Working with EU roads in the 3D editor

Daefera

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with adding road tiles inside the 3D editor.
Once I place a road tile I cannot move or rotate it anymore. Does anyone know how to fix that?

I can place buildings etc just find. My only problem I have so far is with roads.

Greets,

Daefera

Update: This has been solved now.

You can add an object next to it that CAN be moved and rotated and then select both items. You can then adjust the road.

The way I found is that you have to use the 2d map to turn them and move them, and then check in the 3d editor.

you need to place a object like for me i place a railroad crossing and then you select both of them then you use the other object Eg Railroad-crossing then you can move the roads

I know this thread is quite old, but maybe it will help other people, so i am just rephrasing :
-Place down the road you would like to have
-Place a random unit next to it
These two steps can be done with the 3D editor on MAP view

Now select with your mouse the two objects (in the MAP view)
Then switch to 3D view and click and hold on the unit you created.
Now that you are moving the unit and this unit is "associated" with the road you can move it freely where you want it.

If by mistake you deselect the road and the unit you need to do the process again.

Keep in mind that when you save your mission, a displacement can occur. The means the objects you just placed will be moved to the side a little. To fix this you need to replace the object and resave the mission. For some objects it can happens three or even four time in a row. So i would sujest you save the mission every ten minutes to avoid messing your work with displacement.

I hope that helped you guys. I will maybe make a full tutorial on How To Add Roads With The 3d Editor.
If you wish me to, then reply and i will work on it. But for now have a good time and enjoy ARMA.

Hope that helped,

John_DAYZ
PM or contact [email protected]

Last edited:
yeh the object trick is nice to move alot of them at once also, thing i found an issue with was once the roads are down they disapear when i drive or walk on them

Back