0.7.8 Client/Server Files Release Info

Nonov Urbizniz

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Staff member
OK, Little bit of a bumpy ride the past few days.

Here is the 0.7.8 client/server files we are pushing to DayZ Commander:

Google Drive

0.7.8 FULL Client
- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvQ0JGaUpsT0s0YTQ/edit?usp=sharing

0.7.8 Server
- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz-fdGGxhJTvOURzQktjZ2hWUHc/edit?usp=sharing

Media Fire

0.7.8 FULL Client
- http://www.mediafire.com/download/xhxabiaq8i1dv76/@DayZ_Sahrani.zip

0.7.8 Server
- http://www.mediafire.com/download/yv3avbyjadfw6dd/DayZ_Sahrani_0.7.8_Server.zip

Graf Pointed out this morning the dayz_server.pbo in the server package was missing a couple quick fixes.

I've re UL'd the correct PBO up now. All the links are updated, and have the new file.

It ONLY affects 1 or 2 of the new skins. Players who say they logged out with one of the new skins and then log back in with survivor 1 or 2 are likely telling the truth.

And... Thank you dotjosh!

http://puu.sh/4dXEy.png
DayZ Commander Support is Live... get ready folks!

This update has some serious legs under it. Lets all do our best to get the word out there.

I have not had time to do a launch video.. but will do my best to get some promotion going on in the next day or two... Get your servers updated.

There are a LOT of things that are new and we've tried to leave them, and the map very accessible this time. It WILL RETURN to being a much more difficult mod in the future, and the new skins will likely be removed from the loot tables, and clutter WILL be added to the roads, and zombies WILL be made hard again... but for now. We're trying to give everyone a chance to check out all the new stuff and get to know the map in a little less stressful tone.

Hi...
I have a problem with the mysql file:
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 76

I dont know how to fix this error. Any help?

change ";" to "," betwen some string in object_classes table

My fresh spawned vehicle to go down deep in south ochean. Bug in pspawn procedure?

Hmm, found this near the end of the Insert into object_classes table(line 667,668):

....,[\"glass3\",1]]', '0.5', '[]'),;
....,[\"glass3\",1]]', '0.33', '[]'),;

I removed the ; on the ends and the manual import for this table works!

Confirmed. 667 and 668 has ";" at the end that needs to be deleted. Also for me I had to add ";" at the end of 686 to close the INSERT. Worked perfectly.

One more thing I had to do since my database isnt called "hivemind" I autoreplaced "hivemind" the the name of my database.

Or simply delete "USE hivemind;" from the mysql file;)

And now i have a new problem, i cant connect to my server, got kicked for wrong singnature file for dayz_code.pbo!
I use the client patch for my game and for the server.

Btw: Ingame Version still shows Version 0.7.7

Thanks guys, confirmed and reuploading whole server pack now so no one who downloads in the future has the same problem.

Anyone have no vehicles show up in game? I cant seem to figure this out. They're in the DB, but don't show up in game. I even cranked up some of the max and ran pMain for a total of 202 vehicles including all the C130s and all the OpenDayZ Buses and I still couldn't find any. I'm sure it has to do with my specific setup. I'm running XAMPP and managing through phpMyAdmin. I haven't had this problem before.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
I think this is the prob. ??
Code:
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Information] Method: 302 Params: 1:
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 68 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 69 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 76 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 79 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 88 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 89 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Error] Skipping ObjectID 158 load because of invalid data in db
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["ObjectStreamStart",196,"7db01012d6103ae6c2cc697650d8ad53"]
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","1","Fishing_Boat","0",[133.772,[412.721,0.513,6307.442]],[],[],0.05,0.2]
2013-08-29 17:42:28 HiveExt: [Information] Result: ["OBJ","4","PBX","0",[-106.066,[3069.369,0.658,9068.003]],[],[],0.05,0.1]
]

It keeps listing (very slowly) what looks like vehicles but I've jumped around and havent seen any.

@rexxenexx, I have literally no idea. I did not use/test the new tables, I have almost zero SQL knowledge personally.

@cen, ditto! NO clue, my servers don't even auto restart so, going to have to wait for Graf or Seven or someone else with more knowledge to reply.

So it seems you guys have decided to block all menus including our Anti-hack admin menu...

Can you please PM me how I can remove this block, otherwise I can't run the server.

Really?

//woops....
class RscConfigEditor_Main {
idd = 3030;
class Controls {
class MainBackground;
class MainCaption {
text = "LOL NOPE!";
};
delete PathLine;
delete MainTree;
delete MainList;
};
};

So it seems you guys have decided to block all menus including our Anti-hack admin menu...

Can you please PM me how I can remove this block, otherwise I can't run the server.

We changed (really removed) the lobby and command menu systems, your admin tools used that as a menu I assume?

Seven made all the changes and has been away or out of contact for a while...

I'm going to have to work with some others to solve this issue if he doesn't attend to it before he goes. Although I think there are solutions that server hosts could take to "fix" their tools.

