Accelerated Time

Seemed to work fine for me but with a full server and recently after not changing anything, even increasing the time it should tick by... it only skips time by double the amount no matter what I do!

Any ideas?

So I ran
Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,5] execFSM "Scripts\core_time.fsm";

today, day went along great, every 10 minutes it would update and have skipped forward a total of about an hour. (10 minutes actually elapsed and 50 minutes skipped)

Then night came, In 10 minutes it had updated a total of 20 minutes (10 minutes of actual elapsed and 10 minutes skipped.)

I am testing again (and skipping an hour a minute to get there :D) ill let you know if i stop dead in the water at night again.

ok guys ive read over a few of the newer posts. The night time is not working, it doesnt skip by correctly seems it doesnt skip by right. you could set it to skip night at 30X but still get one outcome, normalish mabe 1-10 min faster.

I deleted this script because of that and the issue i was having with people seeing sunset and instantly going dark. its ok of a script but clearly needs to be fixed.

Okay all, There was an error in the FSM posted in the first thread

OP had:
Code:
      "        _nightValue = _this select 3;" \n

Which was grabbing the "1" in
Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,7]

Replaced that line with:
Code:
      "        _nightValue = _this select 5;" \n

So it selects the 7.

LINKS:
core_time.fsm
core_time.rar (packed up for easy download)

P.S. Thanks Hangender and Xeonon for the help!(not justchil) I only tested REAL quick at this time of night, so if its broken realize I suck!

Hi all.

I have done what is stated in this post, but nevertheless I am continually kicked out of my server with script restricion # 6.

I have added [6,true,10,1,true,5] execFSM "scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"; at init.sqf of dayz_mission.pbo
I have removed the piece of code of server_cleanup.fsm of dayz_server.pbo
I have corrected the line of the code of script.txt from this:
5 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate"

to this:
5 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate" !="[\"dayzSetDate\", { setDate (_this select 1); } ] call registerBroadcastRpc;" !"if(isDedicated) then {\nsetDate _date;\ndayzSetDate = _date;\npublicVariable \"dayzSetDate\";\n};

And I have added this too:
5 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')"

What am I missing? or What have I done wrong?

Hi all.

I have done what is stated in this post, but nevertheless I am continually kicked out of my server with script restricion # 6.

I have added [6,true,10,1,true,5] execFSM "scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"; at init.sqf of dayz_mission.pbo
5 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate"

to this:
5 setDate !"\"setDate\"," !"scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"," !"rsetDate = 'setDate'" !"rsetDatecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'setDate.sqf')" !"dayzSetDate" !="[\"dayzSetDate\", { setDate (_this select 1); } ] call registerBroadcastRpc;" !"if(isDedicated) then {\nsetDate _date;\ndayzSetDate = _date;\npublicVariable \"dayzSetDate\";\n};

5 skipTime !"\"skipTime\"," !"scriptsMZ\DayzTime\core_time.fsm"," !"rskiptime = 'skiptime'" !"rskiptimecode = compile PreprocessFile (BIS_PathMPscriptCommands + 'skiptime.sqf')"

I would set both to 1 and call it good tbh.

OP had:
Code:

Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,7]

Replaced that line with:
Code:

So it selects the 7.

LINKS:
core_time.fsm

P.S. Thanks Hangender and Xeonon for the help!(not justchil) I only tested REAL quick at this time of night, so if its broken realize I suck!
Great work! I will try this out.

OP had:
Code:

Code:
[5,true,10,1,true,7]

Replaced that line with:
Code:

So it selects the 7.

LINKS:
core_time.fsm

Does the change of _this select 3 to _this select 5 is only to [5, true, 10,1, true, 7]?
The 5 of _this select 5 is because there is a 5 in [5, true, 10,1, true, 7]? If so, set the guidelines in [5, true, 10,1, true, 7] makes no sense.
And if I change the 5 of [5, true, 10,1, true, 7] to 6 [6, true, 10,1, true, 7]
I have to change _this select 5 to _this select 6?

I would set both to 1 and call it good tbh.

I don't understand you. :confused:

Does the change of _this select 3 to _this select 5 is only to [5, true, 10,1, true, 7]?
The 5 of _this select 5 is because there is a 5 in [5, true, 10,1, true, 7]? If so, set the guidelines in [5, true, 10,1, true, 7] makes no sense.
And if I change the 5 of [5, true, 10,1, true, 7] to 6 [6, true, 10,1, true, 7]
I have to change _this select 5 to _this select 6?

I don't understand you. :confused:

Keac:

No, dont worry at all about what I said I fixed, just use the core_time i attached in my post and the guidelines as instructed in the first post

Hi all.

to this:

Ok. Thanks mckooter. Do you would answer me about this?

I have tried to upload the script in many ways, but I haven't been able to either. Always I get the script restriction # 6

I have tried to upload the script in many ways, but I haven't been able to either. Always I get the script restriction # 6

Keac: have you looked at the thread i showed you above? if so post some details about what you found in teh scripts.log and the corresponding scripts.txt entry and maybe someone can give some ideas.

ehmm and u know what? this script is awesome but i dont know how to fix the problem of the transition between day and night, is like "omg instant day or night" flash my eyes :D

Back