DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

How can I purchase Dami's anithack as infiSTAR antihack is shit for basebuilding. Normal players can't build on my server when infiSTAR AH is enabled.

I sent you a private message with his info. Let me know if you need something else.

- I have the inability to remove crafting items resolved. I'll lay out the details at anyone's request.
- I've figured out the quickest way to add buildable items to the list - including operable static guns - just ask if you want the info.

I'm about to start trying to figure out the step-by-step for adding materials. In Epoch, the current materials list is pretty ridiculous, so I plan to add lots more, with a conditional to display only the necessary materials with a maximum of 5.
Is this info already out there to possibly save me some time? If not, I will post my findings once I manage it.

I'd be interested in the operable static guns, if its possible for Overwatch but I'd be interested in adding extra buildings to the recipe list in general besides what comes standard in 1.3

The key to the above post is that for mounted guns, the _isSimulated part of the array has to be set to true, or you will bug out like I outlined here.
There are only three files to edit, with five total edits per object (not including images).

I'm noticing now that I cannot remove any of my BB1.3 objects in-game. What I did was nearly identical to the link you posted. I can remove some objects such as the first walls I built, but nothing else save for the flag. This includes the shield generator.

Thoughts? I've been at it for about 17 hours and my brain needs a break.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

If you're getting the non owners removal rather than the owners one my guess is your server_monitor isnt setting the owners variable correctly on server startup.

Oh good call. I peeked in there but I was.too tired to make a real go of it. I'll take a look in a while and report back. Thanks

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

No luck with this. I want to say the problem started when I added two new objects, but I'm not certain of that. Everything code-wise looks ok, I just don't get the option to remove base building objects.

Sent from my Kindle HDX7 using Tapatalk.

Ok I have the adjustments to the recipe pages done so that they dynamically show materials only if needed for the build (for the moment limited to five different mats per build, no limit on overall mats to add), and now I just need the paa files for the materials. Any idea where I can get these, anyone?

Ok I have the adjustments to the recipe pages done so that they dynamically show materials only if needed for the build (for the moment limited to five different mats per build, no limit on overall mats to add), and now I just need the paa files for the materials. Any idea where I can get these, anyone?

Look for the .hpp file containing the definition of each class in the client pbos. E.g in dayz_code\Configs\CfgCrafting\Items\Mats\equip_crate.hpp

Code:
picture = "\z\addons\dayz_communityassets\pictures\equip_crate.paa";

Ok so I did a full PC search and found what I needed. In your arma2:OA install directory, under @DayZ_Epoch\addons, there is a pbo called dayz_equip.pbo. Under textures there are a ton of paa files for most materials. If you are feeling frisky, do a search for *.pbo in your arma2 and arma2:eek:a directories and check it out - paas for pretty much anything you want if you take the time to look.

So now I am having an interesting problem with layout: I have a loop running that runs through the requirements, and when it finds one greater than 0, it activates the first image control and its companion text control. The image is always the correct one, and it is properly placed. The content of the text control is correct, but for some reason, on some recipes , the text appears one control lower than the image it is paired with.

For instance, if the material is set to be in the second slot from the top, the image will be, but the text will be in the third. Weird thing is, no iteration takes place between the activation of the two controls.

Here is that portion of the code:

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I was able to resolve this issue. It turns out that the quantity controls were not named in order of position like the images were. I switched the position of two of them and it is now working.

I am still unable to remove most BB objects, however. It turns out that I can remove infostands, castle walls, and roofs - Any ideas what their common denominator is?

if they dont remove, look at your rpt file and see if the UID supplied in the HIVE write matches the UID in the database. For that matter, is the HIVE write even being submitted.

On to my problem which others here have posted. With infistar installed, players have complete inability to build anything. I disabled all options in ahconfig.sqf, added all the actions, and it doesn't work. Marc from nation of the dead server is working daily on this. We have requested a fix from infistar with no response yet. I think the blocking is occuring somewhere in the first 2600 lines of code so ... it might take a few minutes if we don't get a patch.

So if you insist on using Infistar, do not spend any time installing yet.

It's not that they don't Remove, it's that I'm not given the option. I have gone over the selections file several times, so now I am reinstalling step by step and testing with each change.

That being said, I can't seem to get diag_log to show the values of any of the variables. Is there a ideal place to put some diagnostic messages?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

well, make sure you place them outside of any if blocks because they might not get executed inside one. make sure you use the
diag_log format["VARIABLE - %1", _variablename];
That way it outputs something even if the variable is undefined. The first time I installed the BB, I didnt get half the options to display either. Some error somewhere, I did it step by step again and then it worked perfect.

Someone who has this working should post their files for comparisons sake. You are running epoch though, so my overwatch files won't help you but I can post them later in case someone else needs them.

Back