Change weather server side.

It is up to you how exactly you want the weather on your server. All the options are explained right at the top of the file.

If you are like me and want it always sunny with no fog then just set all the weather change times to some high number like 60 or whatever. Then change all the wind, rain, fog etc. max and probabilities to 0. Example:

Code:
_minWeatherChangeTimeMin = 60;
_maxWeatherChangeTimeMin = 60;
_minTimeBetweenWeatherChangesMin = 60;
_minimumFog = 0;
_maximumFog = 0;
_minimumOvercast = 0;
_maximumOvercast = 0;
_minimumRain = 0;
_maximumRain = 0;
_minimumWind = 0;
_maximumWind = 0;
_windChangeProbability = 0;
_rainIntervalRainProbability = 0;
_minRainIntervalTimeMin = 0;
_maxRainIntervalTimeMin = (_maxWeatherChangeTimeMin + _maxTimeBetweenWeatherChangesMin) / 2;
_forceRainToStopAfterOneRainInterval = false;

Thanks!

are the instructions still good for 1.7.6.1?
I used the current dayz_code
but after loading the pbo, nobody can get past the loading screen (after clicking "ok" in the lobby)
the status bar on loading screen fills up completely, but then just stops. makes you close arma to get free
maybe someone knows if its a issue with 1.7.6.1? or is it something I did incorrectly?
thank you

okay, i think i got it now. i was telling everything to look in my fixes folder, but forgot to put the complies in there.
so hopefully i'm good to go now.
thanks for all the helpful stuff here. I would be lost without it :)

are the instructions still good for 1.7.6.1?
I used the current dayz_code
but after loading the pbo, nobody can get past the loading screen (after clicking "ok" in the lobby)
the status bar on loading screen fills up completely, but then just stops. makes you close arma to get free
maybe someone knows if its a issue with 1.7.6.1? or is it something I did incorrectly?
thank you

okay, i think i got it now. i was telling everything to look in my fixes folder, but forgot to put the complies in there.
so hopefully i'm good to go now.
thanks for all the helpful stuff here. I would be lost without it :)

How did you fix it mate?

How did you fix it mate?

1- in the init folder get the compiles.sqf and copy it to your mission file.
2- in the external folder get the DynamicWeatherEffects and copy it to your mission file.
3- in your init.sqf of your mission file change this line

The directions from the OP are perfect. Instead of just placing "compiles" and "dynamicweathereffects" in the mission file with everything else. I put it in a newly created folder called "fixes". My initial problem was forgetting to tell it to pull from the "fixes" folder. The OP's instructions are spot on, dont pay attention to my mess.

instead of this
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";
I told it to goto my fixes folder, only thing I did different. Same for dynamicweatherffects
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\compiles.sqf";

OK i have doen everything said in this forum and i still get the rain/ overcast weather do i need to have my server member remove their files so the server provides them? or am i doing something wrong ?

I cant get this to work iv tryed chaning the folders to "\fixes\compiles.sqf";and"fixes\compiles.sqf";, i just get stuck at loading can someone check my mission file please?

Attachments

• cher_dayz_mission.pbo
    236.9 KB · Views: 10
hmm thought i fixed it im not getting any errors now but it's still raining anyone take a look at this? im pulling my hair out

Attachments

• dayz mission.pbo
    675 KB · Views: 4
Hi can anyone help plz?

In my server pbo, my init folder only contains 'server_functions.sqf' theres no 'compiles.sqf'.

theres a 'compiles' folder in the server pbo

many thanks

robbie

Hello !

I was trying this lsat night and there was a big lag ,so i did something wrong in the dynamic weather.sqf i think ,anyone else got a big lag ?

this is funny, ive been using this for ages now. didnt know it wasnt public knowledge... ANYTHING in dayz code you have to put into your mission folder and change the compile for. so if u wanted to change anything else just drag it to a folder inside ur mission and change the compiles link to reference it and bam your edited file is now workin on your server.

I have been trying solutions to get no weather on occur on my server for a few weeks with no success. Following any and all suggested methods on this forum and others with no success. Players just get stuck at the dayz loading screen when trying to load in. Any suggestions? I don't know how to link my PBO file.

Back