Adding AI to Helicopters

I added in the UH60, CH53, and Pook Transports to the list of helos the AI can use but the AI aren't occupying any gun positions on them. Players are getting strafed by helicopters but they're not being shot at. Not very formidable, imo.

How can I add AI to the gun positions on them?

I noticed in the dzai_config.sqf there is this section:

Code:
//Specify vehicle weapon for air vehicles that are unarmed by default. DZAI will arm these air vehicles with the specified weapons upon spawning each vehicle.
//Weapon classnames are verified. If the classname is invalid (banned or nonexistent), it will not be added to the vehicle.
//Format: Each row containing a vehicle classname will be equipped with the weapon from the corresponding row in weapon classnames section. DZAI will automatically select ammo type.
DZAI_airWeapons = [
    //Air vehicle classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
    ["Helicopter1_Example_Classname","Helicopter2_Example_Classname"]
    //Corresponding weapon classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
    ["Helicopter1_Example_Weapon","Helicopter2_Example_Weapon"]
];

For Helicopter1_Example_Classname I would just put in the classname for the helicopter, yes? But I'm not sure about the weapon classnames. Would that be the classnames of the weapons on the helicopters?

AND

Will that solve the no AI on the heli-guns issue?

Thanks!

Last edited:
if a helicopter does not have weapons normally, you onsert the classname of a weapon and it is 'attached' to the helicopter ... i am assuming, havnt actually tried that as epox is full of helicopters with weapons.
so use m240 or ... i think its a pkt or pkm on the trucks ... or m2 .. find the actual classnames
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Weapons

now if you have no ai on helis that DO have weapons then you done messed up somewhere because that works

considering this ... put the crossbows on the heli .. strafed with arrows!
that might be cool eh?

Make sure you're not using _DZE vehicles, they don't have any ammo included so AI can't use the weapons. If you have _DZE vehicles in use, replace them with _DZ versions. If you didn't touch any of the heli gunner settings then the vehicles should have gunners already placed.

Make sure you're not using _DZE vehicles, they don't have any ammo included so AI can't use the weapons. If you have _DZE vehicles in use, replace them with _DZ versions. If you didn't touch any of the heli gunner settings then the vehicles should have gunners already placed.

BAH! That was it. Thanks, Buttface!

Somehow, thanking you by name seems more like an insult. I can't place my finger on it though.

Back