[Bug] Refill Ammo on relog with Backpack

SchwEde

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
hey
most of you know this bug. Just put an almost empty mag in your backpack, relog and now the mag is full again.
I just wondered if there is a way to fix this.

thank you and cheers

There is an error with the arma engine as it saves the magazine count, not the ammo. I don't think there is a way to fix that unless the engine gets rewrote

It could be done with some talented scripting but would involve changing the way the DB saves information to the hive - IE: ["DMR_Mag["15"]","DMR_Mag["20"]"] etc...

Problem is that the of hive calls are hardcoded.

I have seen servers where this is fixed (DMR mags dont refresh in your backpack). Unfortunately, they do refresh when you switch to a Ghillie. So Vamps point is pretty clear, regardless of the fact that it can be fixed, the engine wasn't purpose built to stop this from happening, so there will be a lot of ways of getting around such a fix.

A better option may be a script that attempts to stop this occurring by counting the mags a player has versus the shots fired and if the two don't add up - BAM - Message to an admin. But I doubt that would be lightweight and would probably cause low server FPS.

an alternative would be to delete almost empty mags (bullets < 5 or something) in a persons backpack if player disconnects ... but would most likely course rama screams amongst the players, complainting about lost magazines constantly

Back