0.7.8 Client/Server Files Release Info

what ? no.

The "missing" files in the server package are the client files.... You should NOT be using anything from 0.2.1

Please list the exact files that were not in which downloads.

This happens on every server start:
error.jpg

any help??

EDIT: Solved by add "Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" in starting parameters.

EDIT2: the missing files are the mysql dll files i think. the dll's are not in the server package. now i have to try other dll's to find the corrct hive version

This happens on every server start:
error.jpg

any help??

EDIT: Solved by add "Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" in starting parameters.

EDIT2: the missing files are the mysql dll files i think. the dll's are not in the server package. now i have to try other dll's to find the corrct hive version

Our install instructions say to call both OA and A2 as they should be for our mod...

Our package also has the HiveEXT.dll that you need

We can not include the mysql.dll's as those are dependant on your SQL install.

I'm fairly sure the package is complete, but I will double check at some point, I know I setup 2 servers with nothing but the 2 packages and existing functioning SQL server/A2/OA install on the machines... so anything that is not included shouldn't be.

I will try to double check, but have other priorities right now.

Gotta go the route of menu scroll admin tools. For some reason the devs thought it was a good idea to block all keypress menus including admin menus on the client side.

what ? no.

The "missing" files in the server package are the client files.... You should NOT be using anything from 0.2.1

Please list the exact files that were not in which downloads.

Ok, let's start with the biggy - the folder dayz_1.sara and all the files held within it.

This collection isn't included in the 0.78 Server download.
As linked to at the very start of this thread:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yv3avbyjadfw6dd/DayZ_Sahrani_0.7.8_Server.zip
or
This implies (to me coming fresh to this Mod) it is the full Server release.

I got my copy of this folder from the 0.21 download at:
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-sahrani-0-2-1-server-client-file-release.10605/

I downloaded 0.21 then overwrote it with 0.7.8 and it works (well apart from BEC kicks, I have to turn that off at the moment to get on.)

I should say I'm using the vanilla Sahrani without modding it what-so-ever. :)

Using ARMA2 Beta patch 107882 on Windows 8 Pro 64bit, MySQL 5.5

Other files which may be missing from the 0.78 Server are the DLLs used in the root of 0.21 Server release?

It seems to be working though. I get zombies, loot (not found any vehicles yet. But early days. :)

I did gather that, sounds like some people are getting a god complex to me....

God Complex? For removing totally un-needed key bindings that bring up dumb menus we didn't want to be bothered with recoloring?

And you are mad, because this removes your ability to control everyone who comes into your server and distribute assets as you see fit... never actually being on the same level as anyone else without your powers on your server, never "playing" our mod, and we have the god complex?

There are alternate tools, and the complaints all but died down.... if it's an issue please make me aware of it, and I'll do my best to get it resolved, all the other admins seem to have adjusted and moved on....

I mean honestly, it's a freaking key binding on your software is it THAT hard to change? (serious question BTW, unless you're dealing with compiled code, what's the big deal with just rebinding the key??)

The idea was to get rid of the unneeded menus and prevent script kiddies who use hacks and are not capable of rebinding the menus... we sort of hoped that server admins would be able to rebind a key.

I really wish the level of communication in this community could get elevated just a LITTLE bit...

Ok, let's start with the biggy - the folder dayz_1.sara and all the files held within it.

This collection isn't included in the 0.78 Server download.
As linked to at the very start of this thread:
or
This implies (to me coming fresh to this Mod) it is the full Server release.

I got my copy of this folder from the 0.21 download at:
http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-sahrani-0-2-1-server-client-file-release.10605/

I downloaded 0.21 then overwrote it with 0.7.8 and it works (well apart from BEC kicks, I have to turn that off at the moment to get on.)

I should say I'm using the vanilla Sahrani without modding it what-so-ever. :)

Using ARMA2 Beta patch 107882 on Windows 8 Pro 64bit, MySQL 5.5

Other files which may be missing from the 0.78 Server are the DLLs used in the root of 0.21 Server release?

It seems to be working though. I get zombies, loot (not found any vehicles yet. But early days. :)

It's really late. I will double check this tomorrow, BUT...

the only file missing is the hiveext.ini I think. everything else is in there, it's just sorted named differently.