Keep in mind it also breaks the majority of hack menu's too.

I am going to discuss this with whoever I can and come to a decision in the next couple days...

I know it is risky but as usual I/we would prefer to do things differently. Here is the long story:

++++

A long long time ago, in an Arma game far far away, people played together nicely. Lobby's were needed to pick a side to join, and command menu's were needed to instruct AI assistants... Then a dark force quietly built itself up in a New Zealand basement (I think) where there were no sides, just player vs environment... Soon more heard of this magical multiplayer world of "survival", they say OTHER SURVIVORS! THANK GOD! HELP IS HERE!!!! Once teamed up people began to master this amazing and difficult environment, and it's many threats.... What sport is left when survival is no longer a challenge? Hunting, and killing of other players....

What happens when large groups of coordinated, well equipped players start slaughtering new players while they're still trying to get their feet wet? Frustrations mount...

In a game that is THIS openly scriptable, it was only a matter of time before people starting offering frustrated or sub-par players access to the same stuff a big cooperative group could get...

End of DayZ.

Our goal, or plan, is to fuck with those players, and the pieces of stinky shit that sell both hack tools, and admin tools alike....

In general we do not like admin tools any more than we do hacks, because they require complete and total trust of people, who are VERY likely to take advantage, OR to use those tools to profit.

Without admin tools server hosts can not sell starting loadouts, or babysit bitchy players that IMO shouldn't be made to feel welcome on ANY mod, much less the one that I spend almost all of my waking hours dedicated to.

We made the decision a LONG LONG time ago to take the high road, NEVER accept offers of advertising dollars, NEVER offer private server or hive access, or special loadouts, or to keep any of our assets as "exclusive". It would have been VERY easy for us to have focused on closed development and offered some of our skins or vehicles on private servers only etc.

I have very serious problems with ANY server host collecting any donations over and above the costs for running their servers. I feel that they should ALL be VERY VERY heavily donating to the guys who actually produce content, tools, and hosting sites (and I don't mean us or any other dayz modding group (read the credits)). But that is simply not the case.

Idiots pay to watch other idiots pay to play and stream games they don't even understand in most cases hosted by server admins who barely know what they're doing, and all of them do nothing but complain about and then demand MORE content from authors... unless they get a dirtbaggy with exclusive hosting deals don't make a dime EVER.

I for one simply don't give 2 shits about what hosts, players, or anyone else thinks about our mod. If you like it, that is wonderful and I'm very pleased, if you have a legitimate concern about a feature or problem (like this one) I am here to listen and discuss among the group what we all agree should be done. I will give any piece of honest criticism thoughtful consideration and a reply, but the majority of complaints or criticisms I notice on reddit or in streams/youtube videos are often just completely based in misunderstanding, so I have no time for that.

I love this game DayZ, I would put down solid money that I love it more than Dean Hall, or any other Modder out there. I am in LOVE with DayZ. I now love OUR version of it WAY WAY more than the official version of it, and that's what I've been wanting since Jan/Feb. I think we're getting closer and closer and will continue to work in the same direction we started out on in January/February... make a better mod regardless of how anyone but WE feel about it. Other than the headaches, bumps along the way, and stress... The mod as it sits RIGHT NOW, is IMO fucking amazing.

I trust my instincts... my social skills, programming abilities, and sense of timing are all pretty heavily in question at this point though lol.... but I'm good at coordinating things, and this project will forward on... and it will be even more fucking amazing. I made a decision a couple years ago to stop dropping things half done, and even if that means years of limbo, I DO NOT drop things... so regardless of what anyone may or may not think, I'm not going anywhere, and neither is the mod, the map, the building project, the Armaversity project, or ANYTHING else I have set out to complete.

If folks could see all the cogs and gears turning behind the scenes here I think people would be pretty shocked. We have a real factory environment going on and are improving our methods and expanding our skills every day/week. We have SOOOO much stuff waiting in the wings to be added, changed, on top of all the ideas we have that need done still. When we hit 1.7 of our mod it will be jaw dropping..

Come hell or high water, this mod will continue to get better and better, even if I'm the only one playing it on my local server lol.

Am I the only one w no vehicles? Anyone that just downloaded the server package have vehicles ingame? If so what software are you using as a SQL host?

Yea I have knowledge in MySQL but not in how DayZ techinically interfaces with it. I'm guessing the DLLs? If so then maybe it's using the ones in my arma root directory? This is the only package I've used that didn't come with server DLLs (libmysql.dll,mysqlcppconn.dll,tbb.dll,tbbmalloc.dll). I could be way off. I just don't know what could be stopping the vehicles from spawning.

No, you're not the only one, vehicles spawn out of bounds for myself... the Object_DATA table is full of vehicles and worldspace positions but very few are spawning and they are always invariably out of bounds. I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm checking into a few different areas. If I figure it out I will let you know what I did.

Back