Accelerated Time

I followed the steps above, have it in, server is running but I cant really tell if its working, what settings would I need to have a 2 hour day and 1 hour night ? were on a 3 hour restart and would love to have it wrap into that 3 hour period.

missing ; at the end :D
Crap lol
Okay I still got kicked for Script #40 so I changed setDamage to 1 in scripts.txt... now i get kicked for script restriction #42... So i turned off battle eye

I am not noticing any time change at all though. Does the ingame watch change? Im looking at that and the moon to see if there is a change.
using [240,true,10,1,true,240] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm"; after 20 or so mins it jumped 10 minutes. Waiting another 10 min to see if it starts.

Crap lol
Okay I still got kicked for Script #40 so I changed setDamage to 1 in scripts.txt... now i get kicked for script restriction #42... So i turned off battle eye

I am not noticing any time change at all though. Does the ingame watch change? Im looking at that and the moon to see if there is a change.
using [240,true,10,1,true,240] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm"; after 20 or so mins it jumped 10 minutes. Waiting another 10 min to see if it starts.

Okay after waiting i have determined that my code
Code:
[240,true,10,1,true,240] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm";
skips 10 minutes every 15 minutes at night.

Okay after waiting i have determined that my code
Code:
[240,true,10,1,true,240] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm";
skips 10 minutes every 15 minutes at night.

during the day everything works, but at night what ever you put you get every 15 min a 10 min boost. so basically if my math is right, your 12 hour night will be 28, 15 min cycles. so 7.2 hours of night which ever way u go...

Im tryring this right now, and im on night after a working every 10 min real life = 1 hr in game.

Code:
[6,true,10,1,true,60]

the 60 will mean every 1 min, 60 min will go by so night should be 12 min long. but it isnt.

if someone who knows this fsm code, could you please remove all instances of night. im looking through it right now and dont really know if i can remove them. but i see code like

Code:
class init
    {

"if(_night) then" \n
      "{" \n
      "    if(count _this > 3) then" \n
      "    {" \n
      "        _nightValue = _this select 3;" \n
      "    }" \n
      "    else" \n
      "    {" \n
      "        _nightValue = (_skipValue)*2;" \n
      "    };" \n
      "" \n
      "    _nightSkip = (_nightValue)/60;" \n
      "};" \n
      "" \n
      "_skipTime =(_skipValue)/60;"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;

Code:
item10[] = {"Skip_Time_Sync_cross",2,250,-323.426727,164.444916,-233.426697,214.444885,0.000000,"Skip Time" \n "Sync cross-" \n "network"};

class Skip_Time_Sync_cross
    {
      name = "Skip_Time_Sync_cross";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"if(_night) then" \n
      "{" \n
      "    if(SunOrMoon == 0) then" \n
      "    {" \n
      "        skipTime _nightSkip;" \n
      "    }" \n
      "        else" \n
      "    {" \n
      "        skipTime _skipTime;" \n
      "    };" \n
      "};" \n
      "" \n
      "_lastjipupdate = time;" \n
      "" \n
      "JipTimeNow = date;" \n
      "publicVariable ""JipTimeNow"";"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;

are these even correct? im trying to understand the code

Check out this Readme file that I found on Core_time.fsm
Features:
Fast time
JIP Compatibility
Faster/Slower Night Cycle
Client -> Server sync every 10 minutes

Usage:
Interval: Minutes to Skip
Bool: False to use skipTime true to use setDate
Night Cycle: false to disable fast night true to enable fast night

[Interval,Bool, Night Cycle] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Notes on Night Cycle:
If you set the night cycle to True by default the night cycle will double up on the current interval, if you want a custom night cycle interval then you would do:

[5,false,true,7] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

If you make the night cycle value lower then the primary interval then your night cycle will be slower thus making the night last longer.

Notes on skipTime/setDate:
In this update of the FSM I added the ability to use either the skipTime command, or the setDate command to make time go by faster. Below are notes on Skiptime from the wiki.
skipTime does not actually estimate weather changes beyond moving the clouds across the sky. Weather counters continue as if no time has passed. The setDate command can be used instead of skiptime to change the time without
the visual give-away of the lower clouds jumping.

Examples:

Skip 5 minutes, use skipTime, no custom night cycle.
[5,false,false] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Skip 5 minutes, use setDate, enable faster night cycle (no params) making time at night go by 10 instead of 5.
[5,true,true] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Skip 5 minutes, uses setDate, enable Night Cycle (with params) making time at night go by 7 instead of 5.
[5,true,true,7] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Changelog:
Added: Safety check put in for clients that get 'stuttering' issues.
Added: Ability to use skipTime or setDate.
Added: Night Cycle making it faster or slower depending on configuration.

