Admins Global Messages to Whole Server?

squigs987

Hi I'm new to the forums and saw you guys were a good place to ask a simple question. I have looked everywhere and have spent a lot of time looking to resolve this issue. I have a DayZ Overwatch server hosted by dayz.st. When I move a character, spawn a weapon or do anything from the admin console from the website(dayz.st map console.) I get a global message announcing it to the whole server. (eg: admin teleported/moved "playername" using map tools). My question is can I turn this off or do I have to live with it? I have no idea where to look to fix this. Any comments or ideas would help me out tremendously.

Thank you,
subdgaming.com

No, DayZ.ST did this to prevent admin abuse. If you want to be sneeky and teleport yourself or others, use Blurgaming antihack.

We include this messaging to discourage the rampant wholesale abuse the tool would be capable of in silent mode. If you are not doing anything abusive, just tell the server what you are doing, and they will be happy that you are actively fixing problems. A simple "hey this car spawned in the middle of a wall, moving it to be usable" before dragging a vehicle goes a long way towards establishing the trust of your players. Even saying a general "hey i am going to be testing some scripts over the next 10 minutes, don't worry about the inventory change notices" is good enough.

If you cannot justify your actions to your players in that manner, maybe rethink your actions...

Or just be shady and make direct DB edits or use a hacktool spawner like most current server-side antihack scripts have built in.

This would prevent me from using dayz.st tbh. Its no ones business what i choose to edit and why. Also this doesnt stop admin abuse in any way. There are also plenty of free and paid for programs that allow you to do whatever you want.

This would prevent me from using dayz.st tbh. Its no ones business what i choose to edit and why. Also this doesnt stop admin abuse in any way. There are also plenty of free and paid for programs that allow you to do whatever you want.

The difference is that all those other tools you have to actually know how to install.

There's way too many servers being ran by people who don't even know that their RPT log is who attempt to install scripts.

Most of the people who want to abuse other players don't have the knowledge or maturity to know how to install scripts correctly, or view it as too much work. They just want to login, wait for a couple players get on, and then troll them.

This sort of thing seems to happen more often on games like minecraft, but I've experienced it enough times to know how it's simply a bad idea.

The fact that DayZ.st has included the tools they have is pretty awesome. Blue Pheonix with some customizing could do all the things I needed ingame for an admin, with the exception of spawning vehicles to the hive. For that I used DayZ.st's map tool and then added a key to the vehicle. Used to be a good sight to the players, because it usually meant that a PVP tournament was going to happen soon.

Now I have all I need to do in game covered with infistar, and anything else I want to add I can add into the antihack.

Back