AI shooting through server side map additions... normal?

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
I never used to have this issue with SARGE which was spawned in the mission file (and I used to have my map additions in the mission file). Now I use dzai and server side map additions and they easily shoot through many walls. Is there a fix for this? Should I call map additions mission side again?

You could try loading your map additions before DZAI in the server_monitor.sqf. Other than that it's out of my control because shooting through walls isn't something that can be influenced by scripting.

You could try loading your map additions before DZAI in the server_monitor.sqf. Other than that it's out of my control because shooting through walls isn't something that can be influenced by scripting.

will give it a try thanks.

Instantly hit a roadblock because I call my map additions in my server_functions.sqf and am not sure how to call them in the server_monitor.sqf.

Just copy whatever line you had in server_functions.sqf and move it into server_monitor.sqf above the line where DZAI is called.

Seems dzai shoot through map scenery aswell. Players reporting dzai shoot through mountains, walls and glitch through objects ( non custom ofc) on epoch lingor 1.5

Seems dzai shoot through map scenery aswell. Players reporting dzai shoot through mountains, walls and glitch through objects ( non custom ofc) on epoch lingor 1.5
I don't think theres anything that can be done about this. I really don't know for sure, but it seems like it's just an issue with AI in general. He's stopped supporting DZAI indefinitely so I think we'll just have to deal with it. I don't remember this happening with SARGE but that was mainly in the mission file and they were incredibly lame AI. I guess its a small price to pay for having an epic AI framework.

I have been experiencing a similar issue with DZAI and a deployable bike addon I customized, leading me to believe this is something involving the server specifically and not DZAI.

In the case of the deployable bike addon, the server spawns the bike a small distance in front of my character. Sometimes, the bike seems to simply not appear after I perform the deploying action, but if I trace back my steps to where I have traveled before, I'll find my bike sitting some distance away. So essentially the server "thinks" I am where I was a few minutes ago, not where I actually am according to my screen.

In the case of DZAI, I've had several situations where I'm sitting inside a building and protected by walls from all sides. I hear faint shots in the distance but my character begins to bleed and eventually my bones break as if I'm being shot, then I eventually die. So again, the server/AI "thinks" I'm still standing where I was a few minutes ago and I get shot as if I was standing out in the open some distance away.

I don't know if this is the same problem everyone else has been experiencing. If it is an issue of server-client sync there is nothing I can do about it.

I've not personally had any issues with AI shooting through regular dayz map objects or buildings. Only through objects which I have added. They will occasionally engage you from outside a building while you are inside in an unexposed location. You will hear the sounds of bullets hitting the wall and then you'll start getting hit.

I never used to have this issue with SARGE which was spawned in the mission file (and I used to have my map additions in the mission file). Now I use dzai and server side map additions and they easily shoot through many walls. Is there a fix for this? Should I call map additions mission side again?

DZAI_objPatch: If this setting is enabled, DZAI will read DayZ's CfgTownGenerator file and spawn all objects defined there. Normally, clients read this file in order to spawn client-sided objects. This causes problems when server-sided AI is involved because AI cannot see or interact with these objects (since it doesn't exist on the server). By enabling this setting, DZAI will spawn all these objects as local objects on the server so AI will not see/shoot/walk through these objects.

http://www.opendayz.net/threads/gui...ings-75-complete-last-updated-3-2-2014.18252/

Back