DayZ Base Building 1.3 Discussion

Anyone have a solution for Epoch 1.0.4.2?
Player cant build, they have the needed items in their inventory, choose the building object and click "build" but....
the choosen build dont appear....
scroll mousewheel again, choose build recipes , click on build object and then they get message "you are already building"...
i know infiStar or antihack block this, but i cant find a solution...anyone else?

all other i´ve fixed by myself but cant fix this issue by myself...need help, please

How to install it to dayz epoch server 1.0.4.2? There is no server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf in this version of Epoch mod.

I have the same problem. Can anyone who has this working on 1.0.4.2 epoch please share which install instructions you use and or what you did to get around not having a server_updatelocalobjects file. Im on a dayz.st server and i would really love to get this working. Any help you can give on this will be really appreciated.

I have the same problem. Can anyone who has this working on 1.0.4.2 epoch please share which install instructions you use and or what you did to get around not having a server_updatelocalobjects file. Im on a dayz.st server and i would really love to get this working. Any help you can give on this will be really appreciated.

My bad I read back and found Alandro's post about the server_updatenearbyobjects now being combined with server functions in 1.0.4.2 but I don't know if I should try it or not as Im seeing a lot of bug posts from fellow Epoch 1.0.4.2 players and no real solutions yet. Dose any one have this working totally on a Epoch 1.0.4.2 server yet?..

Anyone know the answer to my #2 Numpad question?

"2. Since the install of this the Numpad camera 8, 4, and 2 don't work in vehicles. Any fix?"

I got this working on my Epoch 1.0.4.2 server but I now have an issue where I cannot access gear when in a vehicle and I cannot salvage wrecks. Any ideas on how to fix this or where the code for salvaging vehicles would be?.

The buttons are rebound in compiles.sqf for the building controls, if you want to change the buttons to something else here's a list -
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

Wonder why it's only Numpad 2, 4, and 8 that is non functional when driving. Should be some way to fix that. Like enabled only when building.

EDIT: gonna try adding a if (!_inVehicle) around the Numpad keybindings

Last edited:
Hmmm my numpad 6 is the only one working for me after updating to 1.3 doesn't matter if on foot, heli or car.

Hmmm my numpad 6 is the only one working for me after updating to 1.3 doesn't matter if on foot, heli or car.

Same. Players complain about vehicles mostly. Working on it...

The if (!_inVehicle) is working so far only for the vehicle Numpad movement, but I think there should be a better variable since on foot cam movement is still only Numpad 6.

I'm looking through the code in player_build2.sqf and the variables in variables.sqf. Im gonna try if (!_inVehicle && buildReady). That should limit the time the Numpad is F'ed up when on foot.

EDIT: BTW, I added buildReady = false; after buildReposition line in variables.sqf. It wasnt there and its global.

EDIT2: Maybe a new variable "buildInProcess" is needed for this. I dont think buildReady will be nice.

Last edited:
Damn forgot player_build2.sqf is precompiled . Not gonna work unless it's a function on it's own.

nm. I think I can get it to work. Sry for the play-by-plays. I'll post once I get it working.

How to fix Numpad 6 only working bug (Overwatch 0.2.5):

1. In variables.sqf paste
Code:
isBuildingBase  = false;
below
Code:
buildReposition   = false;

2. In the first line (or after quotes and "private" line) of player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
isBuildingBase = true;

3. In the last line of player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
isBuildingBase = false;

4. In player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
if (isBuildingBase) then {
directly above
Code:
//Key Binds for Base Building

5. In player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
};
directly below
Code:
//Move Right Numpad 3
if (_dikCode == 0x51) then {
   DZ_BB_Ri = true;
   _handled = true;
};

Let me know if it doesn't work or you know of a better way to do it.

How to fix Numpad 6 only working bug (Overwatch 0.2.5):

4. In player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
if (isBuildingBase) then {
directly above
Code:
//Key Binds for Base Building

5. In player_build2.sqf paste
Code:
};
directly below
Code:
//Move Right Numpad 3
if (_dikCode == 0x51) then {
   DZ_BB_Ri = true;
   _handled = true;
};

Let me know if it doesn't work or you know of a better way to do it.

i think step 4 and 5 are in compiles.sqf i tested and work in 1.8.0.3

Im using blur AH and block the build action of normal players from recipes menu, but if i click in inventary items work fine, the admin in AH menu work fine, any know the addaction of build menu to whitelist in antihack?

i think step 4 and 5 are in compiles.sqf i tested and work in 1.8.0.3

Im using blur AH and block the build action of normal players from recipes menu, but if i click in inventary items work fine, the admin in AH menu work fine, any know the addaction of build menu to whitelist in antihack?

Search all the basebuilding files for "addAction" and add each of the new actions to the whitelist.

EPOCH 1.0.4.2

Thought id help a bit since im doing this for the repack :p

in the install instructions it tells you to open "server_updateNearbyObjects.sqf", the problem is it dosnt exist as its own file anymore, long story short it is now part of "server_functions.sqf".

so open "server_functions.sqf" and find this piece of code
Code:
server_updateNearbyObjects = {
    private["_pos"];
    _pos = _this select 0;
    {
        [_x, "gear"] call server_updateObject;
    } forEach nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects, 10];
};

replace it with the below code and your good to continue with the install guide :)

Code:
server_updateNearbyObjects = {
   private["_pos","_object","_isBuildable"];
   _pos = _this select 0;
   _object = _this select 1;
   _isBuildable = _this select 2;
   {
     [_x, "gear"] call server_updateObject;
   } forEach nearestObjects [_pos, dayz_updateObjects, 10];
   if (_isBuildable) then {
   [_object, "gear"] call server_updateObject;
   _isBuildable = false;
   };

};

Enjoy!

Edit: I will post my working epoch 1.0.4.2 files soon, the files are clean epoch + basebuilding 1.3 only, it's my starting point for the repack

Last edited:
Here it is:
Code:
                s_player_recipeMenu,s_player_buildHelp,s_player_showFlags,s_player_camoBaseOwnerAccess,s_player_addCamoAuth,s_player_removeCamoAuth,
                s_player_deleteCamoNet,s_player_removeflag,s_player_addFlagAuth,s_player_removeFlagAuth,s_player_guardToggle,s_player_getTargetUID,
                s_player_giveBaseOwnerAccess,s_player_gateActions,s_player_addGateAuthorization,s_player_removeGateAuthorization,s_player_roofToggle,
                s_player_disarmBomb,s_player_bbLightMenu,s_player_bbZombieShield_on,s_player_bbZombieShield_off,s_player_inflameBarrels,
                s_player_inflameBarrels,s_player_deflameBarrels,s_player_tent_build,s_player_tent_cancel,s_admin_disarm,s_normal_disarm,s_admin_removal,s_normal_removal,
                previewAction,restablishAction,attachGroundAction,finishAction,repositionAction,cancelAction

Back