HALO Jumps for dayz

I have too many projects going on right now. But once I wrap a few of them up, I will start testing the ways it screws up. I think that the playerlogin2 work around is needed, but we can fix each problem individually. There is always another way, but that seems like the only way I, personally, am going to figure it out. It may be a week or so before I even get to touching it.

do you know how to put this into tavi? im not good at all at scripting but really want to add if i had a step by step i could put it in im sure of it. i have done it with other custom stuff that i have added

i use laptop to use Halo jump and select on map to teleport to where to jump but when i click on the map it do halo but on the ground (only 1 feet :D) then i open chute and died can somebody help me ?

Attachments

• dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
    307.5 KB · Views: 24
Has anyone gotten the parachute - on - spawn part working by itself?

I have been toying around with it after coming across this thread for a day or so, at first I was getting a "cannot count magazines" error, but I think that was related to another thing (trying to spawn random inventory on a pwnz0r hive is my other current issue).

If anyone could give me a few pointers, I would appreciate it. 1.7.6.1, pwnzor hive, sarge ai, chernarus.

Ok, got this working perfectly. If you look at post #135 from D3phil, use that method you can get it working, to start. Then the anti-teleport problem comes into play.

To counter act this, you are going to need to get into the dayz_code.pbo and get the real player_monitor.FSM. I would post mine, but mine has some SERIOUS mods in it, so if someone has a clean version, please post it for everyone else. Dayz.st renters will NOT be able to get a hold of the real one themselves, as the only accessible one to you is your client side which is just a line to open the server side one.

Inside player_monitor.FSM you need to find the ANTIHACKS section and just take it out. That is the cause of all these damn server problems from 1.7.6 where people teleport across the map accidentally, respawn all fucked up, and all the other crap. You will have the same protection as you did in 1.7.5.#.

I stumbled upon this fix through a round about way, and I am testing it as fast as a low man server can, but so far so good. I wish my server would get populated so I could test all this stuff for everyone. I always start it on my dedicated test server, then put it into the main server when it is working well.

Let me know how everything turns out!

Edit## Make sure in your Init.sqf you reference the player_monitor.fsm with the line
Code:
_playerMonitor =    [] execFSM "player_monitor.fsm";

Replacing the old _playerMonitor line (near the top underneath the preprocesses
and then place the player_monitor.fsm inside your PBO. You can, obviously, put it in a folder and just ref access it as "otherfolder\player_monitor.fsm"

Bad news, and good news. After self testing the shit out of this, I logged out and back in and respawned on the coast falling. The good news: it doesn't respawn you when you change skins. The only thing that needs to be done is to set a force save at the end of the halo jump, so when you land, you force save yourself into the database. Once that happens, it will be back up and running full speed.

If someone does come up with a force save, or knows how to make that happen, let me know, and I will implement it and put together the scripting.

can someone post a script with instructions or the files for the pbo? for someone that has full access i have a server at my house running dayzcc and want to add this but i need to know where to post the script and while you have fixes posting on here across all 9 pages trying to put them all together is very confusing. i just got the lift script in my server now this is my next project!

im also running tavi 2.0 and dayz 1.7.4.4

Once I get a force save and see if it works, I will write up a full tutorial start to finish of how to get this going. For the record, it is going to be a beast to implement at this point, as you will be changing the Battleye script.txt, the player_monitor.fsm, the init.sqf, the compiles.sqf, and adding in a folder with (so far) 3 extra files. For each file, there must be references, so it will be a project. Right now, you do not want to implement this. You will kill whatever player base you have due to the fact that it screws up spawn mechanics.

Two things to think on:
1. My roommate pointed out that even if it saves you on the ground, if it is fucking up the way the game accesses the database or spawn mechanics, would force saving upon landing really help? Or would you just be put back at the point where you landed and force saved. I am thinking that because it jumps you in the air and you use the _randomspot, you never actually get put in the database, so maybe it would.

2. Point 1 is counteracted by the fact that I never actually went back in my server and removed the _randomspot. I left it in there, and taking out the HALO spawn script in the init fixed it. It makes me second guess where I stand on this subject. Perhaps we need to take a look at the init.sqf HALO Spawn script and see if that is causing the problem rather than the _randomspot. And, I need to check if, when HALO spawned, the new UID is put into the database properly to confirm this forcesave idea. If it does, then we are back to square one.

Any helpful inputs out there?

I will pot this on my dayzcc thread as well to see if we can get any others over there to put in any input. Also is this going to be map specific? Or should the scripts work on any of the maps?

I'm with Dayz.ST, I simply changed up my init.sqf a bit had it point to a player_monitor.sqf which in turn pointed at the player_monitor.fsm that I have edited. That teleport shit they put in this latest patch fucks this game up so bad... Messes with tons of my custom stuff.

I'm with Dayz.ST, I simply changed up my init.sqf a bit had it point to a player_monitor.sqf which in turn pointed at the player_monitor.fsm that I have edited. That teleport shit they put in this latest patch fucks this game up so bad... Messes with tons of my custom stuff.

That is exactly what I had to do.

sschwarz25 so are you going to post that guide now so i can add it to my tavi server? or is it still not working yet?

It still does not work properly. if you log out, you will log back in completely fresh. That is no fun at all. Need to find this last fix. Currently, my server is having a slight issue with people spawning in all sorts of broken, knocked out, or unable to interact with objects, so I am on project hiatus until I fix it.

It still does not work properly. if you log out, you will log back in completely fresh. That is no fun at all. Need to find this last fix. Currently, my server is having a slight issue with people spawning in all sorts of broken, knocked out, or unable to interact with objects, so I am on project hiatus until I fix it.
I was spawning in with broken legs or knocked out when I had too much in my custom loadout. And had a problem with people not being able to interact with stuff (twice) once because I had ai group civillian set as enemy, and again when I was testing skins. Some skins wont allow you to enter some vehicles. Hope this helps.

does any one know how to at least implement halo jumping with out spawning? and i find it hard to beleave that there is someone here that knows how to implement the force saves

I just bought a new server (taviana) and for the compiles.sqf do i get it of the Dayz 1.7.4.4 dayz_code.pbo or the Taviana 2.0 dayz_code.pbo, i dont about taviana editing so if someone could help me that would be great

Back