[Release] - BTC Fast Roping

inside your compiles.sqf you commented out
Code:
    fnc_usec_unconscious =        compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_unconscious.sqf";
AFTER the line you modified in it. so basically u didnt run that function.

also inside that other so called needed compiles file, only had the exact same line which u edited already
Code:
fnc_usec_selfActions =            compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";            // fnc_usec_selfActions - adds custom actions to dayz code
and commented out fnc_usec_unconsious aswell while doing so.

Any way to make this not kill you if you quick rope to a building roof? Testing a few times killed the guy every time roping onto Devils Castle tower
I'm working out a solution. I may have something, but it has a tendency to screw up the player and pretend that they've stopped fast roping about 10m from the ground.

I'll be pushing for an update by Saturday.

Me and a friend was testing this on my server and the only time either of us died was if we fast roped when the chopper was moving. other then that we always survived and even fast roped onto a building top a couple of times.

What kind of building was it? We've got 100% reproducible. Fly chopper above any building thats more than 20m tall. Set chopper alt to anything allowing fast rope onto building. Passenger Fast Ropes. Passenger dies as soon as he hits the "Ground"

one was the roof of a castle and the other was a big square building lol. not sure what its called but it has a couple of chimneys next to it, and to get off the roof you need to go down a ladder to a lower roof off the side and then down another ladder from there to the floor.

Well, I have a loop that prevents the falling velocity, but I don't know if it will be efficient.
I will be doing some tests tonight with a friend.

I can't figure out why this won't work. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the code right. I have the files in addons and my init reads

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; 
};

//R3F Towing and shit
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf";

(that's clipped from the bottom)

I'd attach my pbo but I can't figure out how to haha..can anyone tell me if that code is in the right spot? (I'm testing this with a UH-60 as the server has rmod) also..does someone else have to be in the heli for me to deploy rope? if that's the case that may be my problem all along.. :p

EDIT: Here's a link to my pbo...still can't figure out how to get it to attach on here though..

http://www.mediafire.com/?p5e39178cn0n26k

I can't figure out why this won't work. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the code right. I have the files in addons and my init reads

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
};

//R3F Towing and shit
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

sleep 1; _fast_rope = [] execVM "addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf";

(that's clipped from the bottom)

I'd attach my pbo but I can't figure out how to haha..can anyone tell me if that code is in the right spot? (I'm testing this with a UH-60 as the server has rmod) also..does someone else have to be in the heli for me to deploy rope? if that's the case that may be my problem all along.. :p

EDIT: Here's a link to my pbo...still can't figure out how to get it to attach on here though..

http://www.mediafire.com/?p5e39178cn0n26k

no u can deploy any time. as pilot.

just looking at your pbo im noticing a very messy like atitude. why do you have two compiles.sqf

Found your issue, take a look at BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf

Code:
#include "=BTC=_functions.sqf"
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
BTC_AI_fast_rope_on_deploy = 1;
BTC_roping_chopper = ["MH60S","UH60M_EP1","UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","AH6X_DZ","MH6J_DZ"];
{
    _rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
    _rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
    _out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
} foreach (nearestObjects [[3000,3000,0], BTC_roping_chopper, 50000]);

now you want to change the path to your files because you dont have a folder called "=BTC=_fast_roping" , copy the below code and paste over your BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf.

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
BTC_roping_chopper = ["MH60S","UH60M_EP1","UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ","AH6X_DZ","MH6J_DZ"];
{
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
_out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

and btw your serverpic.jpg can be downgraded to atleast 40kb. use photoshop or somthing and save it as less resolution.
cheers

just looking at your pbo im noticing a very messy like atitude. why do you have two compiles.sqf

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{
    _rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
    _rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
    _out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

now you want to change the path to your files because you dont have a folder called "=BTC=_fast_roping" , copy the below code and paste over your BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf.

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
_out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","addons\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

and btw your serverpic.jpg can be downgraded to atleast 40kb. use photoshop or somthing and save it as less resolution.
cheers

The messy attitude isn't my doing.. I just recently took over the scripting job :p I'm still trying to figure out where to find stuff haha and the double compiles is because one loads regular function the other loads customs. Probably doesn't need to be that way, but hey it works :D. I'll test the changes and let you know if it fixes it..thanks for the help. (And yes...that server pic definitely could use a resizing..)

I have heard a few people have the problem of their players dying when executing this script, for me i just tell people to hover around 10m and only 2 people have died since.

Also some people are saying about adding a climb rope feature but wouldn't that make this a bit unrealistic? I don't know about you guys but I don't think a lot of people in real life could climb a 15m rope that is swaying :p But that is just my opinion :D

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{

cheers

I edited your edited code a little. As my BTC files don't have the "=BTC=" they just read "BTC", unfortunately it still didn't work :( I believe we're adding rmod2 to the server which adds fast roping if I'm not mistaken..I'd still like to get the script working in the mean time though. Any ideas? (This time I tested it with the MH6J since someone blew up the UH60 lol.)

oops you dont have = signs in the file names either.

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
_out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

This is how my code currently looks but it still isn't working. :\

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Deploy rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_deploy_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] != ""1"" && ((getPos _target) select 2) < BTC_fast_rope_h && speed _target < 2"];
_rope = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Cut rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_cut_rope],7,true,false,"","player == driver _target && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];
_out  = _x addaction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Fast rope") + "</t>","addons\BTC_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_fast_rope],7,true,false,"","player in (assignedCargo _target) && format [""%1"",_target getVariable ""BTC_rope""] == ""1"""];

This is how my code currently looks but it still isn't working. :\

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21;
{
Try the example mission.

Is this working ok now or do people still die from it?

I haven't had a problem when using the script posted on here.

I'll be testing it out on other maps the week of June 3rd (I will have some free time afterwards)
I have been working on a better roping mechanic.

I Follow the instructions and also downloaded yours but each time it's not working, my RPT Keeps saying:

Code:
 3:09:23 Error in expression <C_fast_roping_init.sqf"
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21; >
3:09:23  Error position: <= 21; >
3:09:23  Error Missing ;
3:09:23 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf, line 1
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21; >
3:09:23 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf, line 1

I Have the 3 files with addons, and added the execvm to the end of the init file, but still getting the above everytime.

I Follow the instructions and also downloaded yours but each time it's not working, my RPT Keeps saying:

Code:
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21; >
BTC_fast_rope_h = 21; >

I Have the 3 files with addons, and added the execvm to the end of the init file, but still getting the above everytime.
Might be another mod that you are using.
Check out the line before you execute BTC_fast_roping_init.sqf

Back