Boycotting servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayZBadServers

Hello there,
I am new on this forum. I have set myself a goal: to visit alot of servers and boycot the ones with admin abuse: I will post them + reason of boycotting. I already found one.
Mod: DayZ Epoch
Server: Fr/Be Pve DFH DayZEpoch Chernarus 500 vehicles-Self bloodbag-tow-lift-Basebuilding (1.0.1.5/103718) [RECRUIT|3DP:ON|CH:ON|][GTM+1] | DayZ.ST
IP: 37.130.229.180:3289
Reason: I wanted to play some peaceful PvE servers, so i joined this one. After a while a admin came online and i was speaking to somebody else, and i got kicked for no reason. I thought it was an error and so i rejoined and continued to speak to my friend (not in my own language btw, just English, others were doing it too) and i got banned. There are no rules about speaking English, so this falls under ADMIN ABUSE. Please don't join this server, but instead boycot it.
Thank you,
I hope we win the battle against admin abuse,
- Your preventer.

Hello again,
I found another server with admin abuse.
This time i provide additional information (i'll actually edit post #1 too) to prevent them from just changing name.
Mod: DayZ Epoch (always idk why so much admin abuse on epoch)
Server: Irishman's DayZChernarus Epoch UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!! PVE/NO PVP Epoch NEW SERVER as of 29 Aug! REGULAR 3DP:ON CH:OFF (GMT -4) 1.0.2.1 | DayZ.ST
IP: 173.192.200.117:3272
Reason: I asked an admin if i could borrow a plane stationary at NEAF. He said it's stealing, i didn't even move it. Then he banned me, biggest admin abuse ever. Please don't join this server as always.
Thank you,
- Your preventer.

ok fair enough this happened to you but we need HARD EVIDENCE before we boycott anything and right now all ihave to go on is what you have typed here, im not calling you a liar (no offence meant in any way), but whats stopping you from saying it happend when it didnt? maybe you could record your game sessions or the chat logs so we have at least some proof,
just my 2 cents

Completely unnecessary and possibly harmful idea. Players can quickly see for themselves if a server is abusive, faster than checking some list somewhere.

Posting a server name is silly, as they can easily and frequently be changed, and posting ip : ports is silly because the vast majority of dayz servers are hosted by service providers, and if someone cancels their server someone else will be assigned to that port - and now you are boycotting a completely innocent server owner.

Frankly speaking, if someone buys a server on a private hive, they are free to cheat all they want, set whatever rules they want, and kick anyone they feel like. If someone wants to create a server where everyone spawns with RPG's and kicks anyone named Bob, they have that right. You also have the right to not play there.

If an admin abuses their players, people go elsewhere, and the server ends up with just the admins and their buddies. They get bored eventually and turn off the server. Problem solves itself.

Hello again,
I found another server with admin abuse.
This time i provide additional information (i'll actually edit post #1 too) to prevent them from just changing name.
Mod: DayZ Epoch (always idk why so much admin abuse on epoch)
Server: Irishman's DayZChernarus Epoch UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!! PVE/NO PVP Epoch NEW SERVER as of 29 Aug! REGULAR 3DP:ON CH:OFF (GMT -4) 1.0.2.1 | DayZ.ST
IP: 173.192.200.117:3272
Reason: I asked an admin if i could borrow a plane stationary at NEAF. He said it's stealing, i didn't even move it. Then he banned me, biggest admin abuse ever. Please don't join this server as always.
Thank you,
- Your preventer.
That's not Admin Abuse, join my server Ill show you Admin Abuse! BWahahahaahaaaaaaaaa!

Posting this is kind of a pointless. There are so many servers to choose from that bad ones get abandoned quickly on their own.

Most DayZ players do not browse these forums anyway. The majority of members here are admins.

I used to play on the server "Legion Owns Cherno". It was a decent server; my only complaint would be is the admins hold your hands too much (sidechat whiners mostly "tp me here. can you give me a vehicle? admin, so and so killed me can i have my stuff back? D:"). You also started with a DMR in your loadout. Anyway, given all of this right of the bat, I figured I really had nothing to complain about; I thought I had finally found a server that I could play in constantly without admin bias, or dealing with assholes using sidechat to speak. None of this was a problem at first. There were a few people on the server who would ask admins for help almost constantly, but that was about it. One of the admins told them several times that they were on their own, and I had respected him/her for that. Then one day, someone showed up at my base (I was not online, but had a friend tell me about it later) and was asking about how easy it was to blow up the walls surrounding it. My friend who was online at the time shot said player, and was then banned for it. When I was told about this, I signed on to take a look around the base to make sure everything was in order. When I signed in, I was looking at one of the admins, gopostal (who is also on this site), helping 2 other players steal all of my stuff. So, I took the shot, killed the admin and then killed one of the other players. The last player hopped into vehicle and escaped. I was banned shortly after that. And for what? Defending my base? It was bullshit.

Come on and join my server and I'll be more than happy to abuse you. I'm equal opportunity like that. I'm tired of getting forum PM's anyway, might as well make them public for everyone to read.

Running a public server is like slamming your fingers in a car door anyway. You bust your butt to make a decent server and even if there is a single rule someone is always breaking it. I ban an average of 1 to 2 people a day, every day, and I have like 4 total rules.

Almost every admin I know would look at this list and upon seeing their name would do one of two things:
1- say "IDGAF....<shrug>" and then move on to the next thread
2- feel a strong sense of pride at banning such an obvious knobhead

Come on and join my server and I'll be more than happy to abuse you. I'm equal opportunity like that. I'm tired of getting forum PM's anyway, might as well make them public for everyone to read.

Running a public server is like slamming your fingers in a car door anyway. You bust your butt to make a decent server and even if there is a single rule someone is always breaking it. I ban an average of 1 to 2 people a day, every day, and I have like 4 total rules.

Almost every admin I know would look at this list and upon seeing their name would do one of two things:

side-note: the original server in question:37.130.229.180:3289 is no longer alive. go figure.

3 - most server admins are abusive and knobheads.

#4 not related to 1-2 or -3, if you post your server's IP. I would be MORE than happy to visit.

Here's the deal: on my server I'm moving to whitelist this evening. Every person who plays has access to the admin panel if they want it. I run heavy missions constantly so it's up to you how you want to play. Want to spawn a jet and challenge someone to dogfights? Have at it. Tank battles? Wouldn't be the first time (this week). It's truly a sandbox server and my friends can do WTF they want on it.

EDIT:
I just happened to check my email and it appears you edited your original reply from this:
gopostal, Capt Obvious replied to a thread you are watching at Open DayZ Community.

Boycotting servers

gopostal

I'll post your server on a scripting site, whats your IP?
I thought that to be a rather interesting response. In fairness I replied privately to you which you may or may not decide to post publicly (that's your call to make) but I felt it was probably in the best interest of the other people who have been helping you to see your knee-jerk response.

There's plenty enough trouble in DayZ servers already. Threats to make more puts you in a bad light, just sayin'.

Last edited:
I have been keeping an eye on this thread, Allan is right.
This is pointless and just in general stupid. Keep your opinion to your self.

I'm going to lock this thread before people being to get hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back