Release: Player2's Knockout

Hey, first off. Awesome job with the tutorial, really easy to follow. But i've ran into a bug that after you get the "knockout" option it doesn't dissapear for well over 100m+. I was wondering if the option was on a timer or went off distance? (Its the same for all 3 options, Primary, Crowbar and nothing) Because If someone could give me a clue how to set it so the option was only at close range it would be awesome!

taviana uses some older coding i believe, there is probably just a line in a wrong place, or a file being located to the wrong location. Check the links to files, there is some in p2's tutorial, the other is in one of the knockout pages he gave. I had a similiar problem on our Panthera server as we used some of the older coding mixed with the new to fix loot issues

This was working completely fine, until I added:

[1.7.6.1] New Antihack Script
http://opendayz.net/threads/1-7-6-1-new-antihack-script.8552/

Now when players have the crowbar in their hands, we do not get the scroll option for knockout.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the Antihack script is stopping it from working?

The antihack removes player actions not defined in the script

Add
Code:
s_player_knockout

To the list of player actions already in the script and it will work.

sometimes player, fall down without sand clocks after knockout, and if someone give Epinephrine, user can run around or anything else, but he is invisible, and still leg at that point at another players screen. Can you fix it?

i put all the stuff in knock out comes up but just bend over and the guy you knockout has nothing done to him any ideas?

I'm having the same issue as above. Any insight as to what it could be?
--------------
EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong. For me personally, I had the scripts in a different folder and the call for it in the code above, was calling from a fixes folder, which I had named differently. Works great, fantastic work, my players love it!

I have successfully installed this into my server with all the addons I use, including basebuilding... but i had to install it slightly different. I can share the differences i used if anyone has tried to add this while using basebuilding. The new way i used uses less of the original dayz_code and adds the lines into the basebuilding, except for the Event Handler wich you must create a one line sqf for it.

Hi Player 2,

Got a major problem with the code, once a player has targeted a player (so the knockout option appears on the scroll menu and he has knocked him out once) he can continue to knock him out when the player is up to 400 meters away.

Is there a way to fix this? I do hope so as my players love this script but as it is it's not usuable because of this glitch.

Kind regards

Mac

Everything works for me except one thing. The command to knockout seems to keep refreshing (don't know how to explain it better) so when you highlight it, it refreshes and you need to reselect it. This continues to happen unless you click knockout fast enough then it works.

I have successfully installed this into my server with all the addons I use, including basebuilding... but i had to install it slightly different. I can share the differences i used if anyone has tried to add this while using basebuilding. The new way i used uses less of the original dayz_code and adds the lines into the basebuilding, except for the Event Handler wich you must create a one line sqf for it.

Do you get the issue where players can repeatedly knock out players from 500+ meters away once they have knocked someone out? I also get the same 'refreshing' command problem as Kilgath. If it works the way you have done it can you share the code?

Download the files from the link below this line. Copy the Dayz_code and Fixes into your mission file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwojxps1byp6604/Dayz.lingor.rar

Make this part of your mission file look exactly like this
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initializes custom variables
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\settings.sqf"; //Initialize custom clientside settings
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\building_spawnLoot.sqf";

The rest of the tutorial is essentially the same. I just moved the publicEH.sqf to make it much smaller as i have a nearly 5mb mission file already, mostly from pictures in basebuilding.

The rest of the tutorial is essentially the same. I just moved the publicEH.sqf to make it much smaller as i have a nearly 5mb mission file already, mostly from pictures in basebuilding.

Ta for that, does your version fix the knockout from a distance bug, players can knock out a player they knocked out earlier from 500+ meters?

Kind regards

Mac

Back