Accelerated Time

This is something we all need for sure to add more variety to the game. Rocket should have just included this as an option from the start. Please as soon as you know how to make this work, share it with us.

well it ticked over to Night time but didn't take into effect full moon nights will report shortly if it ticks back to day and gets a little brighter atm so far the bugs Ive found if it works are.

No full moon night.
Pitch black during the night cycle.

Other wise there is no lag with 40 people ish on.

So many CoD players in this post. If you want an arcade game, go play it. Tired of people putting this game into easy mode, and fucking it up on every turn.

Like the scrub couple of posts above, 900+ vehicle server. Are you freaking serious bro? I think you're ought to run a wasteland server instead.

So many CoD players in this post. If you want an arcade game, go play it. Tired of people putting this game into easy mode, and fucking it up on every turn.

Like the scrub couple of posts above, 900+ vehicle server. Are you freaking serious bro? I think you're ought to run a wasteland server instead.

Not everyone likes to be a RP Nerd and hide in the woods for hours.... If you have tried Sarge's AI you might change your mind about this. Excuse my language but F*** COD, Battlefield or any game spit out by major developers on a extremely high advertising budget with no soul put into their game. This game lets its community mod its game for a reason, come play on my server and see how "easy" it is.... i bet you wont live for more than 20 minutes if you are not smart and have not learned the way MY version of the game is played.

dude go back to reddit if you are going to cry. If you haven't noticed this board promotes all sorts of fun mods we can add on to our servers.

DayZ mod is a growing evolving thing. If you can't handle the fact that the wants and needs of the community change then start up a server, password it, and play by yourself.

You know, some people play with people from the other side of the globe. My server has players in Australia and others in Great Britain. Without a shorter night someone is getting screwed in their normal play time hours and ALWAYS getting night, or ALWAYS getting day light. If you cant actually add something to a thread GTFO.

So many llama douche bags who think they are god on the internet.

You sir, are an asshat.

Accelerated time has a variety of purposes... The main one is for players from different timezones/regions/playtimes be able to get a taste of day and night play. I have players from all over NA and all over europe + japan/australia ... So giving them a bit of day/night would be a good thing. This has nothing to do with easy mode, this has to do with everyone experiencing both to even out the fairness of it all.

Just because time is accelerated doesn't mean shit in the context of survival... I don't have a problem with long nights so long as there is sufficient methods of lighting available to play as a new spawn on a new server and not have them give up immediately.

Also, if a server has a thousand vehicles what's to say a shitload of them aren't bicycles and motorcycles? - I've got over 800 but nearly half are really low end common vehicles with small/no storage, limited passenger capacity and no physical protection... So think before you speak.

Not to mention some of our servers have made it as hard as possible to fix a vehicle even if you do manage to stumble across one... I believe that's more "realistic" than no vehicles existing whatsoever... Considering the number of cars and bicycles people own... you really believe there'd only be 20 on the whole map? Fuel and parts might be scarce, but vehicles don't need to be.

Now, fuck off.

Good community here me thinks. Haha. Anyways back on track! I have a DayZ.st server. Does this server force date changes?

can some one walk me through how to install that zip in the OP ? not rally sure where to put it.

Oh just look at all the mad "server admins", looks like I've hit a nerve for many.

Listen you kids, how about you all host a wasteland server and stop fucking this mod up with your shitty servers. I can't believe you're telling me about a survival aspect with the kind of servers you guys are running.

I don't have anything against customizations that improve this mod, but what you all run is just plain shit and defeats the purpose of this survival mod. I bet you also disallow PVP on your servers but yet spawn with a sniper rifle, too.
Pathethic, any of my players would laugh at you or your 12 year old player base and your 800/900 vehicle, random buildings and barracks on the coast, "hard", "survival" servers.

My server has players all over the place as well, but I don't go modifying the game mechanics just so everyone gets to experience the same thing. Instead, I let people play the game as it's meant to be played, right people appreciate that and little kids that want it easy look for servers like yours.

