Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

My default 1.8 description.ext doesn't have that section in it, but does have this line:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf". Should I put a copy of that in my mission PBO, change the path and remove the sections as listed in the instructions, or just comment out the line in my description.ext?
Check my sig for the merged 1.8 mission files. Then you can remove the code you need to from that description.ext

My default 1.8 description.ext doesn't have that section in it, but does have this line:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf". Should I put a copy of that in my mission PBO, change the path and remove the sections as listed in the instructions, or just comment out the line in my description.ext?

I removed the code from "z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf" from the PBO and it gave me this error:
Code:
ErrorMessage: File z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\description.sqf, line 20: .RscText: Member already defined
On trying to join the server Arma 2 completely crashes. I would be interested to know if it works for you.

reading through the arma2_oaserver.rpt i dont really know what im looking at in there. i see a few errors like: 22:37:45 Error in expression <\compile\server_publishObject.sqf" not sure if anything is related to basebuilding though. when i placed a Land_fort_bagfence_long i noticed it keeps saying 2:07:35 Ref to nonnetwork object 1eee0800# 1056788: wf_barracks_east.p3d. its also been spaming 2:07:53 Wrong text element 'null' since i started the server if that means anything :/ (sorry i have no idea what im looking at in the rpt)

The wrong text element null was in my logs when my custom monitor was done incorrectly. Every time the monitor updates, that error is printed. I used a differently formated custom monitor that I 'borrowed' from the dayz code itself I think. Cant recall where it was off hand ..

Remove the #include thats in the 1.8 file, then open the 1.8 dayz_code.pbo and locate system\mission\description.sqf copy the contents of this into your description.ext in place of the #include

Then do as the basebuilding instructions say.

Remove the #include thats in the 1.8 file, then open the 1.8 dayz_code.pbo and locate system\mission\description.sqf copy the contents of this into your description.ext in place of the #include

I will give this a try after work, thanks for the reply seeweed.

if you follow the path you will get to this:
Code:
aiKills = 1;
diagRadio = 1;
diagHit = 1;

class RscText
{
    type = 0;
    idc = -1;
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    h = 0.037;
    w = 0.3;
    style = 0x100;
    font = Zeppelin32;
    SizeEx = 0.03921;
    colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};
    colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
    linespacing = 1;
};

class RscPicture
{
    access=0;
    type=0;
    idc=-1;
    style=48;
    colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0};
    colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
    font="TahomaB";
    sizeEx=0;
    lineSpacing=0;
    text="";
};

class RscLoadingText : RscText
{
    style = 2;
    x = 0.323532;
    y = 0.666672;
    w = 0.352944;
    h = 0.039216;
    sizeEx = 0.03921;
    colorText[] = {0.543,0.5742,0.4102,1.0};
};

class RscProgress
{
    x = 0.344;
    y = 0.619;
    w = 0.313726;
    h = 0.0261438;
    texture = "\ca\ui\data\loadscreen_progressbar_ca.paa";
    colorFrame[] = {0,0,0,0};
    colorBar[] = {1,1,1,1};
};

class RscProgressNotFreeze
{
    idc = -1;
    type = 45;
    style = 0;
    x = 0.022059;
    y = 0.911772;
    w = 0.029412;
    h = 0.039216;
    texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0)";
};

//
// the loading screen itself
//
class DayZ_loadingScreen
{
    idd = -1;
    duration = 10e10;
    fadein = 0;
    fadeout = 0;
    name = "loading screen";
    class controlsBackground
    {
        class blackBG : RscText
        {
            x = safezoneX;
            y = safezoneY;
            w = safezoneW;
            h = safezoneH;
            text = "";
            colorText[] = {0,0,0,0};
            colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,1};
        };
    };
    class controls
    {
        class Title1 : RscLoadingText
        {
            text = "$STR_LOADING"; // "Loading" text in the middle of the screen
        };
        class CA_Progress : RscProgress // progress bar, has to have idc 104
        {
            idc = 104;
            type = 8; // CT_PROGRESS
            style = 0; // ST_SINGLE
            texture = "\ca\ui\data\loadscreen_progressbar_ca.paa";
        };
        class CA_Progress2 : RscProgressNotFreeze // progress bar that will go reverse
        {
            idc = 103;
        };
        class Name2: RscText // the text on the top-left
        {
            idc = 101;
            x = 0.05;
            y = 0.029412;
            w = 0.9;
            h = 0.04902;
            text = "";
            sizeEx = 0.05;
            colorText[] = {0.543,0.5742,0.4102,1.0};
        };
    };
};

