R3F Logistics help

Inkko

Valued Member!
I am trying to add in R3F logistics with no luck so far. The current mods I have right now are, piXel's Dayz mission addin (serverside scripts) which I have added auto refuel into, and my own dynamic weather. I only want the towing vehicles chunk of the script so I had attempted setting the artillery part to disabled. My first attempt led me to script restriction #84 which I got past, then I got stuck on #253. Can anyone help me with this? I'm totally lost now..

Or better yet just a simple vehicle towing script. Something where a Ural could tow a UAZ but a GAZ couldn't tow a Ural.

Would really want the same, the R3F logistics is a pain to install imo. Must be some sort of simple towing script out there.

I finally got R3F logistics installed by following the PDF but I think I'm missing some other steps in setting it up since I get no new options added in to tow any vehicles.

I have R3F Logistics working somewhat on our server (helicopters can lift) and loading in is possible with atvs motorcycles etc. However I cannot for the life of me get towing to work. Whenever I try editing the config files to allow certain vehicles to tow it just totally breaks the entire logistics package? Would someone mind explaining to me why everything i'm trying isnt working?

I've tried adding the tow vehicles in the proper config sections, and i've also tried this
R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs
[
if ((_vehicle isKindOf "Ural_Base") || (_vehicle isKindOf "UAZ_Unarmed_Base"))
];

/**
* List of class names of towables objects.
* Liste des noms de classes des objets remorquables.
*/
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables
[
if ((_vehicle isKindOf "Ural_Base") || (_vehicle isKindOf "UAZ_Unarmed_Base"))
];

But so far everything just absolutely breaks the logistics package. I've also tried with Battle eye off and other numerous permutations of the same thing. Any thoughts? What the hell am I doing wrong (its been a while since i've done any coding)

You can find me on skype too if its convenient. (FAQdaWorld there as well)

I can get the caro part working, but the heli lift and towing part do not work for me. Its maddening trying to figure it out.

Got this finally working after FAQdaWorld saved me from all the trouble I was having with it. After I got it working I added in the auto refill stations and piXel's server side addin which are included in the attached pbo. I'll upload my mission pbo for others that are having trouble. I have edited the R3F files to the point where only towing is active. I will upload my scripts.txt as well.

To edit the R3F vehicles that can tow/ lift script/ cargo. You can find the file to do that in R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_ objects.sqf

R3F Logistics
Addin (Server Side)
Auto Refill Stations

Attachments

• dayz_mission.pbo
    269.5 KB · Views: 328
  • scripts.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 302
Got this finally working after FAQdaWorld saved me from all the trouble I was having with it. After I got it working I added in the auto refill stations and piXel's server side addin which are included in the attached pbo. I'll upload my mission pbo for others that are having trouble. I have edited the R3F files to the point where only towing is active.

To edit the R3F vehicles that can tow/ lift script/ cargo. You can find the file to do that in R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_ objects.sqf

R3F Logistics
Addin (Server Side)
Auto Refill Stations
Thank you LOADS!

Glad I could help (we helped eachother actually, still had some kinks to work out!). If you are going to skype me at least please make an attempt to get it working on your own!

Actually I havent tested that. I get the feeling it will not. Vehicles do not save after having been lifted or towed unless you get into / out of them (part of the autosave feature of dayz) accessing the gear also may do this. I know we had a heli that was loaded with an atv and motorcycle and was ultimately destroyed. We thought we had lost everything but next server restart the motorcycle and the atv were back on the ground at our base right where we had left them.

Question.... Does your script.txt bypass the setpos.txt effect of claiming vehicles are being teleported causing instant ban? Had this happen to me last night after I finally got the towing and lift script working, I picked up a ural with a huey and went to drop it and was instant banned off my own server for teleporting. I thought I had updated my script.txt but appartently not. If at all possible, could someone check my script.txt while I see if I am globally banned or not since it was 2am and I had to work in the morning, I said screw it and went to bed and haven't checked.

Also, how do you go about unbanning yourself from the local ban since I know theres no way from a global ban.

Attachments

• scripts.txt
    45.4 KB · Views: 44
dayZ_instance = 111;//The instance

What does the number refer to? I'm running private Bliss hive.

Cheers in advance :D

You will have to dumb that down for me lol. I've only been hosting for a month and so i'm not very well versed in this sort of thing.

You need to edit the bans.txt file. Delete your guid. If you are using Gotcha u can remove ban from there.

If you use Gotcha, it will catch you for setpos when you drop a vehicle that is heli lifted. You can remove that filter from Gotcha but I think that would make it also stop catching teleporters.

@Stig
The dayz_instance refers to the bliss database number, my bliss database is bliss_111 and my other server is bliss_3675 so i would change it to dayz_instance=3675;
Some hosts have it to where all chernarus servers are instance 1. I will make a short tutorial for adding it to your mission file.

You should already have a mission pbo that is extracted and have opened that folder.

1. In your dayz mission folder open init.sqf and addto the very last line. It should be placed on a new line after the last closing bracket.
Code:
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

2. Open description.ext and add on a new line above RscText.
Code:
#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h"

class RscTitles
{
#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_rsct_include.h"
};
If you have other scritpts that already define class RscTitles then remove it so that it will look like this.
Code:
#include "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h"

example position

Code:
aiKills = 1;
diagRadio = 1;
diagHit = 1;

class RscTitles
{
};

class RscText
{
    type = 0;
    idc = -1;
    x = 0;
    y = 0;

3. The attached zip contains the R3F logistics folder that needs to placed in the main directory of your mission folder. the folders main directory should look similar to this then.

R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG (folder)
description.ext
init.sqf
mission.sqm

Attachments

• R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 200
Back