I think you need to take a step back and realize that there are thousands of servers and if one does not play the way you like go to another that does. why should we all bow down to your ideal vision for the game, who are you the dayz god ?

no, your not so F*** OFF.

we dont care what your server offers, people, the players will settle and play on the server that suits their needs, that meets their gaming habbits and lets them do what they want in the game, for some players that means spending hours in woods hunting rabbits and chopping tree's like you, for others it means spending all day in cherno sniping noobs, other its hording loot, and for more still its building camps, setting up bases and assaulting ai defended air fields where collecting loot actually has a high risk.

so many people, so many play styles, why should we all just follow a moron like you, when we can offer a custom server for the players who enjoy the same type of play.

CoD = Call of DayZ ?

Oh just look at all the mad "server admins", looks like I've hit a nerve for many.

Listen you kids, how about you all host a wasteland server and stop fucking this mod up with your shitty servers. I can't believe you're telling me about a survival aspect with the kind of servers you guys are running.

I don't have anything against customizations that improve this mod, but what you all run is just plain shit and defeats the purpose of this survival mod. I bet you also disallow PVP on your servers but yet spawn with a sniper rifle, too.
Pathethic, any of my players would laugh at you or your 12 year old player base and your 800/900 vehicle, random buildings and barracks on the coast, "hard", "survival" servers.

My server has players all over the place as well, but I don't go modifying the game mechanics just so everyone gets to experience the same thing. Instead, I let people play the game as it's meant to be played, right people appreciate that and little kids that want it easy look for servers like yours.
You are probably one of the most narrow-minded people I've encountered so far.
You seem to have a hard time actually understanding that different people want different things.

Also, this is a dumb way about trying to advertise your server. Go take care of your own community, because opendayz surely doesn't need your presence if you are going to post with that attitude.

Dumb fuck.

Where do you see my server being advertised? I'm not seeking any gain from this, other than self satisfaction of pointing out everything wrong with the "things different people want".
Why did you even have to post your opinion regarding the plugins?
And I see why you are acting out like this. You are a teenager, no wonder.

Eitherway, I hope OP is able to help the people out in the thread. I know this is a plugin many people want.
Me myself isn't interested because I am more into immersion.

One should gather all the ridiculous mods, put them in a package and create a dayz variant called that. Call of DayZ: The 12 year old edition.

Would surely make it on DayZ Commander ;)

Where do you see my server being advertised? I'm not seeking any gain from this, other than self satisfaction of pointing out everything wrong with the "things different people want".
As far as I could tell, it's the things that CoD kids want in this game. They say that they ruined BF, I guess they haven't seen DayZ yet.

I personally don't like the 800vehicle servers or epic end game loot on the coast servers either but you don't see me crying about it.

If you don't like those servers or those types of players; don't play there. Simple concept, your looking like the kiddy by bitching and moaning about it and insulting people because they have a different opinion then you do.

Now to get back on topic, how has this been working for some of you? The shorter day/night would be a wonderful addition to my server.

Now to get back on topic, how has this been working for some of you? The shorter day/night would be a wonderful addition to my server.

i just wana know how to install it.

One should gather all the ridiculous mods, put them in a package and create a dayz variant called that. Call of DayZ: The 12 year old edition.

Would surely make it on DayZ Commander ;)

As far as I could tell, it's the things that CoD kids want in this game. They say that they ruined BF, I guess they haven't seen DayZ yet.

MrB, you are genius. I am going to go get started on this right now. I will call it Call of DayZ: Mortem Warfare. Don't worry, I will credit you in the README.

I'm sorry, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere on this forum. I was looking for the exit that actually talked about the time script? Can anyone point me in the right direction to THAT discussion?

Lol i see alot of hate in this thread :d

Well i have some spare time again so i can work on this :)
I just need to setup a new dayz server first for testing as i cant pull down my server every time.

for now i have a batch file on my server that do this job starts the server on 4 pm restart in 4 hours and changes the time to 6 am and then restarts in 4 hours and change time back to 4 pm etc...

this gave me 4 hours day and 4 hours night and no sudden day night after restart

Back