// logo watermark
class RscTitles {
    class wm_disp {
        idd = -1;
        onLoad = "uiNamespace setVariable ['wm_disp', _this select 0]";
        fadein = 0;
        fadeout = 0;
        duration = 10e10;
        controlsBackground[] = {};
        objects[] = {};
        class controls {
            class wm_text2 {
                idc = 1;
                x = safeZoneX+0.027;//safeZoneW*0.01;
                y = safeZoneY+safeZoneH-0.16;
                w = 0.151*safeZoneH;
                h = 0.057*safeZoneH;
                shadow = 2;
                class Attributes
                {
                    font = "EtelkaNarrowMediumPro";
                    color = "#24FFFFFF";
                    align = "left"; // put "center" here if you want some background
                    valign = "middle";
                    shadow = 2;
                };
                colorBackground[] = { 1, 0.3, 0, 0 };  // uncomment and increase 4th number to have a background
                font = "EtelkaNarrowMediumPro";
                size = 0.06*safeZoneH;
                type = 13;
                style = 0;
                text="";
            };
        };
    };
};

so just replace this bunch of code with your #include... line and then just edit it your way ;)

EDIT: Seaweeduk was a bit faster ^^

No no, don't rename it. Leave it as player_build2.sqf. I've changed the call for it in compiles to prevent it overwriting the default player_build since tents now use that for placing.

The file you linked is completely fine, it's an unedited version of my file. What to do is upload your mission/server files if you can so I can take a look at them for you and see if I can figure out why it's not working.

Sorry for the slow reply, here are my files thanks for looking at them and sorry if i missed an easy step :/. I have a few mods, i was going to remove them first but i thought youd like to see my files how they are now as im assuming the other mods should work as well with Basebuilding ( i have rmod, self blood bag, Auto-refuel, custom loot) I'm trying a clean install now with no other mods besides Basebuilding to see if i can get it to work.

link: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/GED0VNjxh6Xc9rp2a1bwjw

Sorry for the slow reply, here are my files thanks for looking at them and sorry if i missed an easy step :/. I have a few mods, i was going to remove them first but i thought youd like to see my files how they are now as im assuming the other mods should work as well with Basebuilding ( i have rmod, self blood bag, Auto-refuel, custom loot) I'm trying a clean install now with no other mods besides Basebuilding to see if i can get it to work.

link: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/GED0VNjxh6Xc9rp2a1bwjw

Ok man, I've taken a look at your files and found a few issues.

For base building, the reason you aren't publishing to the database is because you somehow have an extra
Code:
};
on line 13 of dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf

Your RPT is getting spam about "message type null" or something like that. That's coming from your custom monitor, move the call for it in init.sqf away from the bottom and into the dedicated section.
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
Just after your refuel script call.

Also, there is a little problem I only just found out about whilst checking your files. The custom loot setup needs some additional files edited.
dayz_server\compile\fa_hiveMaintenance.sqf
dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf
dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf
Each of them has one reference to configFile loot something or other. Do the missionconfigFile change for all instances pointing to a loot file. Seems this problem is only apparent if you've edited the loot tables for heli crashes, castles and something else I can't figure out haha.

Your mission file is also almost double the size it needs to be because you have .bak copies of almost all the files in there. Really you shouldn't keep them in the mission folder because it's just increasing the mission file size for no reason.

Another thing, you've got two fn_selfActions.sqf. One being called right after the other. It looks like one was for Kirxes' self blood script and the other is the one I included with the BB edits in. You've already added Krixes' stuff to the BB one, so you can remove these files
missionfolder\scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf
missionfolder\scripts\compiles.sqf
Then remove this line from your init.sqf
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

Sorry if that's a bit long man, figured I may as well take a crack at the other issues showing in your RPT whilst I was at it. :)

Ok man, I've taken a look at your files and found a few issues.

For base building, the reason you aren't publishing to the database is because you somehow have an extra
Code:
};
on line 13 of dayz_server\compile\server_publishObject.sqf

Your RPT is getting spam about "message type null" or something like that. That's coming from your custom monitor, move the call for it in init.sqf away from the bottom and into the dedicated section.
Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
Just after your refuel script call.

Also, there is a little problem I only just found out about whilst checking your files. The custom loot setup needs some additional files edited.
dayz_server\compile\fa_hiveMaintenance.sqf
dayz_server\compile\fn_bases.sqf
dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf
Each of them has one reference to configFile loot something or other. Do the missionconfigFile change for all instances pointing to a loot file. Seems this problem is only apparent if you've edited the loot tables for heli crashes, castles and something else I can't figure out haha.

Your mission file is also almost double the size it needs to be because you have .bak copies of almost all the files in there. Really you shouldn't keep them in the mission folder because it's just increasing the mission file size for no reason.

Another thing, you've got two fn_selfActions.sqf. One being called right after the other. It looks like one was for Kirxes' self blood script and the other is the one I included with the BB edits in. You've already added Krixes' stuff to the BB one, so you can remove these files
missionfolder\scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf
missionfolder\scripts\compiles.sqf
Then remove this line from your init.sqf
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles

Sorry if that's a bit long man, figured I may as well take a crack at the other issues showing in your RPT whilst I was at it. :)

No worries man I appreciate all the help I can get :), thanks again for taking your time to help me.

