HALO Jump On Spawn! - Tutorial

unkinhead

Halo Jump On Spawn
By: Unkinhead
Credits: Hangender, VentZero
Ok guys, finally got this working, fixing all the problems involved. This is for spawning in, in the middle of a halo jump only! For the option to halo jump out of a chopper, please see my other tutorial.​
in your dayz_server.pbo, open server_playerSetup.sqf, change this line:​
Code:
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state];
to:​
Code:
dayzPlayerLogin2 = [_worldspace,_state, _randomSpot];
Download the attached files (zip), and put fn_halo.sqf and haloInit.sqf in your fixes folder (mission.pbo). If you don't have a "fixes" folder in your mission, create one, then put the files in it.​
open init.sqf and go to the end and add these lines:​
Code:
//HALO SPAWN SCRIPT

bis_fnc_halo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_HALO.sqf";

if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayz_Totalzedscheck") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
        {
            _pos = position player;
            "respawn_west" setMarkerPos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1];
            [player, 1000] spawn bis_fnc_halo;
        };
    };
};

Now we need to fix the anti-teleport issue in 1.7.6.1 so:​
Find player_monitor.fsm in your @DayZ folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\dayz_code\system) --- you must unpack your dayz_code.pbo to see the file ---​
Place that file (player_monitor.fsm) in your fixes folder as well.​
Edit it, and find:​

Code:
 "[] execVM ""\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf"";" \n

Now replace it with:​
Code:
// "[] execVM ""\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf"";" \n
Open init.sqf and find:​
Code:
_playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
Replace it with:​
Code:
_playerMonitor =    [] execFSM "fixes\player_monitor.fsm";
Repack and upload! Enjoy!​

Attachments

• fixes.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 1,771
Is it possible to make it so players only spawn in like this if it is there first time on the server or they have just died? I'm assuming you would have to be able to get the script to check the database for an alive player in the survivor table. However, I have no idea how to do this. lol

hello. when i use this script, it wouldnt save after the halo jump. somthing to do about that?

Is it possible to make it so players only spawn in like this if it is there first time on the server or they have just died? I'm assuming you would have to be able to get the script to check the database for an alive player in the survivor table. However, I have no idea how to do this. lol

To add a check for new/respawned players, change this

Code:
if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
        {
            _pos = position player;
        };

To this

Code:
if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2 && dayzPlayerLogin select 4) then
        {
            _pos = position player;
        };

Does anyone have a fix for the player save issue? Till there is a force save fix, I don't understand how this possibly works for anyone.

Does anyone have a fix for the player save issue? Till there is a force save fix, I don't understand how this possibly works for anyone.

i definetly tried it out last night, was a major failure. was going to try again when pop was down, but i dont think its a working script.

Can anyone confirm if this work? I am interested in one that works 100% with no flaws.

Cheers,
Kash

Works like a charm on my server. Minor issue, with the player save, however just don't log out and in instantly after you have gotten a new weapon ;)

Back