SARGE AI Framework - Public Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
still alittle lost, Static, predefined infantry patrols in defined areas with configurable units?

// Example entries:
// SARGE DEBUG - Debug group
// military, 0 snipers, 1 riflemen, patrol
//[SAR_marker_DEBUG,1,0,1,"fortify",true] call SAR_AI;

am i getting closer?

shouldnt be an issue then. 100 AI will take a while to spawn though, if you switch the UPSMON debug on, you can see the markers on the map if you are the first to join your server - they are stacked at 0,0 and are moved to the real position then.

Do me a favour please ... it took me weeks, not hours, to program this.

Would you be so kind and invest minutes of your time to read the documentation and check the relevant files (SAR_config.sqf, e.g.).

Thx, Sarge

I read all files in map_config/addons and figure out how change npc weapons, group sizes, chances etch... but couldnt find how to add/change/remove what they carry with themself. :(
At least please tell me, is it in ADDONS\SARGE\map_config or \ADDONS\SARGE?

Only in SAR_cfg_grps_namalsk file i found something about loot they carry.

my base cords are (065011) how would i do this? only Soldiers npcs and only like 2 grps.

please help me! your the best

Attachments

• SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf
    11 KB · Views: 5
Per the AI stealing choppers. I did some additional testing and it's confirmed they don't steal cars, but will jack any heli they see anywhere, and proceed to crash them....

We need to find a way to fix this, my regulars are so pissed off I had to turn off the AI altogether until we can find a fix.

Also I turned off all but a few grids for AI, and only have them spawning at NEA/NWA but there are some groups that have been seen as far as south balota. It seems like the girds are spawning is bugged. Im going to try static spawning instead. is this the range they will patrol? _this setMarkerDir 59.354115; or the direction?

I read all files in map_config/addons and figure out how change npc weapons, group sizes, chances etch... but couldnt find how to add/change/remove what they carry with themself. :(
At least please tell me, is it in ADDONS\SARGE\map_config or \ADDONS\SARGE?

Only in SAR_cfg_grps_namalsk file i found something about loot they carry.
No mate,

there's a big config file called SAR_config.sqf in the addons/SARGE directory. That is the one you want to adjust.

Per the AI stealing choppers. I did some additional testing and it's confirmed they don't steal cars, but will jack any heli they see anywhere, and proceed to crash them....

We need to find a way to fix this, my regulars are so pissed off I had to turn off the AI altogether until we can find a fix.

Also I turned off all but a few grids for AI, and only have them spawning at NEA/NWA but there are some groups that have been seen as far as south balota. It seems like the girds are spawning is bugged. Im going to try static spawning instead. is this the range they will patrol? _this setMarkerDir 59.354115; or the direction?

Try to set KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 600; to something like KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 60000;

If they still steal choppers, we found another bug in UPSMON - then i will need to check how we can fix it.

ADDITION - i found the issue. AI will take any COMBAT vehicle if they are in COMBAT - so i assume they stole the armed helis. Let me see if i can fix that.

The spawning works 100% correct, i have never seen groups outside their grids.

The above is the direction /rotation of the marker - so how many degrees the rectangle is rotated. They will patrol the whole size of the marker. (which usually is a rectangle, though if needed you can define an ellipse.

Addition: fixed issue in UPSMON. Uploaded to github. The file you want is UPSMON.sqf

Hey Sarge. I tried your new release on my server and all my players say that for anything from a split second up to 10seconds or so, they can see AI markers (like ESP style) , they also notice group icons appears for a second or two then dissapear in the bottom left (like when you play regular arma and command a troop).. I notice all this as well, so had to remove it and put back the previous version. Everything is spawning as it should, but it just seems there's a bug that momentarily shows players where spawning troops are...

Also since installing your scripts (1.0.3) player bodies despawn within 10 seconds after death. Are you aware of this and do you have a fix? Cheers in advance and thanks for the mod, it's brilliant :D

Hi Mate,

did you disable this one:

Code:
// -----------------------------------------------
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100% DO NOT ENABLE for the time being
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = false;

This should be set to false atm. The group icons should not showup in that case.

The despawning of 10 seconds might either be another AI mod interfereing (do you run any of the other scripts?), or Dayz cleaning up bodies - i have never seen this here though. Does your rpt give you any information ? I would recommend to check your server_cleanup, the diag_log for the delete groups and units is commented out in there, change that and see if dayz deletes the bodies.

Hey buddy,

thx for confirming :) Hows your server ? Gave my AI another try? or still seeing the Taviana lag issue ?

cheers

Sarge
We started playing Arma 3 and got hooked :lol:
I doubt we'll go back to dayz but never say never :)

Hi Mate,

did you disable this one:

Code:
// run fix for the issue that bandits cant travel in a vehicle with survivors EXPERIMENTAL, might not work 100% DO NOT ENABLE for the time being
SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = false;

This should be set to false atm. The group icons should not showup in that case.

The despawning of 10 seconds might either be another AI mod interfereing (do you run any of the other scripts?), or Dayz cleaning up bodies - i have never seen this here though. Does your rpt give you any information ? I would recommend to check your server_cleanup, the diag_log for the delete groups and units is commented out in there, change that and see if dayz deletes the bodies.

I had that set to true.. Such a muppet, sorry mate.. I'll add it all again later... As for the despawning issues I wasn't able to recreate them myself, so I can only assume my players are logging out too quickly or just not as lucky as me :p

Alot of questions asking about how to add pre defined spawns, so here's how i've done it, but Sarge is right, he's commented the code extremely well, and the documentation is first class so please READ it, anyhow here's the code to define a static spawn of soldiers to protect my admin base, you should be able to copy / paste this and edit to your needs, but if that's all you are going to do, then maybe this package isnt for you, you must have some understanding of the code, and the way it works to run this properly imo.

In the cfg_grps sqf add this to define the "area" to patrol

Code:
// SAR Admin Base Patrol
_this = createMarker ["SAR_area_admin", [5969.7983, 13542.099]];
_this setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_this setMarkeralpha 0;
_this setMarkerType "Flag";
_this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
_this setMarkerSize [200, 200];
_this setMarkerDir 120.050;
SAR_marker_admin = _this;

and call it at the end of the file
Code:
// add here if needed

//Admin Base Protection
[SAR_marker_admin,1,2,8,"patrol",true] call SAR_AI;

Sarge can u please make a version that AI shooting will alert zeds so that they will chase them eventhough they will not do any damage to the AI's, thank you very much (really want it)

Also since installing your scripts (1.0.3) player bodies despawn within 10 seconds after death. Are you aware of this and do you have a fix? Cheers in advance and thanks for the mod, it's brilliant :D

I haven't installed the new version yet, but I've had players complain about this with the 1.0.3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back