Ok I've removed the extra
Code:
};
from server_publishObject.sqf. Ah ok I had a feeling that the rtp saying "message type null" just looked very wrong, changed the init.sqf to how you said.
Changed the code in the files in dayz_server\compile\ from configFile to missionconfigFile as you said. Also removed the .bak files (thought they were only temporary files that kept auto-deleting and remaking themselves whenever i unpack my pbo lol..). mission file size is now 1,136 KB so nearly half :). I had a feeling i could of removed Krixes fn_selfActions.sqf after adding his code into your file but i didn't dare to just in case, done that now.

After joining the server after making the changes it appears my RPT is having close to no errors what so ever and the servers running the smoothest I've seen it since i started modding it lol. After creating a Land_fort_bagfence_long and successfully getting shot in the back of the head by a bandit, I restarted the server after re spawning, checked my object_data and seen the added entry Land_fort_bagfence_long.. Ran back to where i placed it and.. its there! Thank you so fkn much man you've solved my problems (and several more) and made my server just so much better. Words can't express how thankful I am for your generosity and patience!!

No worries man I appreciate all the help I can get :), thanks again for taking your time to help me.

Ok I've removed the extra
Code:
};
from server_publishObject.sqf. Ah ok I had a feeling that the rtp saying "message type null" just looked very wrong, changed the init.sqf to how you said.
Changed the code in the files in dayz_server\compile\ from configFile to missionconfigFile as you said. Also removed the .bak files (thought they were only temporary files that kept auto-deleting and remaking themselves whenever i unpack my pbo lol..). mission file size is now 1,136 KB so nearly half :). I had a feeling i could of removed Krixes fn_selfActions.sqf after adding his code into your file but i didn't dare to just in case, done that now.

After joining the server after making the changes it appears my RPT is having close to no errors what so ever and the servers running the smoothest I've seen it since i started modding it lol. After creating a Land_fort_bagfence_long and successfully getting shot in the back of the head by a bandit, I restarted the server after re spawning, checked my object_data and seen the added entry Land_fort_bagfence_long.. Ran back to where i placed it and.. its there! Thank you so fkn much man you've solved my problems (and several more) and made my server just so much better. Words can't express how thankful I am for your generosity and patience!!

Haha, glad it's all working for you man and you're very welcome. :)

Awesome, it now loads, thanks for clearing that up. But now I have the strangest problem...

I have edited my init.sqf in the dayz_code pbo so I can have custom compiles.qsf. The edit works, to test it I changed the name of compiles.sqf to break the server, it broke, file edit confirmed. So I go into compiles.sqf and edit to have custom fn_selfActions.sqf. Doesn't work. None of the custom compile changes work! I edited the file to break the server but no cigar. WTF! Lol. How can this be? Have you heard of this before?

I have checked spelling, path, checked the file is actually there, everything. I am stumped :-(

If you are using rosskas files the fnSelfActions.sqf location is defined already in dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf

You don't need to define it in the dayz_code's compiles.sqf just change it there

Seems like i have a problem now with Tents. They are not saving the Items i put in them :(

Check the tent fix link in my signature. It works for the base building items too so they can be removed even after a server restart.

Awesome, it now loads, thanks for clearing that up. But now I have the strangest problem...

I have edited my init.sqf in the dayz_code pbo so I can have custom compiles.qsf. The edit works, to test it I changed the name of compiles.sqf to break the server, it broke, file edit confirmed. So I go into compiles.sqf and edit to have custom fn_selfActions.sqf. Doesn't work. None of the custom compile changes work! I edited the file to break the server but no cigar. WTF! Lol. How can this be? Have you heard of this before?

I have checked spelling, path, checked the file is actually there, everything. I am stumped :-(

You should never change any files in the dayz_code.pbo. To edit files you need to copy them to your mission folder and edit them there, also editing any paths that point to them. If you do edit them inside the server side dayz_code.pbo it can break the server and or prevent people connecting.

You should never change any files in the dayz_code.pbo. To edit files you need to copy them to your mission folder and edit them there, also editing any paths that point to them. If you do edit them inside the server side dayz_code.pbo it can break the server and or prevent people connecting.

I think he's talking about copying the clientside compiles.sqf into his mission and redefining fn_selfActions there, it'll be overwritten by the definition in your own compiles.sqf though

I think he's talking about copying the clientside compiles.sqf into his mission and redefining fn_selfActions there, it'll be overwritten by the definition in your own compiles.sqf though

Yeah it's just that he linked this
Aw thanks man, pulling my hair out with this one!
Dayz_Code.PBO/System/Mission/init.sqf -

Which shows he's edited the init.sqf in dayz_code.pbo instead of merging it with the one in the mission file. So the custom compiles wont be loading up client side.

Check the tent fix link in my signature. It works for the base building items too so they can be removed even after a server restart.

Damn, I had no idea, I thought one controlled the other. That would explain the massive problems I was getting with description.ext as I was making the changes there until you guys helped me out.

All I want is to have a custom compiles.sqf

Which shows he's edited the init.sqf in dayz_code.pbo instead of merging it with the one in the mission file. So the custom compiles wont be loading up client side.
Yes I did. I will correct that and put the PBO's back to their original files. I will then copy what I need into my mission folder and edit from there. Thank you very much guys. I will keep you posted.

Back