I have been experiencing a similar issue with DZAI and a deployable bike addon I customized, leading me to believe this is something involving the server specifically and not DZAI.
In the case of the deployable bike addon, the server spawns the bike a small distance in front of my character. Sometimes, the bike seems to simply not appear after I perform the deploying action, but if I trace back my steps to where I have traveled before, I'll find my bike sitting some distance away. So essentially the server "thinks" I am where I was a few minutes ago, not where I actually am according to my screen.
In the case of DZAI, I've had several situations where I'm sitting inside a building and protected by walls from all sides. I hear faint shots in the distance but my character begins to bleed and eventually my bones break as if I'm being shot, then I eventually die. So again, the server/AI "thinks" I'm still standing where I was a few minutes ago and I get shot as if I was standing out in the open some distance away.
I don't know if this is the same problem everyone else has been experiencing. If it is an issue of server-client sync there is nothing I can do about it.