[Atmosphere] Radio Chatter Help

so i have updated the tutorial with all the new code. I really wanted to say, though, that i am just about finished with my numbers games script and its really exciting.This is where the radioChatter script originated from. I will share that with the community when its complete 8)

Yeah, I was about to install this, until I saw that it was going to add over a meg to my mission file. As it is, I'm at 2.3mb, used to be almost 4mb but cleaned it up, removed stuff and don't want to get it back up there. Now if I can make this launch server side without adding to the mission file, that would be perfect.

yo could try something like

if (isPlayer _x) then {
{
//run script
} forEach playableUnits;
};

and just run it from the server monitor or some other server file. Not sure if that would work but as far as the sound files prob not. :/
The way i always looked at it though is even if you run a 6mb file(which we did quite often) its only a one time download for everyone unless you constantly update your pbo. You only download the file if changes have been made to the mission pbo in any way. I did rebuild it to utilize the already existing sound files from the vanilla dayz 1.8 version though. Not sure what you run.

yo could try something like

if (isPlayer _x) then {
{
//run script
} forEach playableUnits;
};

and just run it from the server monitor or some other server file. Not sure if that would work but as far as the sound files prob not. :/
The way i always looked at it though is even if you run a 6mb file(which we did quite often) its only a one time download for everyone unless you constantly update your pbo. You only download the file if changes have been made to the mission pbo in any way. I did rebuild it to utilize the already existing sound files from the vanilla dayz 1.8 version though. Not sure what you run.

Lol yeah, thats my problem. Im ALWAYS changing things, adding new things. I try to keep the player interested so Im constantly updating scripts, missions, Ai and try to change things around to keep them guessing. I change my server files at least a few times a week.

Right i have been trying this for 4 days now no joy!

i get the message bu no sounds plays would any one be able to look at my files?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103089923/dayz_mission.pbo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103089923/dayz_server.pbo

any help you make you a hero :)

hey you have to upload the whole pbo or at least put it in browser so it can be read by the browser. It is not working with those links. I will help u get it working if u fix those. 8)

hey you have to upload the whole pbo or at least put it in browser so it can be read by the browser. It is not working with those links. I will help u get it working if u fix those. 8)

hi the links work i just checked them
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103089923/dayz_server.pbo
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/103089923/dayz_mission.pbo

im still on epoch 1.0.3 as dayz.st are having issues

all my other custom sounds work so its just that its not playing the message, and i dont have a toggle radio option either

Last edited:
im so sorry i have been uber busy lately with real life garbage lol. I will make this work for you tmrw (sunday) i have to work tonight otherwise i would do it tonight.

whenever i try to view them all i get is this

\world_classname_configs\panthera2_classnames.sqf�����Ý������� væRÝ���DZAI\init\world_classname_configs\sara_classnames.sqf�����Ù������� væRÙ���DZAI\init\world_classname_configs

Last edited:
what it sounds like to me is if your getting the messages then its running the cycles but the sound isnt properly setup in your description.sqf

you can just copy and paste the files in question by using the code button on the ribbon bar ^
its right next to the " button like this

radioChatter.sqf
Code:
blah blah blah;]
true;

that way i can see what your files look like right in the forum page 8)
other than that im not sure unless you want to use dropbox or something and then post your link to download the dropbox file. Thats what i do. VoIP wont help much in the way of seeing what your scripting in to the files.

in your self actions the radio code blok needs to be above this line

Code:
if (!isNull cursorTarget and !_inVehicle and !_isPZombie and (player distance cursorTarget < _allowedDistance) and _canDo) then {    //Has some kind of target

from what i see its below that line.

i cant tell any errors in any of the others though. That will give you the action for the radio switch though. If you still dont get anything post your rpt log and ill comb through it. Whats the line to exec the script in your init.sqf look like?

i just want to give a heads up to everyone as well. I will be completing the original script this one stemmed from and i will be directing all issues to the new support thread once its completed.

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    [] execVM "custom\Server_WelcomeCredits.sqf";
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";   

[] execVM "scripts\service_point\service_point.sqf";
    [] execVM "safezone\init.sqf";
    _null = [0.3, 90] execVM "scripts\radioChatter.sqf";
    _nil = [] execVM "custom\JAEM\EvacChopper_init.sqf";

//Lights
    if (true) then {
        //[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
    };
};

//Start Dynamic Weather
if(true) then {
    execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
};
if (isServer) then { _bul = [ns_blow_emp] execVM "addons\blowout\module\blowout_server.sqf"; };
if (!isDedicated) then { _bul = [] execVM "addons\blowout\module\blowout_client.sqf"; };

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

// UPSMON
       call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

// SHK
       call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

// run SAR_AI
       [] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

[]  execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

[] execVM "ChatCommands\Commands_Activate.sqf";

hrm....ok so your are getting the messages that say something should be playing but you get no sound right? Also have you got the switch to work yet? and lastly if you havent go ahead and upload your mission pbo and ill go through it. Make it a download link if you could so i can just open it up and fix it.

Back