Epoch Custom Loadouts

It would require a fair bit of programming, was thinking to edit an sqf file, for referencing the players UIDs. This could be updated from a restarter application inbetween restarts (when the files are unlocked). User data could be transferred from the database this way.

I edit my config file to change the GMT settings so the time is always correct in dayZ Commander this way.

Might be easier to wait for the update, HIVE:999 problem may be getting a fix soon. I have tried a different version of Rajkosto's hive, same issue. Even tried applying the hive used by Reality/Bliss, loaded quicker but the minefield to debug that properly would take some time, missing HIVE methods and different schema entirely..

Am looking at different possible ways, maybe using the existing schema to sneak some settings in somewhere..

Sorry for the necro but, I've found a little issue that might bug some server owners.

With this solution, every player who dies as infected, and respawns as a zombie will also have the weapons described in the loadout, so you'll end up having a zombie with a gun running around. o_O

good point, need to check on startup if player is infected. I thought that it already did that as I have just added it where the normal loadout is set.

Have you confirmed this ?

At this moment, using the server_playerLogin.sqf "bypass" simply adds up to a normal player's starting loadout (he will still spawn with the standard Epoch flashlight and whatnot), and overrides when there should be no loadout (aka, spawning as a zombie).

I'm still looking for a better way to deal with this since, apparently, using the init.sqf configurations (as suggested by the Epoch wiki too) seems to either not work or break player spawning, on my server.

Using the init.sqf works perfectly for me on 1.0.2.4

Code:
// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 5; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 500; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 500; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 10; // Default = 30

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","glock17_EP1"];

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;
That's how mine is set up in init.sqf, you would of course change the items to what you have in mind.

Using the init.sqf works perfectly for me on 1.0.2.4

Code:
// DayZ Epoch config
spawnShoremode = 1; // Default = 1 (on shore)
spawnArea= 1500; // Default = 1500
MaxHeliCrashes= 5; // Default = 5
MaxVehicleLimit = 500; // Default = 50
MaxDynamicDebris = 500; // Default = 100
dayz_MapArea = 14000; // Default = 10000
dayz_maxLocalZombies = 10; // Default = 30

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine","ItemBloodbag","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","glock17_EP1"];

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];
dayz_fullMoonNights = true;
That's how mine is set up in init.sqf, you would of course change the items to what you have in mind.

Did you also comment the lines out in server_playerLogin.sqf, or did you just add it to he mission's init.sqf?

Last time I tried, it didn't work at all, it was simply overwritten.

Did you also comment the lines out in server_playerLogin.sqf, or did you just add it to he mission's init.sqf?

Last time I tried, it didn't work at all, it was simply overwritten.

Tried this last night, didn't need to comment out anything in server_playerLogin.sqf. Worked fine.

i think this is from kikyou. i dont rem where i got it from but wouldnt this work too?
Code:
//Custom Loadout
waitUntil { !isNil ("PVDZ_plr_LoginRecord") and
!(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and
typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and
!(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and
(typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or
typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and
!(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and
(typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or
typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };
//if they're a bambi
if (PVCDZ_plr_Login2 select 2) then {
    //customised loadout for members
    //remove weapons
        player removeWeapon "DDOPP_X26";
        player removeMagazines "DDOPP_1Rnd_X26";
    //add weapons
        player addWeapon "glock17_EP1";
        player addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17";
        player addMagazine "17Rnd_9x19_glock17";
        player addMagazine "HandRoadFlare";
    //add tools
        player addWeapon "ItemMap";
};

im actually using what i just posted and it works without issues. it allows me to differentiate between donators registered members and others. With a few modifications that is 8)

Back