It's packed SORT OF

1. Shitty - Because I did it this time and Seven did it last time, so I did not include everything I should have,

2. Dicky - It's not packaged "for dummies" and I don't mean that in a rude way....

It is not user friendly at all, and for that I do apologize, I will make serious efforts to address the concerns in an upcoming update, as well as maybe with some better documentation.

Ok here we go...

First off your assumption that we, as server owners, all abuse these tools is completely ludicrous and uncalled for. The tools used on our server specifically are used to spectate and catch hackers. The only people who have access to these tools are the admins and moderators that we have trust in to not abuse them.

Best part is, the more recent version of these anti-hack tools log everything, so we can control our own people.

The thing you fail to realize is that you may have blocked menus, which is fine, there are scroll wheel admin tools, but you also blocked the ability to perform script scans which is what catches the majority of the hackers any way.

So yes, this is your mod and you can do whatever you want with it. But us server owners are what helps the mod succeed and until you realize that, this mod will never take off and become what it could be.

We support the developers but the developers also need to support us. If that doesn't happen then you have 10 players playing this mod that took all sorts of time to create, and that to me just seems like a waste of your time.

Sincerely,
Your #2 of 24 Sahrani server owner... for now.

It wasn't meant to be an insult, it was meant to be a retort to an insult.

I don't admin with tools, or with special advantage, I review logs and take 1st hand reports. I admire active admins but at the same time feel they are enabling retarded users... and often abusing their powers, and making servers shitty for players who want to check out the mod, and end up just being targets for the guys already flying around in heli's.

The only reason I don't get pissy about that is, it's their choice, but IMO, THAT is one of the biggest reasons the mod is not popular, one of the most popular servers has a constant presence of shit stirrers that troll people and play like dicks on purpose.... but it's not our job to TELL people how to play or admin.

To be perfectly honest I was nervous about admins being mad about the Lobby Menu, but NOT the F1 etc keys (FYI they're blocked in the offical mod 1.8 now to so you're going to need solution anyway.)... honestly though, Seven said (which I still have not heard a technical dispute over) "They can just change the key bind, an admin will how to do that, a script kiddy won't"

I stated above I'm willing to look at changing things if its SERIOUSLY a problem.

But I truly don't understand how it's hard to change a key binding... lobby the menu thing I get, but again there are alternatives and it blows out a bunch of real hacks.

Now i am no coder/scripter so forgive me if i am going this about the wrong way or have even made mistakes in the process of what i tried to do.

First off i have changed the key bind to the f1 menu so it was another key but it is not this that stops the f1 menu from appearing that i can tell it's the code that is in the rscTitles.hpp file (client side) that deletes everything that is being placed onto the menu that f1 creates.

//woops....
class RscConfigEditor_Main {
idd = 3030;
class Controls {
class MainBackground;
class MainCaption {
text = "LOL NOPE!";
};
delete PathLine;<<<<<<<<<<<This
delete MainTree;<<<<<<<<<<<This
delete MainList;<<<<<<<<<<<And this
};
};

With the anti hack running you can no longer access the f1 menu or whatever key you bind it to because it simply won't show as it is being deleted from the page because of this.
Now, not a problem as such because the anti hack still does its scans on players entering the server so will prevent some skiddies getting in but with the anti hack running we also need to whitelist a LOT of actions to enable players to be able to use certain scripts/add on's that are needed in fn_selfactions.sqf but after many hours of trying to get these actions whitelisted some would still not work so our server is running with no current anti hack protection.

As far as you saying you admin with logs that is all well and good but when a hacker gets in to your server you need to take immediate action to prevent the shit hitting the storm and trawling through logs while a server is offline is not really the best way to go about business to find a hacker that you may not even be able to find because they completely bypass BE, also to the fact we run multiple servers and have limited resources to do such a thing. So actually having the anti hack (f1 menu) working (100%) helps prevent a shit load of possible hack attacks on our servers.

