WIP: Dayz Celle V1.5 [Conflicts 0.1] Updated 13/01/2013

Graz

This has been relatively quite, but about 2 weeks ago shinkicker allowed me to develop Dayz Celle.
I've been working very hard making a ton of changes to Celle, hoping to highlight what really makes Celle a special map.

My mission:
While the changes look massive, I will not alter the dayz mechanics, and base codes. This is still dayz!

The number of addons that needed to be pushed through meant another addon file has been created and due to the number of conflicts that needed to be solved in order to get this running effiecently, I've called it @DayzConflicts. All the mods in there can theoretically be used in other map ports. So long as you ask permissions from the creators and mention Dayz Celle, I hope they do become used in other map ports.

Instead of creating 2 threads and risking potential redundancy and outdated information.
View the new Celle changes on: http://www.ausarma.org/topic/2409-wip-dayz-celle-v15-conflicts-01-updated-16012013/#entry37653

As I'm racing to put in as much as possible before V1.5 Dayzmod hits the patch notes are subject to change.

The change list has been updated for the 16/01/2013.

The boneyard is nearly done, if any mission makers or map porters are interested in it let me know after testing and I'll fork the script over.

Celle is the map I been primarily working on improving... And it seems like you are basically fulfilling my desires.

A few harmless suggestions:

I've currently added tons of little garages, enter-able houses to all the small towns, dramatically reduced locations you can get fuel at.. And created only a few spots on the map that you can get medical supplies and had the same general idea with artificial night lights while banning those pesky OP sniper rifles.... You're in my brain.

Is it possible to make water and food harder to come by in general - The map has vast forests - IMO food consumption should come from finding animals primarily....

if you reduced cans of pop, people would be trekking around with water bottles (Perhaps remove almost all the wells and water fountains and have primary water sources be the river and the tiny pond up north). This way the pond, the riverside and only a couple wells exist... Making resource conservation more important.

This way between looking for food in the forests, only having a few water sources and med supply locations you can drive the game towards scavenging a bit more and a bit less towards stockpiling for WW3. This can create more mobile fights where survivors will bump into each other in small towns or along the roads and highways.

And I know people are going to say "Go play DayZ+"... But I'm sorry Chernarus has nothing on Celle IMO.

Regardless, keep up the good work.

I couldn't agree more. The first destruction I did was the military barracks hel and South Airfield. There's only 3 locations you can get medical supplies. The enterable houses is a lot of work and I'm worried about object flooding.
Winsen and Celle revamps were 500 and 600 objects roughly.

My intention was to recrate Chernarus' metagame success, where players would head north.

I haven't done any work on the little villages, the towns I've revamped so far is Celle (including the 4 towns north of it) Winsen, Hambuhren, Ovelgonne, Bergen, north and south airfields. I've added 30 or so buildings around the map to incorporate the MGB Killhouses, but apart from that it's pretty much as is.

I would be very interested in putting in any changes you've map to the little towns, feel free to send me mission files.

The soft drink change sounds really interesting, I was hoping to push a nerf through dayzmod where soft drink only reduces your need to drink by an hour but I never managed to get round to it.

What do you think a more appropriate rate for soda is?

Also if any of your mission files get used I will make sure your properly credited :)

My Celle wishlist of sorts:

- Snowstorms / ground fog... I really enjoy these effects. Currently using the one audio rejectz posted... I'd prefer if the snow was... a gentle one rather than a storm (or at least dynamic)

- Alter the loot table to involve more lower end guns (You're doing this one). I like the idea of more lower end weapons in the game. I want to fight to survive.

- Remove morphine from spawning outside of the 3 locations with med tents. Overall reduce the amount of ALL meds, make it far more scarce... Boxes with little to nothing in them.

- Significantly increase the drop rate/locations of supplies that would allow you to HUNT. And dramatically reduce cans of food. Also create a decay for meats if that is even possible (reaching on this for now)

- Remove the vast majority of wells on the map and force use of water bottles rather than cans of pop/coke. Make it so you can actually use the little pond up north as a watering hole. The entire riverside should be usable as well.

- I'd like to see more travel involved when trying to acquire military loot. A few things each town could REALLY BADLY use is some small garages for industrial and perhaps a firestation.... (Not to mention a massive increase in residential enterable buildings).

- Make heli crashes more common but have very very loot spawn (But any loot that does spawn isn't trash cans plz) Again this creates a mobile type of gameplay... No more farming a few heli crashes on restart w/ your own heli.... It'll be far more challenging to land/loot/search a higher number of crashes especially if the chance of getting something good is decreased

- On my server I've added a ton to dorfmark - Making it a massive fortified town of sorts (some kind of last bastion of hope in the region)

- Make use of the massive wasteland on the map... I personally put in a small airbase with a couple hangars, towers, mili tents... But again that was just quick work to do something with the region.... Hell can totally create farm of sorts too.

- Overall the goal was to drive players AWAY from celle => W => N. Make the highway a more interesting place for interactions to occur.

- Infuse zombies into all the forests around spawn zones. Helps deal with Bambi killers.

