconceptions. :)
Thank you for clearing things up.
I've got nothing but a positive desire to refine the experience of DayZ Mod and Taviana map together.
By doing so, the original work of Taviana is lost in the mist. Why not do something like a collaboration instead of making hard-work at a loss?
NOTE: I do have my beef with Vilayer and a lot of it.
NOTE2: I see that you did register your domain with GoDaddy, but your hosting is with Vilayer hence that your name servers are pointing there:
Code:
NS1.VILAYER.COM
NS2.VILAYER.COM

We began work on the project prior to the announcement of the public release, after Mr Sherenai had tapped out and I had gone to as many individuals as I could think of for feedback, opinions, and in some cases sign off.

When it had become clear that Alejandro had decided to go with a controlled release, I still felt there was room for more than one group working on the map, as well as one that followed the development and release principles I was passionate about.

I'm confident that forward moving development on both projects will push either team to the best possible Taviana experience within DayZ.

We began work on the project prior to the announcement of the public release, after Mr Sherenai had tapped out and I had gone to as many individuals as I could think of for feedback, opinions, and in some cases sign off.

When it had become clear that Alejandro had decided to go with a controlled release, I still felt there was room for more than one group working on the map, as well as one that followed the development and release principles I was passionate about.

I'm confident that forward moving development on both projects will push either team to the best possible Taviana experience within DayZ.
What's the point of getting all these clients confused having 2 different versions released? Since you have Ayan and .Josh on your side, your version is obvisouly going to stomp on the original dev teams.

Like I said before:
By doing so, the original work of Taviana is lost in the mist. Why not do something like a collaboration instead of making hard-work at a loss?

It looks like we're typing at the same time.

My name servers do indeed point to Vilayer's web hosting side, I initially went with a much larger company and had a pain of a time dealing with them when issues arose. I opt'd to go with a smaller web host that I could Skype at the drop of a hat, rather than spend my time on hold for a call center.
Needless to say, the big provider had me pulling my hair out in the middle of the work day.

I don't see how any work was lost in the mist, aside from Sherenai departing - both teams are still hard at work on their projects.

Edit: Unless, by that you mean our desire to go in a different direction design wise.
If that is the case, it was important that we start clean room - with the base DayZ functionality, as well as a few changes that we envisioned out the gate to ensure that we did not take any of Alejandro's teams work.

You say too much about community and GOOD things what you doing. But nobody make same what you start to make - break community.
1. You see our 2 releases and you know who is dev-ream (clear example in all txt)
2. You not come to ask about help or development together
3. You start make same mod like self-fish, you say about server files I can download same server files what you have from official GitHub of Dayz 100% coincidence. And dayztaviana.com is only to steal pupular mod from original dev-team.

It looks like we're typing at the same time.

My name servers do indeed point to Vilayer's web hosting side, I initially went with a much larger company and had a pain of a time dealing with them when issues arose. I opt'd to go with a smaller web host that I could Skype at the drop of a hat, rather than spend my time on hold for a call center.
Needless to say, the big provider had me pulling my hair out in the middle of the work day.

I don't see how any work was lost in the mist, aside from Sherenai departing - both teams are still hard at work on their projects.

Edit: Unless, by that you mean our desire to go in a different direction design wise.
If that is the case, it was important that we start clean room - with the base DayZ functionality, as well as a few changes that we envisioned out the gate to ensure that we did not take any of Alejandro's teams work.

I believe Pwnzor talks about the "takeover" of Bliss and DayZCommander (maybe not so much) and how you, with theyre support, will end up killing the origional Taviana teams work, thus fighting each other insted of working toghether to create Taviana 2.0 :)

My apologies if I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up. Its 4 AM here and I have yet to be to bed. ;)

I assure you, there is no "sides" or politics. My interactions with Ayan, and Josh, or anyone else are purely directed at feature requests, bugs, and general polish for our project. I have no desire for anyone to pull support for Alejandro's team, or their project.

As far as two clients, I think Josh handled labeling them well - and I respect his decision to do so, not offering anyone preferred support either way.

I still firmly believe there is room for more than one project working on Taviana, and I feel that the weeks to come will only see further polish and refinement on both projects.

I'm a good guy Pwnoz0r, with a lot of love for the DayZ Community. If you get to me, you'll see this. ;)

Byrgesen: As far as working together goes, I have from day one been extending my hand to Alejandro - and I will continue to.
We have talked several times on Skype, and I am available to him *whenever* he needs.

I hold no ill will. I did, after all - run a large amount of public DayZLand Taviana servers prior to working on DayZTaviana.com as a project.

Edit: Its almost five am and I need to be up in a few hours - My Skype is PRCNet if any of you would like to reach out to me, if not - I will fire up the forums in a few hours when I get up.
Thank you both for discussing calmly with me. <3

Sorry, but Vilayer have a lot more to do with this than you let on. This is EXACTLY what happened with Panthera, yet this time they have tried to hind behind a new URL

At the end of the day, you was aware of DayZlands version, yet you made NO effort at all to try and consolidate the 2 versions. You show a lack of respect and a massive lack in ability, as it is obvious your version is rushed and buggy as hell.

I have sharpened pitch forks before and this time it seemed to not be needed.
Resolved - Post is no longer up for discussion.

Before I go - Audio, I responded to your issue list on tunngle - Thanks again!

I'm uncertain how you can be so confident that I have not reached out to anyone in regards to this. I assure you, that is not the case.
I apologize if I have upset you, you can Skype me if you like and we can discuss this.
Aside from that, I really *am* headed to bed for a few hours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back