automatic Aircraft Carrier

I have found a much simpler way of doing this, no bugs as yet :) will post it when I'm home tonight. I have it working on standard Panthera 1.8.

When you say no bugs have you managed to stop vehicles on there exploding after a restart?

When you say no bugs have you managed to stop vehicles on there exploding after a restart?

No, this does happen. But you can land on it without falling through, open doors, go up and down the various ladders etc.

Ok so I found a simple way for me at least of spawning a fully intact Aircraft Carrier.

Step 1.

In your init.sqf file in the mission pbo use the following

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
    LHD1 call BIS_EW_fnc_createLHD;
};

The LHD1 is the name I used in the next part.

Step 2.

In your mission.sqm find the following

Code:
class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={935.22925,0.24452555,4696.7622};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
Below it use this
Code:
class Item2
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6176.591,0,1357.952};
                    azimut=90;
                    id=1;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    text="LHD1";
                };
            };
        };
Obviously changing the coordinates, azimut to suit & text if you used a different name from Step 1.

Step 3.

Still in your mission.sqm on about line 33/35 you need to change items number to include the new addition.
Code:
    class Groups
    {
        items=3;
So if you have just added the 1 aircraft carrier then obviously just add 1! :)

Voila! All done - repack & enjoy! (All credit goes to http://www.kylania.com/ex/ - further scripts there)

8lfi5lwta8t4d25fg.jpg

It is easily doable if you override player_spawnCheck and building_spawnLoot - see my zeds addon for more of an idea, basically you could write an array of the building types you want to search for, and include the LHD. But you'll have to define loot positions for anything not already defined (LHD won't be.)

Tried this last night - unfortunately, it seems like there are still some spots you can fall through the deck down to the water below.

have been playing with battleye for a bit now and finially managed to join the server with out getting kicked.

What you need to do is open createvehicle.txt and add
Code:
!"Land_LHD_house_1" !"Land_LHD_house_2" !"Land_LHD_elev_R" !"Land_LHD_1" !"Land_LHD_2" !"Land_LHD_3" !"Land_LHD_4" !"Land_LHD_5" !"Land_LHD_6"
to the end of both line 51 ("Land_") and line 57 ("_LHD_")

Hi. Just trying to get this working on my dayz.st server using Chernarus, but I'm getting the Script restriction #20 even after adding the above.

Scripts log:

Code:
03.06.2013 22:45:34: b00bies (80.109.220.105:3138) 4910054495d7d49633ad0ad03b571b11 - #20 "Land_LHD_4",
"Land_LHD_5",
"Land_LHD_6"
];
{
_dummy = _x createvehicle _LHDspawnpoint;
_dummy setdir _LHDdir;
_dummy setpos _LHD"

hmm dont know why but im getting "cannot load mission" error right before connect. has anyone gotten this? the lhd spawns perfectly just this message is showing evey connect.

Sounds like a syntax error to me. No errors in your RPT?

@Fr1nk - I've noticed that on occasion too - but it is never consistent. Sometimes can fall through, sometimes can't.

@b00bies - Not sure about battleye, but I'm sure there's something you can fix somewhere. Search for how to edit the battleye scripts.txt.

heres my between cherno and electro LHD, at a height where u can put tents second level room.

Code:
class Item###
        {
        side="EMPTY";
        id=###;
        position[]={7728.18,-9.7,2128.12};
        vehicle="TK_GUE_WarfareBAntiAirRadar_Base_EP1";
        azimut=13;
        lock="LOCKED";
        init="this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), -9.7]; nul = [this] execVM ""Scripts\LHD\createlhd.sqf"";";
        };

has anyone noticed inside the LHD the room is sometimes empty and sometimes it has ladders railings and some furnace lookings stuff in there? why does it not always show?

So in another DayZ mod they have managed to stop vehicles exploding on server restart, has anyone managed to figure this out yet for standard dayz?

Thanks

With the Epoch mod the vehicles that are left there come falling out of the sky after restart, hit the carrier, and explode...anyone have an idea of how I can fix that?