- Remove the spawn locations EAST of wienhausen... Those are so aggravating, especially with the current lack of enter-able buildings in that small town north of that area.

- Move more spawns to a less concentrated area but still in the South Eastern quadrant. (Again my goal was to start in the SE and move to the NW) Like Gross Hehlen/Vorwerk/Hambuhren/Ovelgonne should def be included. Again - Between a large spawn zone but still in the same general area - Snipers can't camp t hem as easily.. especially if you artificially infuse the forests with zombies in those areas.

- Alter vehicle spawns so that the SE quadrant has more transport oriented type vehicles and less utility type vehicles. Tractors/Buses/Bicycles all come to mind... They all have a variety of weaknesses.. and the lower end cars.

- Oh and while cars should be more common especially bikes/motorbikes, (especially with that scrapyard build thing you're doing).. Perhaps a dramatic reduction in vehicle parts is due even though the LOCATIONS where you can find them needs to go way up (small towns with garages). Something that would allow make people think twice and use their car more efficiently. Especially if there are only a few spots on the map that you can fuel up.

- Put higher end vehicle spawns further out towards Schwarmstedt/Bergen/Wietzendorf/Dorfmark.. Again... Move people away from Celle.

- Add tons of bicycles. Flat. Germany. Needs. Bikes.

- More ambient lighting for night time. Preferably something very dim in some of the un-enterable houses - Make it easy to spot a light, but not really have much navigational use besides knowing you reached civilization.

- I've also customized a bunch of starting loadouts that have a chance of occuring (based on the loadout lottery by torndeco, thnx mate!)

I designed it around various professions and gave each one their own strengths and weaknesses (nothing extreme, still tweaking), but still had a few lesser strength loadouts closer to what a default would be so that ... you know.. that word... SPICE.

- On the skins front, you seem to be heading in a very very good direction. I was wondering if it would be possible to really drive more gameplay in that direction. Something along the lines of tying a loadout from the lottery to a SKIN. So that if you spawn with the police officer loadout... you have a cop skin (you get the idea).

- More lootable skins is cool, but ACHIEVING a skin def drives some people that I know (not sure about everyone else)... The whole carrot on a stick thing when you've run out of things to do.

- I've always liked the idea of collecting loot from car pile ups on the highway salvaging parts / siphon fuel (not sure who wrote this one first, credit to whoever)

- Big thing for me is making the water a more integral part of the map... Right now it's division of the map feels uneven. East half gets all the attention. celle region gets 99% of the traffic. West side doesn't get much and NORTH WEST gets... the number is 0. Unless you're hiding shit.
I would much rather a game driven by gameplay in the North West (with easy bicycle crafting to get out of celle region)

TLDR - Water/Food/Meds/Fuel should be more rare. Less OP weapons and more low end guns (you're def on the right track for this), make better use of the wasteland region in the middle, NW corner of the map. Make leaving the SE a desirable choice by upgrading it the least with new buildings of high value.

Sorry this post is very disorganized, just wanted to throw ideas on a page, see what might stick or give you any new ideas.

I really like a lot of those ideas.

Map/LootBalance:
Currently on the map there is 3 medical locations: Hospitals at Bergen (damaged with reduced loot piles) and one at sharm in the far west. There is a military hospital at DorfMark currently, so I'd be really interested in what you've done with dorfmark as I haven't made my way there yet!

As for Soda cans I feel the best way to go about it is to reduce their value instead of quantity. I haven't got into the food/drink code but personally I'd like to see soft drink only give you an extra hour, instead of the full reset that water would do. The same could be done for food, and cans could have a % chance to be spoiled/contaminated, increasing your hunger. It would also get rid of that 1 beans / 1 pepsi that people wander around with.

Survivor Migration:
I've unbanned the BMX (no idea why that was banned o_O) so there's a bit more variety in bikes. Obviously the boneyard will help balance out the transport issue. Maybe I should move it west to encourage a migration.

On the subject of survivor migration, the theme is what you suggested. Crossing the river is part of your trip, only 3 bridges are intact; Celle, Winsen and the highway. The highway is the only realistic vehicle accessible bridge as there is tons of debris and clutter on the other two.

You spawn from Sudwinsen to Celle:
Travelling west offers the boneyard and the only south-of-the-river hospital, aswell as the highway.
Crossing at Winsen or Celle is dangerous, but offers a shorter route to Bergen (roughly the equivalent of stary) and the North Airfield

Skins and Loadouts:
I'm really excited to talk about this, but I can't say with absolute certainty when these will go through. There will be some military type loadouts that will need to be "crafted" basically you just need a few components and you've got a functional clothes pack to wear. What you wear can matter, not much, but it can :)

I'm working on EB gas mod (with big dog's gas mechanic) and placing that in Dayz Celle, the mechanics would allow concussion and gas grenades to be used in pvp and against zeds (zeds are very hard to disable though). The use of a gasmask (which takes a precious head slot) or hazmat can protect you.

Military created skins - The current ideas are:
will offer very limited armour
will make you resistant to concusions and bleeding
offer someprotection against cold (Celle is set in Germany and winter, it's as cold as namalsk mountains at night!)

