Blur Gaming Custom Spawn Tutorial

Ok heres the report log . The error is at the bottom and reads ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\description.ext, line 565: .CfgSounds: Member already defined.

My coding is very basic but basically from what i understand its saying that cfgsounds is already used?
I see cfg sounds half way down in the code and it is used for other sounds. So do i just remove it from the top and ad it to the existing block of code that already contains the cfgsounds class? Thanks again guys.

Ok so that worked i put the code inside the other block and commented out the old one. Now i have anew problem,

Script custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf not found

file is not found, either it doesnt exist or your code is pointing to th wrong folder.
using the file browser, go to the folder in your mission and check if the file,is there or in a different location

I Have created a custom intro when logging into the server, But I have an issue with the Music Being too low, But when played when you Enter the traders using the same file it sounds Fine and Loud. I have the Coding as shown below: any help would be great
(Once resolved I will share the full install instructions).

Code:
0 fadeSound 10;
playsound "introSong";
_nul = [] ExecVM "spawn\Camera_init.sqf";
/*
text: Text
x coord (optional): Number - screen position x
y coord (optional): Number - screen position y
duration (optional): Number - text duration
fade-in time (optional): Number - time it takes for the text to fade in
delta y (optional): Number - up/down movement speed
resource layer (optional): Number - Layer ID ["<t  size='1'>" + "
*/
["<t size='4'>" + "Welcome To" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,4,66,310] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='3' color='#fd0a05'>" + "DayzGame.<br />GamingDeluxe.Net" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,120,3,66,311] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4.5;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Admin *Russell Friendly* <br />
Moderator *Stew*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,313] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2'>" + "Free Welcome Pack Which Can Be Claimed Online or Asking the Admin" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31115] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2'>" + "Remember To Keep An Item In Your Vehicle and Maintain Your Bases" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31115] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='1.4' color='#fd0a05'>" + "Donation Perks Can Been Seen On<br />www.DayzGamer.GamingDeluxe.Net" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31222] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Any Donations Will Be Greatly Appreciated" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31331] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='3' color='#fd0a05'>" + "*Rules*<br /> DONT BE A DICK!" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,30] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*No Side Chat*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,77810] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*No Blocking Looting Area or Building Near Traders*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,344212] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*PVP Server, Watch Your Back*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3157878] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Watchout For AI Going Around the Map*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31431] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Need Any Help Contact The Admins*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3767811] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Check Out The Website For The Latest News, Rules and Updates*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,27880] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Don't be a LONER! Join on Team Speak 109.70.149.5:10040*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3144430] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Find The TS and Website Address on the Right in the Debug Monitor*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31340] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;

Last edited:
The volume is not controlled in the script you linked. it is in the cfgsounds or whatever. i have not touched arma code for 200 years so i dont remember exactly.

what you want to edit is this sound[]={introSong.ogg,0.9,1}; the numbers at the end control the DB i think

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] =
{
introSong
};
class introSong
{
name="introSong";
sound[]={introSong.ogg,0.9,1};
titles[] = {};
};
};

I Have created a custom intro when logging into the server, But I have an issue with the Music Being too low, But when played when you Enter the traders using the same file it sounds Fine and Loud. I have the Coding as shown below: any help would be great
(Once resolved I will share the full install instructions).

