Admin Menu Not Showing Up

looks like you messed up your init.sqf ;)

Line 36:
Code:
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf;

what you should have instead:
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

ok first off why is so much moved to the server?

it should be in the mission files not called from the server as every player that joins will run calls to the server instead of there local copy of the mission file causing alot of uneeded traffic to the server and will cause desync when a lot of users are connected

second you also need to add your id to AdminToolsMain.sqf

i had to modify them to make them work but i really cant see any reason why they didnt to begin with

i just bypassed the eexecute.sqf as its really not needed

Use theses files as yours would not load for me as you moved everthing server side and didnt supply the server PBO

Mission
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cbc9ecqljzblsp/dayz_1.chernarus.zip

server PBO
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sbzlb6rnw1t6unx/dayz_server.pbo

Haha right you are SchwEde....FallingSheep I wasn't under the impression I had any real choice here. I just started scripting so I understand the difference between client and server software but don't understand how it is set up in scripting to determine which it runs on. Can you explain this?

Also one more question, when I spawn vehicles in with these admin tools it kills me on entering the vehicle. I'm guessing this is some antihacking measure. I would appreciate if someone could inform me on how to fix this. I know I found this issue somewhere but I've been searching and can't seem to find the solution back again.

lol i forget i was once learning all this stuff to :p

as for can i explain.... um not really but ill try my best :p

from what i understand most mods that affect the players (such as self bloodbag, drinkwater,etc ) go client side and mods that affect the world ( AI, heli crashes,etc) go server side

but basically find the script you want to add and see how they have done it. hope that helps

Also one more question, when I spawn vehicles in with these admin tools it kills me on entering the vehicle. I'm guessing this is some antihacking measure. I would appreciate if someone could inform me on how to fix this. I know I found this issue somewhere but I've been searching and can't seem to find the solution back again.
for blue pheonix tools do this also i think "server_cleanup.fsm" was moved to inside "server_monitor" for 1.8.x.x
just open it and search for Killed a hacker

Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for "Killed a hacker" fix (thanks sarge)

Depends which DayZ version you are running.

The line you are looking for is either:

" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") ) then {" \n

Change to / add as shown:

" if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

Or the line looks like

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Change that to

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) !=

in your server_objectUpdate.sqf (or however it's called in your server package) locate this: (thanks sarge)

if (!_parachuteWest) then { if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then { _object_position = getPosATL _object; diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2]; _isNotOk = true; }; };

and change to

if (!_parachuteWest) then { if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then { _object_position = getPosATL _object; diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2]; _isNotOk = true; }; };

Ok thats what I thought.

Also, I can't seem to find the spot in server_cleanup.fsm file to edit, and I've searched for a bunch of different strings, does this mean I just add what you listed?

Ok thats what I thought.

Also, I can't seem to find the spot in server_cleanup.fsm file to edit, and I've searched for a bunch of different strings, does this mean I just add what you listed?
no open server_monitor.sqf and search for hacker as it has been moved to inside that file

if its not in there try server_functions.qf

server_functions.sqf:
around line 870:
Code:
f(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

to
Code:
        if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)  && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)  && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1)) then {

ok for dayz 1.8.1 the file you needed to change isin

dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm

server_cleanup.fsm
Code:
"//Check for hackers" \n
       " {" \n
       "     if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
       "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
       "           (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
       "           _x setDamage 1;" \n
       "    };" \n
       " } forEach allUnits;" \n
       "" \n
its this line that needs to be changed to allow the admin tools to work
Code:
       "     if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n
so just add this to it
Code:
        &&(vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)  && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1)
so it should look like this
Code:
        "     if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Mission",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

i have already done changes for you :p

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pp3f7t78f4n4p4g/dayz_server.pbo

Thank you for the explanation. I figured it out. However, when I use the file you provided it still kills me in game when I try to enter an admin spawned vehicle.

Back