Release 2.2.1 (For DayZ 1.7.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing some "research" on IceBreakr's website he firstly states 'inspiration were countries such as Venezuela & Colombia'.

About the different militaries on Lingor he says:
'Dictator (...) attracts friend among US and EU politicians. Government army (GAL - Government Army of Lingor) (...) It is also well known fact that US and UK and some other European armies train their specops in the highly-humid and mosquito-infested forests of Lingor.
Southern part is a hiding place for many escaped convicts, drug dealers and rebel faction (ARL - Armadas Revolucionarias de Lingor) that is fighting for the control of the island.'

From this I conclude that Lingor can have American, British and European weapons and also possibly AK-type weapons or other Russian weapons used by the rebels.

So.. You can pretty much add whichever weapon addon you want :).

Venezuela and Colombia are continental counties, not islands like Lingor.

If you were to ask me what weapons make sense for Lingor, then you'd have to determine Lingor's historical background and current political alignment.

Lingor seems to be a caribbean republic, meaning, it could be analogous to Cuba. We could transfer the "cuban missile crisis" to Lingor and say that both Rusia and the US have some presence in the island. We also know that Lingor has plenty of crude oil, and we know how the Americans are about their petrol.

We know, from Icebreaker, that Lingor is governed by a dictatorship (El Presidente) and that there's revolutionaries armies in the midts. If we pair this with Lingor's richness in Oil and typical 3rd world country economy, that means that it's most likely multi-national companies who are responsible for the extraction and refining facilities. Giving the state of political unrest, it's very likely that PMCs (Private Military Companies) would be hired to make sure that both instalations and workers are kept safe.

Icebreaker also chose to create two "Research Labs" in Lingor. A very interesting thing to work with. Letting our imagination free for a bit, we could say that Lingor is also rich in rare-plants and fauna, and that multi-national pharmaceutical companies have taken interest in the small archipelago. Financing from these companies could fuel a war economy worthy of much bigger countries. Allowing the country to acquire weapons both expensive and rare.

Factoring possible drug cartels working on the Archipelago (which is quite possible, specially if you consider that Icebreaker based himself on Venezuela and Colombia), the kinds of weapons available on the island would be pretty varied indeed.

EDIT

Since Skaronator is adding new islands to the map, it'd be worth thinking about adding a new section and making Lingor the "Gibraltar of The Caribbean", bringing in the British (and their guns) into the mix.

Since Skaronator is adding new islands to the map, it'd be worth thinking about adding a new section and making Lingor the "Gibraltar of The Caribbean", bringing in the British (and their guns) into the mix.
IceBrakr is working on the new Lingor Update ;) Lingor is too small to add new section's and we can not change the Mapsize it's break all missions.

god damn it >.< i tho u say u still need some time...and finally!!! love it and i will try to give u a report after i have test the newest lingor map

and just wonder,Skaro. do u know how to add Sarge AI script to ur map?(lingor)? i do the exactly same on the original map to the lingor

Well.....i think the only thing that is not perfect is only the UH new sound, when i was trying to turn on and off in a second, the sound is kinda weird...i just don't know how to say.....and the other personal problem that i had always annoy u is the refuel speed....the speed does lower down...but i think is still fast....with a heli's that only have 1/10 fuels and go to the gas station...it will only takes 10 seconds or less to fully refuel...have u seen the Taviana map refuel speed..? thats the one i really wish u can do..i know i am to picky and i am sorry:(

Skaro, i found out there are also few bugs including in the map if u want to listen.
1. when you press G for gear you should have words at the bottom says Drop,Take,Open. but those words doesn't show up.
2. sometimes when the other players put items on the ground the other players can have (gear) when using the mouse wheel,but the other players cannot see and grab anything. Simply saids that other players cannot pick up other players stuff.
3.when you pick up the (item) and logout right away u can save that (item) but when you drink or eat and logout right away you will keep the staus before u had drink or eat. but the food or water are gone.

hope this will help u in the next release!

and one my suggestions only, the newest island you had add on the east(the big one) everythings is great, but do u think u can add a supermarket? haha. so every buildings are included

and also one questions, did u delete all the roadblocks? becoz i don't have to do anything in my init.sqf to make the roadblocks disappear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back