Problems? Contact me at [email protected]

I wonder if we should try
Code:
[6,false,true,60]

I've been having an issue where all of a sudden it becomes night. This also seems to happen far too early in the day as well, i.e. if a restart is 5am, by 1pm it is getting dark, however if a restart is at 12pm it will get dark around 6pm. It aslo seems to be client specific, and if a player logs out and back in it is day light again for them.

I'm trying to use this script to resolve the issue, by using;

[1,true,5,1,true,1] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

I have run this at [60,true,1,1,true,60] on my test server and it seems to be fine for a consistent time of day the sun will set. I'm just wondering (as testing this out could be time consuming), will the above solve the issue without accelerating time?

This seems to be doubling the speed of time, so I guess this will be the right code; [0,true,5,1,true,0] execFSM "core_time.fsm";

Can anyone confirm this is correct?

Ive been trying [5,true,5,1,true,1] since early this morning.
Every 5 minutes it skips forward 25 minutes.

I asked a few players every now and again what the time on their watch was and most times I asked the were all synced...now and again one was out of sync but not by much and it wasn't long before it synced.

Times ticking along nicely, not sure if this will help anyone but thought id post it anyway:)

I'll report back after the night has passed :)

Robbie

I've left it as

Code:
[1,true,5,1,true,1]

The time seems to move weirdly though. I noticed once that during a whole 6 hour period, time was always around 2pm. Other times it moves normally. And then other times it seems to double speed for 20-30 mins. I'm not really too fussed. It stays light when I want it to be light and goes dark when it should.

[5,true,5,5,true,5] test : Ive had this running for a few days now, time ticks along nicely, every 5 minutes it skips forward 25 minutes.
The only problems I have is that when it skips people had experienced lagg for a few seconds ( not myself but had reports ) and the other is that it doesnt change for everybody at the same time.....not a huge problem for the most part but when it flicks from day to night people are saying 'ooooo just got dark' and other people are saying 'eh what you on about!'

Apart from that its fine, done the job for me.

[5,true,5,5,true,5] test : Ive had this running for a few days now, time ticks along nicely, every 5 minutes it skips forward 25 minutes.
The only problems I have is that when it skips people had experienced lagg for a few seconds ( not myself but had reports ) and the other is that it doesnt change for everybody at the same time.....not a huge problem for the most part but when it flicks from day to night people are saying 'ooooo just got dark' and other people are saying 'eh what you on about!'

Apart from that its fine, done the job for me.
Thanks for the reply.
So this would be 2 hour days, 2 hour nights?

I just want to give my idea of timechange and want to know what you think.

What if we dont change the time, but change the date ?

F.e. at late december its already dark at 18:00 but in august its still day. So we dont change the minutes or hours. Iam not sure how the lootspawn is affected by time. Maybe its only affected by daytime. Like from 17:00 to 17:10 and not from 01.01.2012 17:00 to 01.04.2012 17:01 because daytime changed only 1 minute.

So you can come from day to night very fast and after the Serverrestart you change your startingtime back. So after your restart its suddenly day, but i can live with that :)

The time skipping works well but once it reatarts it goes back to the set timeZone or real life time, so you would have some strange times

The directions in the OP are rather vague although I've done plenty of mods on my server. Perhaps someone can write a clearer explanation on how to have short nights? Perhaps there's a way just to adjust the server files so that it's only dark during certain hours? Maybe set it so it's dark from 10pm to 2am server time, or whatever the shortened night cycle is that the admin wants?

Place the Dayz Time folder with core_time.fsm inside your mission folder/pbo .
Add this to the bottom of your init.sqf [5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "Dayz time\core_time.fsm";

I might be a total noob here (most probably) but when i extract my dayz_server.pbo i cant seem to find that init.sqf. That other file is there just like you said.
I do have 1 folder called init and in there there is an file server_functions.sqf but it doesnt worh when i put [5,true,10,1,true,7] execFSM "Dayz time\core_time.fsm"; at the bottom there.
I am using bliss, am i missing some file in my mission file?

Hi, sry for my bad English:oops:

Im have problem, the script vor time jump not working.

My code [5,false,false] execFSM "fixes\core_time.fsm"; for permanent 4hDay/night <--- RIGHT???:confused:

The PBO Edit is exactly as the Readme somewhat higher.
Im delte the Lines in DayZ_ Server.PBO

StartServer= "No entry "dayz_tavi\basic.3D_Performance". :confused:
im pres "OK" ant the server run perfect only the time ist norm no jump
Any Ideea how can I fix this?

Back