While we're talking new schema...

Saiboogu

Could I make a feature request? Store the BE GUID in the profile (or equivalent) table. When I'm researching hack accusations after the fact I can usually find ready proof with my existing DB tools, but then I'm left scouring old server console logs to try and find this player's GUID, if they aren't in my DaRT database. Having GUID in the database would be a huge time saver.

It is impossible for SQF - But you an do it in another way.
I have a script which runs periodicaly and 'learns' about playerIDs and their GUIDs. I think thats the best what is achiveable. But maybe this would be intressting to integrate in the hive(s) (=> its a perl script so it may already fit :D).

What I can do with this table is:
- to kick ppl from my Admin tool, without known a guid
- search for players long after they are gone and even if there are no logs anymore
- kick players for having illegal wepaons (if you dont have a SQF solution)

Thanks DeadEye - I was thinking of something similar myself. Just fire off a PHP script via cron every few minutes to collect GUIDs and store them.

PM me if you want to try my current script I'll send it to you.
As for the hive I will clean up my script and suggest it to thevisad for Reality. Maybe he likes it and it gets integrated as a generic whitelister/illegal weapons check/guid learner :)

Thanks DeadEye - I was thinking of something similar myself. Just fire off a PHP script via cron every few minutes to collect GUIDs and store them.

Yeah, only problem about that is the "Rcon Admin logged in #0" spam

I can handle a little log spam considering how much less often I'd even need to look at the logs with that sort of script running.

I can handle a little log spam considering how much less often I'd even need to look at the logs with that sort of script running.
Log spam is fine, your players may disagree with the chat spam it creates though :p

I'm not, yet, but the plan is to connect to rcon. Rcon logins only show on my server console and log, not in game.

Back