Finally after many many pain staking hours i have finally managed (i hope) to work a way around the anti hack still doing it's script scans AND still having all the script/add on's whitelisted so players will not notice anything awry when they try to attatch a car bomb or to ignite a tent. I possibly could have gone to the anti hack creator to save time but i guess that would just end up costing me more money that i need to put towards a new dedicated server because some other script kiddies like to DDoS our servers repeatedly, so please spare a thought for us admins when as dev's you think you are making our life easier as admins when this has actually been the biggest thorn in our side to be able to run our Sahrani server to it's true potential and a safer place to be for our players.

Thanks for a great mod but not for the headaches it has caused.

If any other Sahrani admin needs any advice on how to get this to work with the usual anti hack f1 menu scripts most servers run feel free to contact me and i will be glad to try and help you out.

All very good points and totally fair.

I don't want to pass the buck, but up until this recent release I had little to NO ability to review code, I mean I knew I could learn it, but didn't as I was focused on coordinating everything, and getting permissions, and doing the promotion.

Unfortunately Seven made quite a lot of dramatic changes and didn't really have time to document or even finalize everything. It left me with no other option but to knuckle down and get a release out.

TBH we're all lucky the official dev tools didn't get distributed and users all given hack menu's by accident...

You points are all duly noted, and when Seven returns we will hash out exactly what his plan moving forward is for the security end, because I made the same protests leading up to the changes, but at the time did not envision releasing it while he was away.... I did not want to sit on the new version for another month...

IMO we have been too aggressive, and not focused enough on planned incremental updates. This leaves hosts scrambling to deal with sweeping (and undocumented) changes and players with no clue what to even look for in the new version.

I genuinely thought that this update was "special" enough that it would be WIDELY appreciated and at that point help would arrive.... help arrived, but the sweeping success not so much lol...
I still truly believe it is a sleeping giant and that it really needs only a small patch and to be moved to the new map...

I am going to TRY to get this done within the next two weeks... if it's not done and ready to push by then... I can say w/o question that unless Seven returns with some serious motivation the DayZ end of these projects may just get shelved for a while/forever...

The map and building project are educating modders is more important, less time consuming and less likely to make me kill people or small animals...

I am also for personal reasons likely going to have to reduce my level of commitment to any of the projects to a trickle.

I need to focus on real life and returning to work that pays money not grief.

I think everyone would agree, that this is only a minor problem, and as a whole everyone really appreciates the time and effort you have put into working on this great map...

I love this map and I thank everyone involved with making it available to us. I would hate to see it shelved, but I understand why you feel the way you do. I just recently started learning how to script, in Arma 2 and have played around with many mods. While I am confident that I can script and code a final product. It will take me longer than an experienced modder but I am willing to help anywhere you may need it.

map is never going to get shelved, the DayZ project might though lol...

Our Fancier version of the map hasn't even been put on our DayZ Build yet, there is a test build, but I have to remove a ton of the buildings we added and have soooooo many other focuses, and frankly shouldn't be spending a waking minute on any of this right now at all...

I'm going to try to put out a much better promo, release the next build with some new features, on the new map (which also makes it a smaller package) and then leave the project "as is" for a while...

But I mean the last version stayed pretty popular for quite some time and was certainly stable... I will do my best to leave it in a very stable state, and develop what I/we can in the background but I have kids, and this map and mod need to stop getting treated like it's one of them, much less the most important one...

you won't get vehicles until you run the database routine.
you mean like :

Code:
START c:\mysql\bin\mysql.exe --defaults-file="c:\mysql\my-dayz.ini" --user="xxx" --password="xxxx" --host="127.0.0.1" --port="3310" --database="hivemind" --execute="call pMain()

This is run every time I start the server.

Still not seen any vehicles. :)

missing a quotation mark on the end of that I think no?

Code:
.\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe --user=xxxx --password=xxxx --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"

missing a quotation mark on the end of that I think no?

Code:
.\MySQL\bin\mysql.exe --user=xxxx --password=xxxx --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"

I used the command exactly as issued by Sahrani admin - Seven. :)

See
http://opendayz.net/threads/sahrani-server-setup.10684/

Code:
--execute="call pMain()"

as there is no example launch file provided for the 0.78 mod.

I'll give your idea a go of course.

Back