Question about Gear/Vehicle Choices for the mod

If I may, I believe what Deathcall is talking about, is this. I'd rather be the guy on the ground hiding in a bush with a shot gun, than the guy sitting in the gunner seat all exposed ontop of a BTR-90 or LAV-25. Gunners on those light armored vehicles are taken out FREQUENTLY because they are very exposed. Same could be said for the gunner of a PK pickup truck.

The variety of vehicles and weapons, which yes are not vanilla or "very Dayz", are a very nice addition to servers when done right.

Lets be honest here, if a Zombie apocalypse were to happen tomorrow, that wouldn't mean all the decent military grade weaponry and vehicles disappear off the planet, they would be extremely rare, just like they should be if put into the game.

Well, i has added your CfgWeapons and CfgVehicles for the next Patch. I'll release the next patch soon as I can.

We'll get you a working version of the ammo and magazine CFGs so these things work, otherwise, we'll get a bunch of vehicles with weapons that shoot blanks!

Will try to have it done later tonight, got to head to work for a couple hours.

No clue if we need a special bannfile for Ammo and the Magazines because I can unbann all Magazines und Ammo's this does not matter.

Educate me please! Which ones?
Besides that, you yourself describe how your server has a very complicated system of balance with lots of heavy weaponry. I wouldn't want to play DayZ on such a server; I'll play Wasteland when I want such an experience. To each his own.

That said, your server sounds cool, great work on setting things up like you did.

Well, many mods have new weapons enabled and among them are several high caliber LMGs (and snipers AND vehicles). It might not be common place in vanilla, but trust me, now that most admins have figured out how to modify loot spawns, many servers offer a wide variety of weapons.

In any case...

Talking from experience here, and at the risk of repeating myself, the best way to keep a server populated is offering players lots of things to do in order to avoid the lack of end-game present in the current versions of DayZ. Survival will only get you so far before you start getting utterly bored.

Even with the new land mass added, Lingor is small, there's no real possibility of making "camps" and without a housing system like Origins (which has it's failures as well) there's simply no staying power.

We've found out that by providing the players a wide variety of weapons and vehicles, as well as custom locations to go loot or try to take control over (usually placed in key points around the map where action is usually slow or at choke points) we give the player base reasons to keep on playing after they get their favorite weapon.

Situations arise that call the attention of the player base, like a group running around in an LAV owning people, which encourages people to work together to take it down (even if just so they can do the same thing, thus creating a cycle that ends with the destruction of the vehicle and people feeling they've accomplished something).

Hell, I got dared by another admin yesterday to take out an M2 Humvee with side-arms only, and let me tell you it was a lot of fun.

And fun is what it's all about. Sure, vanilla DayZ appeals to a lot of people - me included - but as I said, it has no staying power. You need to keep the player base interested, you need to keep them entertained. The only way we at THG have found to do that is to give players more and more things to deal with, be it weapons, vehicles, locations, custom events, anything that might make them say: "Hey, that was cool! I want me some more of that!".

No clue if we need a special bannfile for Ammo and the Magazines because I can unbann all Magazines und Ammo's this does not matter.

Alrighty! Even better.

If you are interested, I've got 1797 custom vehicle spawn locations (for the DB) I made for our old Lingor server. It pretty much negates vehicle spawn camping. It's outdated - of course -, and it doesn't include any of the new unbanned vehicles, but it's still a great addition to our server since it randomized the vehicles pretty well, so there's no "Lets go there, there's always X vehicle there!".

If you are interested, I've got 1797 custom vehicle spawn locations (for the DB) I made for our old Lingor server. It pretty much negates vehicle spawn camping.
I could add you to my Private Repo and you can add it then but i recommend to add me firstly

Well, i has added your CfgWeapons and CfgVehicles for the next Patch. I'll release the next patch soon as I can.

I'm curious if you copy pasted the CfgWeapons I linked you, because I hadn't added in any // to unban them.

Just checking.

Hi Skaronator about the ban list. Any chance of just removing it like epoch? most people are using some sort of anti hacks now. I would like the jets and choppers unbanned because I want to have npc a10's, blackhawks etc flying around like I do on epoch.

Back