Working House Lighting

Are you saure this isn't just graphics on your pc ? Do they come on if you zoom (right mouse) or use a rifle scope.

There are a couple of hints that can be uncommented that will show that lights are being created
Code:
hint format["(%5) %4 Houses: Create Lightpoint  ! Distance %1:%2. Test:%3",_awayx,_awayy,_test,_housecount,_hcount];
or switched on (if already exists)
Code:
hint format["(%5) %4 Houses: Lightpoint (%6) Found  ! Distance %1:%2. Test:%3",_awayx,_awayy,_test,_housecount,_hcount,_objLightPoint];

I'm cautiously sure that it is not my graphics settings. Tried with a variety of graphics settings with no effect, but brightness does influence activation range.

I tried using the older code on the first page of this thread, and the problem seems to be reduced, but still apparent. Lights seem to be going off at 200m, but are visible from further away with NVG.

I'm cautiously sure that it is not my graphics settings. Tried with a variety of graphics settings with no effect, but brightness does influence activation range.

I tried using the older code on the first page of this thread, and the problem seems to be reduced, but still apparent. Lights seem to be going off at 200m, but are visible from further away with NVG.
Try messing with the brightness. I am in the final testing stages of the dayZ Street Lights and found that different brightness levels have this effect. Try using 0.02 instead of 0.01. There isn't much in the way of documentation (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setLightBrightness) for allowed values. I used the bare minimum to try and reduce the glare. I have now found another way to remove that and keep a decent brightness level..

On Tavinia 2.0 I can see the lights from a long distance only when using nvgs, when about 20m away I can see them normally, any fix?

50.97.53.250:3153

I haven't been really paying attention if the lights i'm using is working atm... from what I recall there is some ambient glow going on.

Don't mind my disgusting PBO, i'm throwing tons of crap into it now, and will trim it down when I'm done

Managed to get this working, it adds some nice ambience to towns :)

2017night.png

How did you get the ground fog to be so nice? - As for the snow, have you figured out a way to make it periodically snow or is it just constant snow.. While people enjoy it.. they eventually get tired of it being snowy as hell 24/7... Figured i'd give them a variety of things.. some snow during the day, some creepy fog at night..

How did you get the ground fog to be so nice? - As for the snow, have you figured out a way to make it periodically snow or is it just constant snow.. While people enjoy it.. they eventually get tired of it being snowy as hell 24/7... Figured i'd give them a variety of things.. some snow during the day, some creepy fog at night..

Sent you a message to avoid overloading axeman's thread with gas talk :D

Joined your server in the morning before work. It's pretty damn amazing that you've managed to get them working. Also they look really nice. Waiting for the full release ;)

Cheers, I like the results too. Only problem I have is half the code is now serverside, packed into the dayZ_server.pbo, was making the mission pbo too big for my liking. Am not sure the best way to release it, I don't have time to support server code updating. Am looking at making it fully serverside so it can be a package with a server build. If I can do it for street lights I can do it for the house lights, just got to get over the client not able to see the serverside #lightpoint.

hiya, I cant find where 'change_streetlights.sqf' is to edit?

I have my mission.pbo and server.pbo but can tfind it any where...am i missing something here please.
Any help would be great thanks, also whereabouts in the init.sqf do i paste the other thing please.

many thanks

dayz.st server btw!

robbie

Due to be merged and upgraded with House Lights Soon:​
Personal Generators | Random Failures Enhanced | Power Outages in Thunder Storms (Still Investigating) | Flickering Street and House Lights | House Lights when Driving (Fixed) | Survivor Light Trails (Experimental)​

So does this script dynamically light up buildings? Or does it use the same method as the street lights with set co ordinates to spawn lights? The prior, when I tried it previously appeared to cause major lag (on a permanently full, 50 player server) and desync that was rather unbearable!

So does this script dynamically light up buildings? Or does it use the same method as the street lights with set co ordinates to spawn lights? The prior, when I tried it previously appeared to cause major lag (on a permanently full, 50 player server) and desync that was rather unbearable!
Is a different method from the House Lights. What is your server IP Jaimbo ? Which version of the house lights did you use ? There have been a few improvements since the first to help with performance.

Back