Animated Helicrashs 0.1 - Release

Code:
/ [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire, _useStatic, _preWaypoint, _crashDamage]
nul =    [
                3,        //Number of the guaranteed Loot-Piles at the Crashside
                4,        //Number of the random Loot-Piles at the Crashside 3+(1,2,3 or 4)
                2000,    //Fixed-Time (in seconds) between each start of a new Chopper
                500,      //Random time (in seconds) added between each start of a new Chopper
                1,        //Spawnchance of the Heli (1 will spawn all possible Choppers, 0.5 only 50% of them)
                'center', //Center-Marker for the Random-Crashpoints, for Chernarus this is a point near Stary
                4000,    //Radius in Meters from the Center-Marker in which the Choppers can crash and get waypoints
                true,    //Should the spawned crashsite burn (at night) & have smoke?
                false,    //Should the flames & smoke fade after a while?
                false,    //Use the Static-Crashpoint-Function? If true, you have to add Coordinates into server_spawnCrashSite.sqf
                0,        //Amount of Random-Waypoints the Heli gets before he flys to his Point-Of-Crash (using Static-Crashpoint-Coordinates if its enabled)
                1        //Amount of Damage the Heli has to get while in-air to explode before the POC. (0.0001 = Insta-Explode when any damage//bullethit, 1 = Only Explode when completly damaged)
            ] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

i can't get the step 3 working for some reasons
Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; 
    "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
            _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
            {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
};

did i mis-place the code-block?
Im having the same issue did you find the solution?

its runs perfect with 1.7.7, also with edited crash site loot.
you have just to remove "nul = " in the customization step

// have to edit my post:
the loot doesnt spawn with the std file. custom loottables are working.

Dont have time to test but I imagine swapping

Code:
    _lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

For

Code:
    _lootTable = ["HeliCrashEAST","HeliCrashWEST"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

I'm sure grafzahl will want to add code to keep the western loot on the US choppers but that should work for now....

Love this script so much i have spent the time to converting it to 1.7.7
Here it is!

This is slightly modified from the original - mods include:
1) The crash heli system will run and spawn a crash heli as soon as the server starts, then wait for the defined time before spawning another
2) Heli's are on fire as they are flying around, this makes it easier to see what heli's are AI and what ones are human
3) A target is painted under the heli's belly, i used this before to remove the grass around the heli - however i left this in as it looks kinda cool :p

File (modified as of 01:33 13/06/2013 GMT+1)
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Fm3CvRDB

A massive thanks to Grafzahl for making a wonderful script :)

it is working even if you leave "nul =" as it was BUT the crashsites do not burn if they appear while you are playing. if you log out and in again they burn as they should

I am using the script you posted, and I can't even get into my server.

Obviously I am doing something wrong, it's causing me to be stuck at recieving, I checked rpt and it didn't say anything was wrong, it even gave me some of the chopper spawn indicators :/

Sorry to hear your having issues Matt L.
I can confirm the script i posted works perfectly in my server (UK130) installed the same way as described in the initial post.

Use notepad++ in your RPT file and search for the word "error", see what comes up and if anything looks like it might be from chopper crash sites.

Sorry to hear your having issues Matt L.
I can confirm the script i posted works perfectly in my server (UK130) installed the same way as described in the initial post.

Use notepad++ in your RPT file and search for the word "error", see what comes up and if anything looks like it might be from chopper crash sites.

I did, no errors which is extremely odd.

I had this Script working on my Private Reality Server, and now i tried to implement it to my new Epoch Server.
My .rtp Log shows following errors
Code:
21:27:17 Error in expression <"0";
};
if (!_parachuteWest) then {
if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
{
>
21:27:17  Error position: <_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
{
>
21:27:17  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _objectid
21:27:17 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 24
21:27:17 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:305:<null>:[0,[0,0,0]]:0:""
21:27:17 Error in expression <
};
_key = format["CHILD:305:%1:%2:%3:",_objectID,_worldspace,_fuel];
diag_log (>
21:27:17  Error position: <_objectID,_worldspace,_fuel];
diag_log (>
21:27:17  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _objectid
21:27:17 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 53
21:27:17 Error in expression <Inventory",[]]);
if (str(_inventory) != _previous) then {
_object setVariable["l>
21:27:17  Error position: <_previous) then {
_object setVariable["l>
21:27:17  Error Nicht definierte Variable in Ausdruck: _previous
21:27:17 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 66
21:27:17 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:306:<null>:[]:0:""
21:27:17 Error in expression <s;

It seems to have something to do with my server_cleanup fsm //killing a hacker section...
I have also tried to uncomment the whole section, and got this error:
Code:
0:19:41 Error in expression <sition select 2]; _isNotOk = true; }; };};

if (_isNotOk and _isbuildable) exit>
0:19:41  Error position: <};

0:19:41  Error Fehlende {
0:19:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 23
0:19:41 Error in expression <sition select 2]; _isNotOk = true; }; };};

0:19:41  Error position: <};

0:19:41  Error Fehlende {
0:19:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 23

So do i also have to change something in the server_updateobject.sqf after i made my changes in the server_cleanup.fsm???

I followed the tutorial step by step and read this thread a thousand times, but i have no clue what i did wrong :(
Maybe someone outthere can give my an advise what is going wrong here???

cheers

Loot is not spawning with the heli crashes.

I am having the same issue. Also, my heli's spawn on the ground even though my .fsm looks like
Code:
 "//Check for hackers" \n
      " {" \n
      "      if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n
      "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "          (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n

I am having the same issue. Also, my heli's spawn on the ground even though my .fsm looks like
Code:
 "//Check for hackers" \n
      " {" \n
      "      if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1)) then {" \n
      "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "          (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n

have u already checked out this thread??

http://opendayz.net/threads/sarge-ai-patrol-helis-crashing.11059/#post-51961

but this killing a hacker part only prevents AI units to spawn if not modified... your helis are spawning right now, i think this can't cause -noloot- ... it only sets damage of spawned vehicles or units =1

Back