AI agro range?

joker1million

I looked but can not find out if there is a way to alter the range that the ai engage players? Currently the ai are engaging players from all the across the NW AF for example. I would like to lower this range to give players more opportunity to spot and engage the ai.

Is there such a way and if so how?

probably should have clarified that the values for the skills range from 0 to 1 .. so you will be using a decimal value such as .2 for them not shooting until they bump into you or .8 for some greater range .. such as from the other side of NWAF.

Many of the skill names are counter-intuitive in their meaning. The only real way to restrict AI view distance as far as I know is to set the server's view distance to the distance you want to limit it to. You can set it through the setViewDistance command but it will affect all AI spawned by the server. The BI Wiki claims the command is Local, meaning if it's used server-side it won't affect player view distances. However, I'm not sure if this command can be used on AI spawned by the server.

Disclaimer: I don't actually have any idea how to set view distances in this case, I'm just bringing up what I researched while writing this post. So, you should do some research of your own to verify anything you're not 100% sure of.

Also, here is a useful link for the meanings behind each AI skill: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

Back