Code:
0 fadeSound 10;
playsound "introSong";
_nul = [] ExecVM "spawn\Camera_init.sqf";
/*
text: Text
x coord (optional): Number - screen position x
y coord (optional): Number - screen position y
duration (optional): Number - text duration
fade-in time (optional): Number - time it takes for the text to fade in
delta y (optional): Number - up/down movement speed
resource layer (optional): Number - Layer ID ["<t  size='1'>" + "
*/
["<t size='4'>" + "Welcome To" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,4,66,310] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='3' color='#fd0a05'>" + "DayzGame.<br />GamingDeluxe.Net" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,120,3,66,311] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4.5;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Admin *Russell Friendly* <br />
Moderator *Stew*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,313] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2'>" + "Free Welcome Pack Which Can Be Claimed Online or Asking the Admin" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31115] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2'>" + "Remember To Keep An Item In Your Vehicle and Maintain Your Bases" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31115] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='1.4' color='#fd0a05'>" + "Donation Perks Can Been Seen On<br />www.DayzGamer.GamingDeluxe.Net" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31222] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Any Donations Will Be Greatly Appreciated" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31331] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='3' color='#fd0a05'>" + "*Rules*<br /> DONT BE A DICK!" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,30] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*No Side Chat*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,77810] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*No Blocking Looting Area or Building Near Traders*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,344212] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*PVP Server, Watch Your Back*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3157878] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Watchout For AI Going Around the Map*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31431] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Need Any Help Contact The Admins*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3767811] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Check Out The Website For The Latest News, Rules and Updates*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,27880] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "Don't be a LONER! Join on Team Speak 109.70.149.5:10040*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,3144430] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;
["<t size='2' color='#ff8800'>" + "*Find The TS and Website Address on the Right in the Debug Monitor*" + "</t>",0.02,0.3,100,2,66,31340] spawn bis_fnc_dynamicText; sleep 4;

The volume is not controlled in the script you linked. it is in the cfgsounds or whatever. i have not touched arma code for 200 years so i dont remember exactly.

what you want to edit is this sound[]={introSong.ogg,0.9,1}; the numbers at the end control the DB i think

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] =
{
introSong
};
class introSong
{
name="introSong";
titles[] = {};
};
};

sorry for the wait :p

hey blur....i know its been a good while since you wrote this script, but I seem to have a problem. Ive added the script to my epoch server and unfortunately im only getting the music upon spawning in to the server, no jump is occuring.

Been trying to resolve this issue myself with no luck, it seems to me that this script i now assume if for dayz mod as I didnt notice the forum it was in originally, but to me the code should work for epoch too on first glance at it. Im just unable to work out what is not allowing a spawn to jump in when joining the server.

I can only asume that somewhere along the lines this is something to do with playermonitor.sqf

This is what I have in init.sqf in my mission file (which i assume is correct)

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";}];
    _playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";

My description.ext is obviously fine as my intro plays when entering server as a new spawn.

so Im assuming something is misaligned between init.sqf and player_monitor.sqf

This is my player_monitor that is in \z\addons\dayz_code\system:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    waitUntil{dayz_preloadFinished};
};
_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
if (DZE_R3F_WEIGHT) then {
    _void = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
};

Now being as thick as two short planks, am i right to assume that in this case "\z\addons\dayz_code\system" will refer to the same directory that is in the "@dayz_epoch" client files that I would have sitting in my servers root directory? As you can see in the dayz epoch client file here, there is a lot less code when compared to dayz mod code in its equivalent directory and in this case refers to (ie calls to) another file of the same name (but different extension). Im just seeing what is not hooking in when I spawn in as I cant see anything that shouldnt be working at first glance.

Any indicators as to what i am not quite getting right would be greatly appreciated.

hey blur....i know its been a good while since you wrote this script, but I seem to have a problem. Ive added the script to my epoch server and unfortunately im only getting the music upon spawning in to the server, no jump is occuring.

Been trying to resolve this issue myself with no luck, it seems to me that this script i now assume if for dayz mod as I didnt notice the forum it was in originally, but to me the code should work for epoch too on first glance at it. Im just unable to work out what is not allowing a spawn to jump in when joining the server.

I can only asume that somewhere along the lines this is something to do with playermonitor.sqf

This is what I have in init.sqf in my mission file (which i assume is correct)

Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";}];
    _playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";

My description.ext is obviously fine as my intro plays when entering server as a new spawn.

so Im assuming something is misaligned between init.sqf and player_monitor.sqf

This is my player_monitor that is in \z\addons\dayz_code\system:

Code:
if (isServer) then {
    waitUntil{dayz_preloadFinished};
};
_id = [] execFSM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm";
if (DZE_R3F_WEIGHT) then {
    _void = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\R3F_Realism\R3F_Realism_Init.sqf";
};

Now being as thick as two short planks, am i right to assume that in this case "\z\addons\dayz_code\system" will refer to the same directory that is in the "@dayz_epoch" client files that I would have sitting in my servers root directory? As you can see in the dayz epoch client file here, there is a lot less code when compared to dayz mod code in its equivalent directory and in this case refers to (ie calls to) another file of the same name (but different extension). Im just seeing what is not hooking in when I spawn in as I cant see anything that shouldnt be working at first glance.

