1.7.7 was a kick in the nuts to the modding community from Rocket

weird thing is, I run a dedicated server... I have had the: all the guns / vehicles / bases etc and I can tell you now... I got more "This is not DayZ" when having a server like that than I do now where all of that is removed there is now a point to the server (Humanity restricted areas / settlements, that are also Z free) it gives players like previously stated a few posts up "an end game" of sorts but more than that I have really gone for the community aspect for 1.7.7 I have with mmmyum's help increased the z's so hordes come at you if you spark them off, city's are now dangerous places to go including most looting spots. If 1.7.7 was not such a bug filled release I and many others would not of started this and other troll threads. The fact of the matter is the dayz dev team had 4 months if not more to bring this release and its shit. Plain and simple.

Reactions: Diz
Instead of continuing this argument how about everyone stops replying, as this is a pointless argument that has ventured far from what the thread was initially about. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there are a lot of you whose opinion is just plain stupid. Everyone has their own tastes which is why DayZ has become so epic.
So if you are going to continue this thread don't argue, if there is something you don't agree with keep it to your self. No one wants to be reading a thread and read through reply after reply of someone bitching about someone else's opinion.

"The fact of the matter is the dayz dev team had 4 months if not more to bring this release and its shit. Plain and simple."

I do a lot of reading on this forum, and not much posting. I do not know how to script, and I certainly have no desire to run a server. I have to agree with several of the responses here that there is way to much bitching about a FREE game that a group of guys took the time to create and share with the gaming community. If you do not like what they are doing with their time, I suggest you quit sponging off their hard work and go create a game on your own. Maybe you could create the next WarZ! o_O

I tend to gravitate to games that provide a real challenge. I do not like servers that add pre-loadouts (is that a word?) or any other beginning advantage to make the game itself easier. In my mind, this game was meant to be hard, it was meant to be scary, and it was meant to be as realistic as a computer game can.

So, for all you "server hoster types", if you like pina colada's, and getting caught in the rain, if your not into yoga, if you have half a brain, then your the server I look for.... pm me and help me escape! (Must be over 40 to understand the reference. No one-hit wonder performers where harmed in this attempt at humor)

This is a discussion forum. The topic is 1.7.7 and how it has affected this community. Debating points made by other members is a valid form of discussion. With that being said, resorting to insults or name calling is immature and is not a valid form of discussion. Unfortunately, it seems like some people have trouble deciphering the difference. Also, there has been little to no "scripting" discussion in this thread and it may have been better suited for a different part of the forum.

@Fred well, I guess the initial topic of this thread was more or less centered around the difficulty to implement scripts that 1.7.7 may or may not have brought along (I'm running 1.7.6 myself, and aren't really a scripter either).

But when you say people have trouble deciphering this difference, that's sadly like every community I've ever been on. I guess more than anything, it's probably a language barrier. When english isn't your first language, you probably have some extended level of difficulty expressing and interpreting text. Even so, with that said, a discussion shouldn't resort to name calling, or start getting personal. That's just a low blow, incredibly immature act, no matter what your language, or your age.

wakka wakka. I'm out of words, I need sleep.

It's pretty obvious to me that this patch is a middle finger to the Private Hive community.

I find it ironic too, considering the fact that Private Hives have been keeping DayZ alive(and expanding it in new and interesting ways) since the vast majority of players abandoned Public Hive for many different reasons.

I have long predicted that SA will be a reckoning for the elitist survival junkies who want to force their playstyle upon everyone else. If 1.7.7 is any indication, I think this will indeed be what happens.

Consequently, I think our days of working nicely with anything official from Rocket and pals are numbered. I suspect they will continue to make our lives difficult out of spite, and continue to reject or even combat any ideas or playstyles outside of their own very narrow "vision" of the game/mod.

Quite frankly, I find this very insulting, and counter to the openness and adaptability that *used* to drive the development of this great experiment.

"The fact of the matter is the dayz dev team had 4 months if not If you do not like what they are doing with their time, I suggest you quit sponging off their hard work and go create a game on your own. Maybe you could create the next WarZ! o_O

www.InvasionZ.com
Level System | 12 Classes defined by your actions in the world | Alien AI | Currency and Vendors | Compeletly New Zombie System | Much More... InvasionZ is coming soon after we run stress tests to push it to its limits.

It's pretty obvious to me that this patch is a middle finger to the Private Hive community.

I find it ironic too, considering the fact that Private Hives have been keeping DayZ alive(and expanding it in new and interesting ways) since the vast majority of players abandoned Public Hive for many different reasons.

I have long predicted that SA will be a reckoning for the elitist survival junkies who want to force their playstyle upon everyone else. If 1.7.7 is any indication, I think this will indeed be what happens.

Consequently, I think our days of working nicely with anything official from Rocket and pals are numbered. I suspect they will continue to make our lives difficult out of spite, and continue to reject or even combat any ideas or playstyles outside of their own very narrow "vision" of the game/mod.

Quite frankly, I find this very insulting, and counter to the openness and adaptability that *used* to drive the development of this great experiment.

Mess up the old but functional, to "force" in the new and possibly functional - tis good marketin' breh, yeye?

Back