[Support] DZMS DayZ Mission System

Btw Vamp at first nice scripting

second I did some remodeling on the vehicle

_humm = ["HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_vehicle = createVehicle [_humm,_coords,[], 0, "NONE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

I like to be surprised with some fancy wheels , i just removed the other 2 coz this makes the missions a bit more difficult
1 car and if u shoot/hit it to much , its gonna be a long walk home :oops:

Btw Vamp at first nice scripting

second I did some remodeling on the vehicle

_humm = ["HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_vehicle = createVehicle [_humm,_coords,[], 0, "NONE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

I like to be surprised with some fancy wheels , i just removed the other 2 coz this makes the missions a bit more difficult
1 car and if u shoot/hit it to much , its gonna be a long walk home :oops:

Im in the process of redoing all the missions in the editor so they are all like small map additions themselves, and from that there will be less vehicles at missions. Everything is looking a little more balanced.

ok updated my server last night with the latest on your hub, glad to say text is now displaying on the map stating what the mission is :) (1.8.3 vanilla dayz), 1 thing though, could you please add a version number to the zip files etc in the change log because i dont no if it has been updated only by checking the coding in the scripts :) Nice work thanks

Hey guys.. This is my first post. I am new to owning a Dayz Epoch server. I have fully configured it once (on vilayer), and am now on Dayz ST. The whole pbo thing is quite a bit different. I have figured out how to pbo and unbo and all the directories. Pretty much the same as before. However, When I install ANY AI missions, I get it all in and the server boots up. I log in, and i load to lobby fine, But I get permanently stuck on Waiting For Server To Start Authenticating. No matter which mission system I use. I am quite confused as I just moved to 1.0.4.1 and that's when the problem started for me. I placed the DZMS folder in the root directory of server right and added the script line it calls for. Pretty confused... Thanks for any help guys!

Here's an updated Major SM4.sqf. I forgot to change a local variable.
It should be working now.

https://github.com/SMVampire/DZMS-D...90c604c0ed98e3e8d/DZMS/Missions/Major/SM4.sqf

did you by chance add this to the main github SM4 or should I still use this one to replace the original? Also, am I able to edit the medical box w/out needing to edit code elsewhere? And can I add tools to the weapons crates, I see they are under the epoch section, but Im running vanilla dayz so will there be any issue with the epoch block of code? thanks

did you by chance add this to the main github SM4 or should I still use this one to replace the original? Also, am I able to edit the medical box w/out needing to edit code elsewhere? And can I add tools to the weapons crates, I see they are under the epoch section, but Im running vanilla dayz so will there be any issue with the epoch block of code? thanks

Everything I post here is immediately added to the github. The SM4 fix was added days ago.

The medical contents is located in DZMSBox.sqf in the scripts folder. If you used the code I believe you used for random crates, I think you already know how to edit it. I didn't make the medical array a global because it doesn't contain that many items, since there's only like 5 medical items. I could have added the sepsis wipes vanilla has, but Epoch doesn't have those, which would have caused errors.

You could add tools with a new global array, and just another looping section doing addWeapon from the new array. I actually intended to work on the crates some after I get the current project done before my 1.1 release. I'll be adding some tool items, and some other misc stuff.

For now just make a new array under the medical array:
Code:
_medical = ["ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemEpinephrine","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodMRE","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag"];
_tools = [];

Throw what you want in there, and then add this block of code:
Code:
    // load tools
    _scount = count _tools;
    for "_x" from 0 to 2 do {
        _sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
        _item = _medical select _sSelect;
        _crate addWeaponCargoGlobal [_item,1];
    };

To the weapons area, and the medical if you want.