The water changes have been brought up by different people a lot, I'm not sure the best way to improve on the water, but the general reception is that it can be better. Weather sounds great, I've been meaning to look at adding snow/wind to the weather and temperature tables anyway!

Yeh you're def right about water/food needing a big change, only reason I suggested it the way I did was because of my personal limitations when editing the map... But if its a case of anything goes - I would totally love to see antibiotics be a real requirement if you drink contaminated water or eat spoiled food.

something along the lines of getting the shits leading to faster water loss until you "cure" the issue. And if you're going to make the river drinkable along with wells, perhaps make a requirement to boil the water to totally prevent the chance of waterborne illnesses. And obviously have WATER have a more thirst quenching effect over things like a pop can... Which honestly shouldn't do you much good in the long run.

And if meats can spoil but cans are more rare, people will be less inclined to gulp them down and save them for a real tough time when no meat is found and opt for a bit of hunting and eating. Something to make what you eat and when more of a concern rather than just eating w.e and be good for a while.

I think crafting brings a whole new level to the game that is otherwise missing. Makeshift weapons, clothing and so on in my opinion would be a big part of survival until you can find a GOOD INTACT piece of gear... Which should be far less common than the components to make some mediocre stuff.

And earlier you had mentioned lots of guns with diff types of ammo, I really like that. It kind of pushes people towards "hey do i hold onto this nice gun with no ammo or do i ditch it for this X w/ ammo"

PErhaps make it so larger towns have more scraps of material to construct things but less immediate survival necessities. This way travel to them is for specific purposes, and leaving them is how you actually get what you need to not drop dead.

Fuel also needs to be tweaked IMO. as it stand everyone can fill up from the same place.. and it not run out of fuel.... I say have lots of fuel tank locations but have very little fuel or none in each thus forcing MORE mobile gameplay to maintain your vehicle / your person... Perhaps altering the efficiencies of the vehicles if that's possible... so people on motorcycles and bikes while they lose out on inventory and any kind of protection... Gain in the area of less maintenance requirements. If people are traveling on single person vehicles or 2 person vehicles this means that A) they can't really have a massive stockpile of stuff on them or in their car, leading to MORE traveling. Which is def a diff playstyle than a car with tons of stuff in it.

ALSO - if there is a way to have a second passenger on a bicycle but make it travel slower with them on it?

Either way - Thanks for responding so quickly.

Is this DayZ+ for Celle ? It sounds like it ? A Celle with spawns taken out ? Celle with those regular 3,000m yomps made even less bearable by your destination not spawning any loot at all ? Celle for masochists ?

Why not add some hills to the map, and remove those out of place immaculate modern houses ?

Again. This would involve thousands of buildings added to the map to make the small little towns more meaningful. Nothing wrong with nice houses. And if small type transportation (bicycles/motorcycles) exist in abundance (or can be crafted)... Then I don't see a 5km trek being an issue. I personally dislike the excessive high end weaponry found on most maps... Should be far more rare.... As for DayZ+... I think that it is going in the right direction - Just not as interesting of a map.... Resources and SURVIVAL should be your focus (IMO).. if not, that's what Arma2 or Wasteland is for.

Doing a whole Celle Plus is very achievable now that I know how to do it. It's however a lot of work and some of the little towns are always going to be little.

Most of the map work so far is around trying to slog it across the bridge, heading to Bergen then migrating to the military areas.

Check out my server just search "Manatee" .... Still working on fixing a bunch of stuff and adding more... I don't enjoy doing day to day moderator work.. but the admin stuff is interesting.. especially if people enjoy your creation... Much more satisfying than playing (not always)

Hit me up with your map changes, I'd love to see the direction you're taking. It's surprisingly a very long and slow process if you want to make it look really nice and legit... Hell even doing it decently and balancing it correctly isn't all that easy.

I can't wait to play this and see what you've done. When are you plan to release (say when its ready if your not sure, thats what I do).

I can't wait to play this and see what you've done. When are you plan to release (say when its ready if your not sure, thats what I do).

The working plan was to release shortley after the V1.7.5 changes and I feel that I'm on track for that. We unfortunately had a hiccup in our database at ausarma that was causing a few desync issues.

The version I've been testing for the last week is stable but it doesn't have the boneyard, which is something that is sorely needed for Dayz. If the Boneyard works it could released as soon as the code from V1.7.5 comes out.

Time will tell though!

As a quick note to any map porters or mod makers:
I've been itemizing all the Dayz Conflicts changes, so if anyone wants to take advantage of the weapons or kill houses they can :)

The kill houses are nuts, breahable doors, walls and it's very cramped rooms. Zombies have an edge in these buildings that they've never had before! Robert Hammers weapons are an excellent way to dilute the weapon tables in a positive way.

When do you plan on releasing this - Have you corrected the server issues & added boneyard? And do all the DayZ 1.7.5.1 features end up in the Celle update?

Myself and the the small but dedicated playerbase of mine is waiting with great anticipation for the release. Hope to hear back.

Back