I added the carrier through the 3d editor and 3/4 of the ship is now in my server as a building. For some reason the back two pieces show in the database but are not in the game. I run a Tavi 2.0 modded server. If someone could walk me through a fix for this I would greatfull!

No, this does happen. But you can land on it without falling through, open doors, go up and down the various ladders etc.

Ok so I found a simple way for me at least of spawning a fully intact Aircraft Carrier.

Step 1.

In your init.sqf file in the mission pbo use the following

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
    LHD1 call BIS_EW_fnc_createLHD;
};

The LHD1 is the name I used in the next part.

Step 2.

In your mission.sqm find the following

Code:
class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={935.22925,0.24452555,4696.7622};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
Below it use this
Code:
class Item2
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6176.591,0,1357.952};
                    azimut=90;
                    id=1;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    text="LHD1";
                };
            };
        };
Obviously changing the coordinates, azimut to suit & text if you used a different name from Step 1.

Step 3.

Still in your mission.sqm on about line 33/35 you need to change items number to include the new addition.
Code:
    class Groups
    {
        items=3;
So if you have just added the 1 aircraft carrier then obviously just add 1! :)

Voila! All done - repack & enjoy! (All credit goes to http://www.kylania.com/ex/ - further scripts there)

8lfi5lwta8t4d25fg.jpg

Says: cannot load mission and no one cant log on.

Any knowledge?

Well, I had an idea of how to make vehicles spawn on the carrier. My idea is this, run a script that finds the vehicles around the carrier and moves them to just above the carrier as the server starts up. I think the main problem that could arise with this is incorrect timing, as with every other solution you guys have come up with. :) Also possibly the fact that the carrier is technically a bunch of vehicles(I think), although there's probably a way to exclude them somehow.

Now, this brings us to why am I here, I don't know jack shit about how all this stuff works. I' just got my server a week ago so I figure you guys that know what you are doing can make it happen :) please? Based on hours of thought and a lot of googling and studying script and syntax, this is what I got. My first 100% original 100% non-working script :)

_list = [13120, 2910.26] nearObjects ["vehicle",1500];
IF (vehicle = _list) THEN {
vehicle setPosASL2 [getPosASL vehicle select 0, getPosASL vehicle select 1 + 100, getPosASL select 2];
};

I had hoped this would generate a list of the vehicles within 1500 meters of the carrier's location and move them up 100 meters above sea level. The reason for such a wide radius and such height is simply to test it.

The way I attempted to implement it was simply by saving it to FORTHELOVEOFGOODPLEASEWORK.sqf (not really, just LHDFIX.sqf) and adding [] execvm "LHDFIX.sqf"; to the bottom of my init.sqf.

I'm sure it's either complete rubbish or riddled with syntax errors but please go on easy on it and just take it for what (I hope) it's worth, a jumping off point.

Oh also, rather than adding the carrier I use to the database as you guys seem to have, I just made one in the 2d editor then merged it with my mission.sqm. If anyone else would like to do the same, then please enjoy this link. And before you ask, it took about 2 hours, and a lot of patience to put all of those damn pieces together.

After a bit of time messing with more scipts I think I've got a little better grip on how they work, so I revised my previous script into this.

{
_lhdveh = [12943.6, 3743.61, 0] nearObjects ["AllVehicles", 1000];
_vehpos = {getposASL} forEach _lhdveh;
{setposASLW [ getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 200]} forEach [_vehpos];
};

Which, of course, still doesn't work. :/ Since I still don't know what I'm doing maybe someone who does can help fix this, if it will in fact work as I hope it does. I'm still not too clear on arrays, I think maybe if someone could rewrite this making an array of vehicles, an array of the vehicle positions and then the command to set the vehicle positions higher I think it could work. Oh, also I have this being executed by a trigger with a radius that covers the entire map so that anytime anyone enters the server for the first time it will run the script, which of course wont need to be run again until the server starts fresh again.

Note: I've never seen the ASLW line before today, if anyone is unfamiliar with it, it means At Seal Level above Waves, from what I've read ASL and ATL can return false variables for Z when the object in question is over the sea, so I decided to use ASLW at it determines the level including waves.

Back