Any indicators as to what i am not quite getting right would be greatly appreciated.
Thats because this script only is for the text and the music at spawn in, not the parajump spawn, you will have to see something else for that

AHA...okey dokey...you dont by any chance know which post/thread the parajump spawn was in do you?

Nevemind...I resolved it as found out what needed to be done in the init.sqf

Last edited:
AHA...okey dokey...you dont by any chance know which post/thread the parajump spawn was in do you?

Nevemind...I resolved it as found out what needed to be done in the init.sqf
Damn this thing is still active? Thanks for the reply Andrew. Also good luck with your server :)

I think posts such as this will still be active for the simple reason that there's still a lot of servers that are being hosted albeit with not as many players as there used to be.

Hey This Is All I see In My Description.ext File

Code:
respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 5;
onLoadMission= "DayZ Epoch";
OnLoadIntro = "http://epochmod.com/";
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
disabledAI = true;
disableChannels[]={0,2,6}; //0 = Global 1 = Side 2 = Command 3 = Group 4 = Vehicle 5 = Direct 6 = System
enableItemsDropping = 0;

briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;

onPauseScript = "";
loadScreen = "IMG\LOAD\LoadingScreen.jpg";

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 100;
};

aiKills = 1;
diagRadio = 1;
diagHit = 1;

//SFX
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};
    class Brief_Open_Sound
    {
        name = "Brief_Open_Sound";
        sound[] = {SFX\MysteryBrief\brief_open.ogg,0.4,1};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class radio
    {
    name="radio";
    sound[]={SFX\Radio\radio.ogg,1,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class carlock
    {
    name = "carlock";
    sound[] = {SFX\Car\carlock.ogg,1.0,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };   
};

//Loads all hpp files
#include "CONFIGS\MissionInit.hpp"
#include "custom\snap_pro\snappoints.hpp"

Hey This Is All I see In My Description.ext File

Code:
respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 5;
onLoadMission= "DayZ Epoch";
OnLoadIntro = "http://epochmod.com/";
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
disabledAI = true;
disableChannels[]={0,2,6}; //0 = Global 1 = Side 2 = Command 3 = Group 4 = Vehicle 5 = Direct 6 = System
enableItemsDropping = 0;

briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;

onPauseScript = "";
loadScreen = "IMG\LOAD\LoadingScreen.jpg";

class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 100;
};

aiKills = 1;
diagRadio = 1;
diagHit = 1;

//SFX
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};
    class Brief_Open_Sound
    {
        name = "Brief_Open_Sound";
        sound[] = {SFX\MysteryBrief\brief_open.ogg,0.4,1};
        titles[] = {};
    };
    class radio
    {
    name="radio";
    sound[]={SFX\Radio\radio.ogg,1,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class carlock
    {
    name = "carlock";
    sound[] = {SFX\Car\carlock.ogg,1.0,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };  
};

//Loads all hpp files
#include "CONFIGS\MissionInit.hpp"
#include "custom\snap_pro\snappoints.hpp"

Yes maybe thats all you see but you need to let us know what your experiencing or what is happening with your individual situation...just saying "This is all I see in my description.ext2 doesnt tell us much does it.

Well i mean by, i cant add this line in :
Code:
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] =
    {
    introSong
    };
    class introSong
    {
    name="introSong";
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

As directed in the tutorial below the line found in description.ext (Which I Cannot Find)
Code:
class RscPicture
{
    access=0;
    type=0;
    idc=-1;
    style=48;
    colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0};
    colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
    font="TahomaB";
    sizeEx=0;
    lineSpacing=0;