Heres a copy of DZMSBox with the two loops added to add 2 weapons to each crate, just put the tool classnames in "_tools" as an array.
http://pastebin.com/LeLhC7Ma

Hey guys.. This is my first post. I am new to owning a Dayz Epoch server. I have fully configured it once (on vilayer), and am now on Dayz ST. The whole pbo thing is quite a bit different. I have figured out how to pbo and unbo and all the directories. Pretty much the same as before. However, When I install ANY AI missions, I get it all in and the server boots up. I log in, and i load to lobby fine, But I get permanently stuck on Waiting For Server To Start Authenticating. No matter which mission system I use. I am quite confused as I just moved to 1.0.4.1 and that's when the problem started for me. I placed the DZMS folder in the root directory of server right and added the script line it calls for. Pretty confused... Thanks for any help guys!

Your PBO tool is corrupting your PBO, or it needs a prefix. I havn't encountered the problem myself, so I don't know how to fix it, but if you search the forum I remember seeing it before.

ok updated my server last night with the latest on your hub, glad to say text is now displaying on the map stating what the mission is :) (1.8.3 vanilla dayz), 1 thing though, could you please add a version number to the zip files etc in the change log because i dont no if it has been updated only by checking the coding in the scripts :) Nice work thanks

The version on the github (not in the release section) is always the newest. Essentially the version you download is always working, but if you see me post an update here that interests you, such as a new feature, you can always update.
I would change version numbers, but I change small tiny things fairly often, and its hard for me to choose when to change versions.

What I'm planning on doing is changing the version when I change a large percentage of the files, redo an entire file, or add a new feature.

Everything I post here is immediately added to the github. The SM4 fix was added days ago.

The medical contents is located in DZMSBox.sqf in the scripts folder. If you used the code I believe you used for random crates, I think you already know how to edit it. I didn't make the medical array a global because it doesn't contain that many items, since there's only like 5 medical items. I could have added the sepsis wipes vanilla has, but Epoch doesn't have those, which would have caused errors.

You could add tools with a new global array, and just another looping section doing addWeapon from the new array. I actually intended to work on the crates some after I get the current project done before my 1.1 release. I'll be adding some tool items, and some other misc stuff.

For now just make a new array under the medical array:
Code:
_medical = ["ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemEpinephrine","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottle","FoodMRE","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBloodbag"];
_tools = [];

Throw what you want in there, and then add this block of code:
Code:
    // load tools
    _scount = count _tools;
    };

To the weapons area, and the medical if you want.

Heres a copy of DZMSBox with the two loops added to add 2 weapons to each crate, just put the tool classnames in "_tools" as an array.
http://pastebin.com/LeLhC7Ma

ok cause when I compared the github medical crate to the fix you posted back a few pages they were different so I wasn't sure. Just checked and they're the same so I have no idea wtf I was looking at before lol.
Yea I wanted to add the antibacterial wipes and some heatpacks to the medical and I wasn't sure if I could just edit the code in the crate file or if like the old mission system that would cause problems. Thanks! Btw I loaded it up and its looking great man, awesome job

Question if I want to add tools to the weapons area will this cause an issue?
Code:

and just to clarify, Im making these changes in the DZMSBox.sqf?

Yes for the loop like I posted. It looks like this:
Code:
    // load tools
    _scount = count _tools;
        _item = _tools select _sSelect;
    };

Yes for the loop like I posted. It looks like this:
Code:
    // load tools
    _scount = count _tools;
        _item = _tools select _sSelect;
    };
yep yep I got it I was just double triple checking. I added it under the medical and weapons section. thanks man!

Is it possible these are "cleaning up" vehicles in an odd way? I don't know if its the way I uninstalled the old mission system , or this new one. Let me explain. Ive tested this with multiple helicopters. I crash them into the ground, they blow up, but instantly vanish. I haven't tested this with cars yet. I was basically going around blowing up destroyed helicopters so they respawn and I noticed they just Poof and vanish.

Is it possible these are "cleaning up" vehicles in an odd way? I don't know if its the way I uninstalled the old mission system , or this new one. Let me explain. Ive tested this with multiple helicopters. I crash them into the ground, they blow up, but instantly vanish. I haven't tested this with cars yet. I was basically going around blowing up destroyed helicopters so they respawn and I noticed they just Poof and vanish.

Its a bug with the newest Infistar.

Back